PDA

View Full Version : Technical suit decision

swimshark
October 21st, 2007, 07:15 AM
I'm looking for a new technical suit. What I wear now is the Tyr Aquapel I bought in 2004. It's getting old so I get what ever I want for Christmas. I am a breast stroker so I want a tank only. I tried on a ton the other day and the one that fit the best was the Speedo Aquablade (they didn't have the Aquapel since it's being discontinued). The fastskin fit but was a bit too constrictive. The Aquapel is technology from around 2003 or so. Aquablade is from pre-1996 Olympics. One advantage to the Aquapel is that I would get the zip back or clip back and I have a small gap in all suits at the top area of the back so the zip or clip helps that.

My question is - which one do I go with? The one that is older technology but I can get in person in the store or slightly newer technology but still "older" over all that is hard to find and has to be ordered. Thanks.

Alison

Donna
October 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
Alison,

I love the Tyr Aquapel suits too and they are still available at the www.keifer.com. I personnally like the aerobacks.

Good luck.

swimshark
October 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks Donna. I think I will go with the Aquapel but to make it "new" I'll go with a different color. It does fit me well and I like it. I wish some of the newer technology fit me but they don't :sad:

Alison

Blackbeard's Peg
October 22nd, 2007, 12:53 PM
get a pink fastskin2

swimshark
October 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
get a pink fastskin2

The store I went to last week had a cool purple one with pink trim. I loved it! But, alas, the fastskins don't fit me too well. I'm too tall in the torso.

Alison

Blackbeard's Peg
October 23rd, 2007, 07:03 AM
just get the fs2 legs... works great for me ;):banana:

swimshark
October 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
just get the fs2 legs... works great for me ;):banana:

You mean someone will loan me fast legs? Oh, you mean the suit.... I don't want anything on my legs since I do breast in this suit.

Alison

stussy96
October 23rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
For breast, I love my FS recordbreaker back. I'll replace is with a FSII once this one is done. I can also wear the jammers with breast, but not the legs. The shorts don't bother me which makes it a great suit for IMs.

For non-breast events, jammers or legs all the way.

swimshark
October 24th, 2007, 07:53 AM
For breast, I love my FS recordbreaker back. I'll replace is with a FSII once this one is done. I can also wear the jammers with breast, but not the legs. The shorts don't bother me which makes it a great suit for IMs.

For non-breast events, jammers or legs all the way.

Thanks Stacy.

Alison

geochuck
October 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
This is the Kiefer web site http://www.kiefer.com/Kiefer/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1

Donna spelled it wrong.