PDA

View Full Version : where do you buy your swimsuits?

swimchickee
October 13th, 2007, 11:37 PM
post any website, any store that you love to stock up on swimsuits from!

swimfree
October 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
www.splish.com
They have the wackiest and coolest swimsuits. :fish2:

swimshark
October 14th, 2007, 07:46 AM
I love these suits http://www.eqswimwear.com/ I get the grab bag harmony. Right now they have a sale of buy 2, get 1 free. I get their lycra and they last for around a year each!

Alison

bud
October 14th, 2007, 09:59 AM
to date i've used kiefer.com (http://www.kiefer.com/). i really like the Kiefer brand products... excellent quality and VERY good prices. i mostly buy suits and goggles there. their closeout deals can be great.

i recently discovered that the Lane 4 Swim Shop headquarters is just around the corner here. i stopped by and got to meet the owner, who is a very nice fella. a number of my swim buddies get their suits there as they routinely have great sale/closeout prices. their web is lane4swim.com (http://www.lane4swim.com/)

i'm completely spoiled because for nearly seven years now I have been able to regularly swim mid-mornings year round in an outdoor pool. in order to get some color on my cheeks i started using a "tan-thru suit" for practice. as for the tan-thru function they work OK (the fabric is = to about SPF 15-30), but what was the pleasant surprise is that they are pretty tough and they dry REALLY fast, which is pretty handy for those early am practices where a wet suit has to be in my car all day. (they will dry on your body really fast too.) i have always gotten the "Solar" brand suits. they changed it all around since my last purchase, but i believe this is their web: solartanthrusuits.com (http://www.solartanthrusuits.com/). the fabric is not real stretchy, but if you are on the cusp size-wise i've found it is better to go smaller as they will stretch a bit and then stop. i take good care of them (don't sit on the deck, rinse them well [no spin dry machines!] etc.) and they will last at least a year or more (i'm sure i had one for over 2 summers, and i swim about every other day). the closeout deals are not fantastic, but considering how well they last i figure i'm ahead $ wise.

if you google <tan-thru suit (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=tan-thru+suit)> (or similar variations) you will get some other brands. (like "COOLTAN tan-through swimsuits and sportswear".)

cathlaur
October 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I bought a grab bag bathing suit at http://www.eqswimwear.com/and am waiting to get it. Alison ( swimshark had told me about how much she likes them) I have been told by email they mailed it but I don't have it yet. I hope to get it soon as if I like it I will order one more for me and 1 for each of my daughters ( the two piece ones for them)

Cheers

I got a great deal on a bathing suit at a (speciality pool store) they had speedos for 90 bucks and were clearing stock. I got a plain blue one for $24. I love it for the price.

Katie

some_girl
October 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Swimoutlet.com for me. Even with our team discounts at Kastaway, Swim Outlet often ends up being cheaper. And they have a great selection.

Blackbeard's Peg
October 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM
i buy my dragsuits at nationals. two usually last me until next nationals. i think i've gotten tyrs the last couple of years, but usually whoever has the best grab bag 2 for $x deal and the worst-looking patterns.
actually bought a fastskin2 from kastaway's tent at Federal Way b/c i didn't like how my fspro was was working.

2fish&1whale
October 14th, 2007, 09:13 PM
swimoutlet.com has been the most convenient place for me so far. I order a bunch of suits in different sizes, they get to my house in 4-6 days, I try them on (without a 360 mirror and bright lights,things I hate when trying on suits!) and send back the ones I don't want. Shipping is free (over $75). The other company I've had good luck with (price,service) is elsemore aquatics......they allow you to choose a specific back style when you order grabbag suits....something most companies don't do....

swimchickee
October 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
i've ordered from swimoutlet a couple times... some positive experiences, some not
for example it took them 2 weeks to send one of my orders, only to have the wrong size. when i contacted them they said they didn't have the size i needed instock... luckily i got a 10% discount off my other items :]

www.discountswim.com is also a great place!

Mighty Minnow
October 15th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I've had very good luck with swimoutlet.com. The only drawback is that quite often they don't have a size I am looking for. I order for both me and my daughter from the grab-bag.....

Warren
October 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
swimoutlet.com is a good site

Blackbeard's Peg
October 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
warren, you busting out your fspro for the 25s?

FlyQueen
October 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I go to Kiefer for most of mine and buy off the sale rack. Occasionally I use speedousa.com but I almost NEVER pay full price for anything but Fastskins.

