PDA

View Full Version : New Here... Just Introducing Myself

Josh Miller
October 18th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Well I just got back into swimming about 4 weeks ago. I found out about Masters through the YMCA I started swimming at. I have just been browsing through the forum looking for different practice ideas so far.

I swam competetively for about 11 years (6-17). I quit my junior year in high school due to lack of interest which I think was caused by partying and girls.:lmao:(I wish I would of swam my senior year just to see how I would of done) I am 25 now and have finished college and got a job. I was in a 4 year relationship that went sour and left me a mess just recently.

I decided I would start working out to get my mind off things and maybe meet some new people. So here I am swimming again. I didnt realize how out of shape I was. I also smoked cigarettes for about 7 years which is probably my biggest regret. I have improved a good bit over the last couple weeks and really enjoy doing it again.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi :wave:to everyone. I plan on competing in the near future to see if I can match or do better than my times when I quit swimming.

BTW Is there anyone on here from Hanover/York, PA area?

Blackbeard's Peg
October 18th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Josh - welcome back to swimming and welcome to the forums. sounds like we'll be in the same age group!

I'm not from your area, but I know a bunch of people who moved from the Baltimore area to there; and my gf (also on the forums) is from up 83 just south of harrisburg. if you swam ymca as a kid too, you two may know each other (or some of the same people)

tjburk
October 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Josh, welcome back....glad to see more people all the time!!!

cathlaur
October 18th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Josh welcome back. I started back 6 weeks ago. I totally understand at how hard this all is.BUT the good thing is we are doing it.

I am really enjoying the swimming. Are you?

Katie

Josh Miller
October 18th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Josh - welcome back to swimming and welcome to the forums. sounds like we'll be in the same age group!

I'm not from your area, but I know a bunch of people who moved from the Baltimore area to there; and my gf (also on the forums) is from up 83 just south of harrisburg. if you swam ymca as a kid too, you two may know each other (or some of the same people)

What high school did she go to? I swam around south central pa most of the time. Did USS swimming a little bit and swam at districts and states in high school.

I dont remember a whole lot of names. Josh Weaver is one name that sticks in my head. He was amazing at 100 back. Swam for dallastown. I want to say he was going 49's at his best. I could be wrong. It was amazing watching him in high school.

Edit: I googled him and found times as low as 50.09.

swimmieAvsFan
October 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
What high school did she go to? I swam around south central pa most of the time. Did USS swimming a little bit and swam at districts and states in high school.

I dont remember a whole lot of names. Josh Weaver is one name that sticks in my head. He was amazing at 100 back. Swam for dallastown. I want to say he was going 49's at his best. I could be wrong. It was amazing watching him in high school.

Edit: I googled him and found times as low as 50.09.

hi josh! :wave: i'm the gf peg mentioned. i went to red land high school, and swam for the west shore Y. i made states for high school all 4 years, and typically hung out with the dallastown gang at states since their coach was friends with my coach... where did you go to high school? did you swim for hanover Y as a kid?

Josh Miller
October 19th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I went to spring grove high school (the stinky paper town). I swam for South Westerns swim team before I had to swim for spring grove in high school. I only went to states for our 4 x 100 relay once. Dallastown was always the powerhouse team around here.

I remember swimming against west shore when I was a kid.

swimmieAvsFan
October 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM
hey, then you probably know a guy i coached with a few summers ago. he went to SG too. his name is jimmy heiner. he's probably about 24 or 25 years old (i forget exactly how much younger than me he is), went to York College and lives out in missouri now. know who i mean?

newmastersswimmer
October 20th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Well I just got back into swimming about 4 weeks ago. I found out about Masters through the YMCA I started swimming at. I have just been browsing through the forum looking for different practice ideas so far.

I swam competetively for about 11 years (6-17). I quit my junior year in high school due to lack of interest which I think was caused by partying and girls.:lmao:(I wish I would of swam my senior year just to see how I would of done) I am 25 now and have finished college and got a job. I was in a 4 year relationship that went sour and left me a mess just recently.

I decided I would start working out to get my mind off things and maybe meet some new people. So here I am swimming again. I didnt realize how out of shape I was. I also smoked cigarettes for about 7 years which is probably my biggest regret. I have improved a good bit over the last couple weeks and really enjoy doing it again.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi :wave:to everyone. I plan on competing in the near future to see if I can match or do better than my times when I quit swimming.

BTW Is there anyone on here from Hanover/York, PA area?

Hello Josh! Great to have you here on USMS! I wish you the best of luck with your Master's swimming. As far as women goes....there are plenty of fish in the sea....Maybe you can meet a nice swimmer lady now...maybe even someone from this forum? (or from a local Masters team?)

Josh Miller
October 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
hey, then you probably know a guy i coached with a few summers ago. he went to SG too. his name is jimmy heiner. he's probably about 24 or 25 years old (i forget exactly how much younger than me he is), went to York College and lives out in missouri now. know who i mean?

I actually graduated with him and swam with him through high school. I didnt really keep in touch with him after high school. I didnt realize he swam after high school. What caused him to move to missouri? You still keep in touch with him?

Josh Miller
October 22nd, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hello Josh! Great to have you here on USMS! I wish you the best of luck with your Master's swimming. As far as women goes....there are plenty of fish in the sea....Maybe you can meet a nice swimmer lady now...maybe even someone from this forum? (or from a local Masters team?)

Thanks for the welcome!