PDA

View Full Version : After a long absence ...

TacJag
October 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Not that anyone probably noticed ... I'm more of a lurker than anything ... but I've been away from swimming and this forum for quite a while. More than a year, in fact. Had some shoulder issues and it's taken a LONG time to get them resolved.

I plan on getting back into a 3-a-week swim workout routine this week.

Which means, of course, basically starting over!! Slow and easy ... and my PT says to stay away from doing any fly for a LONG time!!

Cheers!!

Ken

newmastersswimmer
October 15th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Not that anyone probably noticed ... I'm more of a lurker than anything ... but I've been away from swimming and this forum for quite a while. More than a year, in fact. Had some shoulder issues and it's taken a LONG time to get them resolved.

I plan on getting back into a 3-a-week swim workout routine this week.

Which means, of course, basically starting over!! Slow and easy ... and my PT says to stay away from doing any fly for a LONG time!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Well its great to have you back Ken! Sorry you had to endure all the injury problems....but at least you are able to get back into it now! I wish you all the best as you ease back into it again! Oh yaeh, as you can see from my posting count that I am also pretty much a lurker here for the most part as well! LOL!

cathlaur
October 15th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Welcome back

I hope that your recovery is going well for you. Are you glad to be back in the pool?

Katie

TacJag
October 16th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting back. I always felt so much better AFTER a good swim. Also, I REALLY need to drop about 35-40 pounds and swimming was helping.

Originally, I was hoping to compete again perhaps in the Nationals last May in Federal Way (near our home). That certainly did not happen. I guess you'd class me as strictly a "fitness" swimmer at this point, but who knows?

Thanks for your comments!!

Ken

swimshark
October 16th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Welcome back. I hope the recovery continues to go well in the pool. You can train to go to LC Nats in Portland, Aug 08.

Alison

tjburk
October 16th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome back.....just take it slow and easy!!!!

TacJag
October 16th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Welcome back. I hope the recovery continues to go well in the pool. You can train to go to LC Nats in Portland, Aug 08.

Alison

Hmmmm ... not a bad idea!! Thanks!!

And, again, thanks to all!!

Cheers!!

Ken