Slowswim
October 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
www.splish.com (http://www.splish.com)
They have the wackiest and coolest swimsuits. :fish2:

I looked at the briefs, they look like little boy's underwear. Do you see guys wear any of these?:shakeshead:

Warren
October 16th, 2007, 10:29 AM
warren, you busting out your fspro for the 25s?

I don't have an fspro but I have an original fastskin jammer that I will probably be using.

Blackbeard's Peg
October 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I looked at the briefs, they look like little boy's underwear. Do you see guys wear any of these?:shakeshead:

Not many anymore. I do half my non-national meets in a "brief", and the other half in an aquablade jammer. FS2 legs for nationals. There are EXTREMELY few brief-wearers at nationals, and most of them (ie Jeff Commings) are breaststrokers. I am usually one of very few at my local meets still wearing a brief. Most people wear jammers.

Slowswim
October 16th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Peg:

I meant the splish briefs. Take a look. They look like something a 3 year old would wear.:joker:

TomBrooklyn
October 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Swim Outlet has this suit for sale now...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/TomBrooklyn/borat-swimsuit.jpg

aquaFeisty
October 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I usually get mine through Kiefer. The key is to always buy the sale or grab bag suits and to look for suits with patterns and/or in a dark color to extend the life! :)

cathlaur
October 17th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hey there

I got my swimsuit from eqsswimwear last night. I love it. It fits perfectly and was a good price. I have a long body and it accomodated that.

Thanks Alison ( swimshark for the link)

Katie

swimshark
October 17th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Hey there

I got my swimsuit from eqsswimwear last night. I love it. It fits perfectly and was a good price. I have a long body and it accomodated that.

Thanks Alison ( swimshark for the link)

Katie

You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. I'm about to order more with their buy 2 get 1 free sale. Can't beat 3 suits for $58!

Alison

cathlaur
October 17th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Yup I am buying the sale as well , (2) two pieces 1 for each of my daughters and the one piece for me. I want the girls to have one two piece they can actually swim in and enjoy ( heading to the Dominican in Dec and we have a pool) with the next bathing suit for me that I order , I should have enough suits for well over a year. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks again.

Enjoy your new suits. It is like Christmas when you open up the parcel

Katie

slknight
October 17th, 2007, 09:18 AM
You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. I'm about to order more with their buy 2 get 1 free sale. Can't beat 3 suits for $58!

Alison

Is their sizing pretty comparable to Speedo or TYR?

swimshark
October 17th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Is their sizing pretty comparable to Speedo or TYR?

Yes, same sizing for me with EQ, Speedo and Tyr.

Alison

slknight
October 17th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, same sizing for me with EQ, Speedo and Tyr.

Thanks! I just placed an order. :applaud:

ALM
October 17th, 2007, 05:31 PM
I thought that The Finals had gone out of business, but I guess I was wrong. Looks like they have some good prices on their sale suits:

http://www.thefinals.com/

Anna Lea

Jeff Commings
October 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I bought my drag suit from speedo.com three years ago. I am still wearing it and it is only now starting to show signs of wear as some threads start to come out of the seams. The color has not faded.

Other than that, I haven't had to buy a suit in the 21st century. Before worlds last year, I was doing fine with two Speedo lycra briefs I bought in 2000, and I use those for non-shave meets. I still wear them and they haven't faded. I did my shave meets in a Speedo Aquablade that I got from my Speedo sponsorship in 1997. The lining wore out and I got a new one from TYR last year (for free).

I don't really like the TYR suit, so I'm going to buy a Speedo Fastskin brief for my shave meet in three weeks.

Like the other Jeff said, I am a rare breed in that I wear briefs to my shave meets. But if the race does not involve breaststroke, I might throw on a jammer, just for fun.

In any case, those of you shelling out for four suits in these grab bags can probably get one of the new Speedo endurance suits for less. If you just rinse out the suit and dry it correctly (i.e. don't leave it in the car to rot in the sun) any suit should last you more than one year. I am not a penny-pincher; I just know how to make my clothes last (I have T-shirts from college that are now starting to fray after 15 years).

BTW, I am not being paid by Speedo to say all of this.

swimchickee
October 17th, 2007, 06:26 PM
my team offers a discount at this sport shop in our area. i've looked at their website and the prices are reasonable. very proffesional
www.swimtowin.com

ALM
October 17th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I'm a bargain hunter. I don't think I've ever paid full price for a suit. And, like Jeff C., I try to make my clothes last (I still have t-shirts from the year the Jayhawks won the Final Four - 1988).

I've found a lot of my bargain suits at Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Both of these are stores that carry "leftovers" and overstocks, so you never know what you'll find. A couple of months ago I found four Nike suits at TJ Maxx - three were $16.00 each; one (polyester, no less!) was $12.00.

It helps that I wear a small size (30). The bargains seem to be in either the very small or very large sizes.

Anna Lea

swimchickee
October 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
i detest the shippping fees online!!!!!

cathlaur
October 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Susan

Good for you. I love my new suit from eqsswimwear. Good thing I bought a size 40 ( okay I am 5 10 and big boned and a little over weight LOL LOL) because my3 week old size 42 speedo pretty well exposed my breasts to the swim club this morning when I dove in GEESH LOL.

So I am going to buy a 38 to have in store when my 40 is too small. GOSH I love writing that.

Let us know what you think when you get your suit.

Katie

cathlaur
October 18th, 2007, 10:19 AM
The shipping fees really are not that bad. Now that my dollar is worth more than yours LOL ( who would have thought) it does not bother me as much. Canada's population is no where near the States so finding a store that sells suits near where I live it very hard ( would cost more than $6 in gas to get there). So buying on line can be risky but so far so good.

Katie

christineL
October 19th, 2007, 10:40 AM
:cheerleader::banana: I got so excited shopping on Splish but I couldn't find rubber ducky drag suit for my daughter who is on a team. Do you know of a site that sells such suit?

:banana: I'm getting the "money" and "chocolate" suit - those suits will spice up the workouts.

swimchickee
October 19th, 2007, 06:07 PM
dont splishes stretch out really quickly?
i love the designs! they're so funky and colorful, but seeing how much i swim... i dont think they would hold up.

what's the most any of you have spend on a practice suit? (not including racing ones)

christineL
October 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
If suits from Splish do not last as much as the others, then I'm ok with it. Hey, we spend the same amount on clothing which we wear for a short while anyway. :D

There's nothing wrong with being Splashy every now and then. :woot:

slknight
October 28th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Those of you who have ordered from EQ swimwear, do you generally get your suits in a timely fashion? I ordered from them on the 17th and have yet to see my suits. :shakeshead: I did receive an order confirmation from them, but that's it. I don't think they've charged my credit card though. I e-mailed them, but haven't heard back yet, probably because of the weekend. I'm going to call them tomorrow if I don't hear anything. I really want my suits! :censor:

swimshark
October 29th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Those of you who have ordered from EQ swimwear, do you generally get your suits in a timely fashion? I ordered from them on the 17th and have yet to see my suits. :shakeshead: I did receive an order confirmation from them, but that's it. I don't think they've charged my credit card though. I e-mailed them, but haven't heard back yet, probably because of the weekend. I'm going to call them tomorrow if I don't hear anything. I really want my suits! :censor:

They aren't he fastes shippers. Usually 2 weeks from the time you order until you get them. I'd start looking for them around Wed or so. I hope you enjoy the suits. I know I do. I just ordered with the sale so I'll have extra suits when my new ones wear out.

Alison

cathlaur
October 29th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Susan. My suits took forever. I even asked Alison about it. They will get there dont worry. Let us know what you get LOL. It is like Christmas when you open the package.

Katie

swimchickee
October 29th, 2007, 11:14 PM
do dolfin uglies run true to size, or should i order a size larger?

swimchickee
October 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
also, once again swimoutlet.com has failed me :(

2fish&1whale
October 30th, 2007, 09:47 PM
do tell, because i have an order pending with them...

lynnwa
October 31st, 2007, 08:19 AM
I received my grab bag suits the other day from EQ and I'm thrilled with them; they fit and I received one solid and two patterns.

imspoiled
October 31st, 2007, 12:08 PM

Sorry to hear that. I've had nothing but very positive experiences with them. What happened?

swimshark
October 31st, 2007, 02:57 PM
I received my grab bag suits the other day from EQ and I'm thrilled with them; they fit and I received one solid and two patterns.

I'm glad you like your EQ suits. Getting the grab bag is like opening a Christmas present.

I ordered some and can't wait to see what I get this time.

Alison

PArob83
November 2nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Ive been buying exclusively from agonswim.com for years with daily use i go thru about 2 suits a year in a pool that would kill the average suit in 4 weeks, they dont use standard 100% polyester but they do use 80%polyester as standard... no nylon.. (standard from speedo) i buy lots of grab bag suits, and have even had some unique custom ones made, one pair of jammers i got for lifeguarding, 8 hours a day of wearing, and after 12 weeks there still like new, minus 1/4 in of a loose stitch... (easy fix)
anyway, I love their stuff but youll have to get your parkas elsewhere...

Rick
November 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM
I have been getting my suits (and other swim stuff - goggles, fins, etc.) for about 25 years from Bill Hugg AllSwim at - http://www.wbhswim.com. He has a good selection of Masters' suits for all shapes and sizes - and his prices are very good.

He is also a really nice guy who was a pharmacist at one time, sold swim stuff on the side, and then built his swim focus into a fairly large business.

swimchickee
November 2nd, 2007, 11:38 PM
i ordered a lycra suit from swimoutlet for 17.95!!!
i was so excited to get it
and i waited, and waited.
but i never receieved a confirmation e-mail
after notifying swimoutlet, they informed me the item was out of stock and i would have to cancel
:(

i've had a couple of other experiences like this with this company before.

rtodd
November 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Got two Fastskins from the Speedo website for $70 ea. Used to be $240.

These were good enough for the olympians in Sydney, so good enough for me.

I also use http://www.swimmerschoice.com/

chris_swims
January 4th, 2008, 04:19 PM
djsports.com (http://djsports.com) has great prices on grab bag practice suits and free shipping too!!

aztimm
January 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I bought my drag suit from speedo.com three years ago. I am still wearing it and it is only now starting to show signs of wear as some threads start to come out of the seams. The color has not faded.

Other than that, I haven't had to buy a suit in the 21st century. ....

Don't you still need to buy some sort of brief to wear under the drag suit? I definitely agree about them lasting long, I buy drag suits from Keifer (they have a mesh drag suit for about $15), and they usually go missing before any signs of wear. I think I've had the one I'm now using for 2-3 years.

But for modesty reasons, I always wear a brief under any drag suit..... Plus if we're doing a fast set, I'll sometimes take off the drag suit for part of it, and see the difference it makes in my times.

carol58
January 5th, 2008, 09:04 AM
check out http://www.h2owear.com/ for chlorine resistant well made suits for women in many styles. I have several and am still able to use one I bought 4 years ago and I swim a lot.

Dennis Tesch
January 5th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Of course I have to reply on this one since I do team sales for this swim suit dealer. I buy all my stuff from Poco Loco Swim Shop. We sale suits to people all over the world and I will work with anyone on trying to find what they want and at a great price. I will take individual orders, but I specialize in working great team deals with Speedo, TYR, Nike, Arena, Dolfin, Finis, you name it. Send me a private message if you want to learn more.

Remember "Poco Loco Swim Shop" :woot:

jgale
January 14th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I have had good luck with Swim2000.com. I usually wait until they send around one of their 25 to 30% coupon codes and buy a couple of suits and goggles.

swimfree
January 14th, 2008, 05:32 PM
If anybody is interested swimoutlet.com has a clearence on some FS-Pro swimsuits. Prices ar about $70-80 off on high-neck body suits.

Heidi
January 15th, 2008, 11:03 AM
great thread, thanks for all the links. The liner in my suit is fine, but the outside layer has separated from it and it is horrendous. Booo Dolphin

samson
January 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
The Race Club just started carrying swim suits that fit well, look good, and will arrive in your mailbox within a few days:

http://www.theraceclub.net/Swim_Suits

slknight
November 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I just wanted to bump this old thread back up because EQ Swimwear is having their grab-bag sale again: buy 2 get 1 free. :banana:

tjrpatt
November 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I usually do Toad Hollow Athletics for my googles, equipment and bargain suits(I don't have to buy workout suits that much since I buy the polyester ones). I recently tried swimoutlet.com. Since Toad Hollow Athletics in the Philly area, you can order stuff from their website and get it the next day sometimes. Of course, you have to live in the Delaware Valley for the quick delivery service and the item has to be in their stock. Toad Hollow usually gets the newest googles before the mainstream sport retailers.

Doug Adamavich
November 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I purchased by Blue Seventy Nero Comp from Triple Sports in Scottsdale. Had to try two on before getting the right size... Great group of people and lots of gear there. They are more oriented for the tri community but they are a worthy source.

For all the other gear, I go to SkiPro in Mesa. They purchased Swimmer's Edge not long ago, which is where I used to go. Anyway, SkiPro has three shops in the Phoenix area and they can get anything that Speedo and Tyr makes. They also have other ancillary stuff (goggle straps, kick boards, etc.) that swimmers need.

Sports Authority had some good deals on Speedo Endurance suits a while ago. I purchased two of them almost three years ago and still have one that is presentable.

Hope this helps...

Lump
November 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I just call my mother up at Kastaway Swimwear (in ATL) 770.579.1908

Ask for Sue! :applaud:

srcoyote
November 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Making suits last for multiple years?! I go through at least three sets of briefs a year (only train in pool and swim open water events). So it's grab bag suits for me. I'm usually the only guy in briefs at the open water events, but I can't get comfortable in anything else.

As for goggles, after much futzing and tyring to catch up with the times, I went back to the Swedish goggles which I buy at Kastaway.

Doug Adamavich
November 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Making suits last for multiple years?! I go through at least three sets of briefs a year (only train in pool and swim open water events). So it's grab bag suits for me.

Speedo Endurance is all that, they last forever. Even in the intense AZ sun, swimming 4-6x per week year-round.

On my last Endurance suit, the elastic on the legs wore out first. The fabric was still good, even after more than a year of use!

No, Speedo did not pay me to say that! I would recommend any of their Endurance suits, they hold up very well to high duty cycles.

alphadog
November 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Doug ~ thanks for the tip. I'm on my third lycra jammer since July despite the assurance of salespeople who tell me I should get 6 months in a suit. I rinse them religiously, but I seem to be going through them very quickly.

Allen Stark
November 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Tyr makes a nylon brief that is not quite as comfortable as the polyester suits,but the are much cheaper and last almost as long(I can't be sure as I seem to lose them before they wear out.)

Glider
November 18th, 2008, 10:03 PM
And I would not recommend them. Yes, the fabric is great, but the stitching is cheap IMHO. I have five of their jammers in my bag and four of them completely split in the rear seam, and one in the front. They never last me more than two months.:frustrated:

And it's made for a couple of embarrassing swims:mooning:

Maybe it's because I swim in a Y...or maybe because I'm a breaststroker...I dunno:confused:

Speedo Endurance is all that, they last forever. Even in the intense AZ sun, swimming 4-6x per week year-round.

On my last Endurance suit, the elastic on the legs wore out first. The fabric was still good, even after more than a year of use!

No, Speedo did not pay me to say that! I would recommend any of their Endurance suits, they hold up very well to high duty cycles.

anita
November 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM

Excellent! Just found one on sale for $30. I ordered it before reading your recommendation so I guess I lucked out.

And yes, I'll watch that stitching!

cyclist
November 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM

+1 my suit is over two years old, swimming 4-6 times a week as well and it's still in decent shape.

2fish&1whale
November 19th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I love my Endurance suits-can't imagine going back to lycra.
One thing that took some getting used to but that I now love about the suit is that it is tight-
and I mean using a shoe horn to get it on kinda tight. Helps keep the "ladies" in place while I swim!

aztimm
November 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I've tried most of the online/mail order swim shops (World Wide Aquatics, Keifer, Kastaway), but my latest find that seems to work is Swim Outlet. I've ordered from them the past few times, and have had great luck.

Of course, if Amazon sells it directly (not one of their 3rd party deals), I have ordered a few suits from them, and like everything else Amazon, great service.

My latest find is a Speedo suit that combines a drag suit with the brief under it, and it was about $17 on Amazon. It is a bit flashy, but works fine...latest suit (http://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Americana-Flipturns-Graffiti-Red/dp/B001B56R64/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1227111872&sr=1-15).

swimshark
November 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I just wanted to bump this old thread back up because EQ Swimwear is having their grab-bag sale again: buy 2 get 1 free. :banana:

I ordered mine yesterday!! Since these suits, even thought they are lycra, last so long, I just started using the ones I ordered last Oct during their 3 for 2 sale. The ones I ordered yesterday probably won't get used until next year! I love their suits so much.

aquageek
November 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
I have found the "Speedo Endurance +" embroidery on the legs of the jammers will fray before the actual suit. I think these things are indestructible.

poolraat
November 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I have found the "Speedo Endurance +" embroidery on the legs of the jammers will fray before the actual suit. I think these things are indestructible.

The first one I got I wore for 18 months. The stitching finally gave out and the material was still like when I first got it. I am now wearing the 2nd one I bought, it's been almost a year. I got a bargain on these at the local Big 5 (about $15 each) and bought 4 of them. 2 more in my drawer that haven't been worn yet. I'm guuessing I won't have to buy another swim suit until I'm 60.

david.margrave
November 20th, 2008, 01:10 AM
sports authority store locally, and swimoutlet.com when they have good deals like the $90 speedo fs2 I got.

SarahW
December 17th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Water Aerobics Shop (http://wateraerobicsshop.com/eq-swimwear) has great prices for EQ swimwear. They even have a maternity suit.

nico
March 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
The Race Club just started carrying swim suits that fit well, look good, and will arrive in your mailbox within a few days:

http://www.theraceclub.net/store/swim-suits (http://www.theraceclub.net/Swim_Suits)

Personnaly, I also like the Splish suits ... but we just got our new models in and you should check them out ... they look great and are super fast!