PDA

View Full Version : RedSoxNation

pwolf66
October 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
So Red Sox fans (i.e Fort), were YOU getting a little concerned after 6 innings last night???

Paul

WPSWIMS
October 22nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
Hey the Rockies are going to win anyway! The altitude will get to the Sox.
It is Roctober in Denver!

The Fortress
October 22nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Rockies are cold now. Red Sox fans are trained for resilience. And Beckett is starting game 1.

shark
October 23rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Ah, yet another disappointment for an Indians fan. My 10 year old son is just crushed. No time like the present to be introduced to 59 years of agony. At least he got to meet Bob Feller at Spring Training this past year. He's not to crushed though, two years ago we went to a White Sox/Red Sox game at Cominsky (or whatever it is called now, the stadium on the south side of Chicago) and he caught the ball that struck out Big Papi after the ws catcher tossed it over the dugout. Go Sox. I dislike the National League. Darned Indians.

Leonard Jansen
October 23rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
If the Red Sox were playing against a team composed of serial killers, I'd root for the serial killers. I'd even root for them if they were Republican serial killers.

Red Sox must fall.

-LBJ

swimr4life
October 23rd, 2007, 10:56 AM
GO RED SOX!!!!! :thhbbb:

The Fortress
October 23rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
If the Red Sox were playing against a team composed of serial killers, I'd root for the serial killers. I'd even root for them if they were Republican serial killers.

Red Sox must fall.

-LBJ

That's pretty desperate LBJ. Republican serial killers?!?! I guess you're a Yankees fan then?

poolraat
October 23rd, 2007, 11:22 AM

Red Sox must fall.

-LBJ

Ditto :thhbbb:

ALM
October 23rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
---

pwolf66
October 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM

Red Sox must fall.

-LBJ

Red Sox=Yanquis? When did THAT happen???

Paul

aquageek
October 23rd, 2007, 03:51 PM

Red Sox must fall.

-LBJ

You're my boy, Blue. I'd root for the Iraqi insurgency over the Sox, and Duke.

aquaFeisty
October 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
wow, I really thought it was only the Yankees that inspired such utter hatred! or, LBJ, are you a Yankees fan?

The Fortress
October 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
wow, I really thought it was only the Yankees that inspired such utter hatred!

Me too. Who can hate the Red Sox after 1986?! I had to suffer through that game with a bunch of Mets fans ...

I'm just very sad that Tim Wakefield is suffering from sore shoulder issues ... We should all have bionic shoulders.

Peter Cruise
October 24th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Anna Lea: we know the minor league team you root for, but who is your team in the majors.

If the Red Sox are playing the Yankees in a game I root for the umpires.

Go Rockies!

shark
October 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM
I'm just very sad that Tim Wakefield is suffering from sore shoulder issues ...

How can anyone in this day and age of enhanced baseball, not root for a good ol' fashioned Knuckleballer? I might not watch now. I love to show my kids the way fastball hitters have such a problem with the slow non-rotation of a sub 70mph dropping knuckleball. It reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon when the Yankees strike out the game with a "1-2-3 you're out!, 1-2-3 you're out!, 1-2-3 you're out!"

Leonard Jansen
October 24th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Yes, I am a proud Yankees fan since 1958.

HATE THE RED SOX! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

(Although I DO appreciate Wakefield - I've always been a fan of knuckleball pitchers.)

-LBJ

poolraat
October 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM

I was beginning to think you were an okay guy and now this:

Yes, I am a proud Yankees fan since 1958. -LBJ

I despise the Yankees even more than the Red Sox.

GO ROCKIES!!!

The Fortress
October 24th, 2007, 10:49 PM
GO ROCKIES!!!

Let's just say the Red Sox are having their way with the Rockies tonight. :thhbbb:

Now, one can never count one's chickens before they're hatched. But I can always fall back on "Go Twins" next year. (Although I have been known to cheer for the Cubs as well.)

FindingMyInnerFish
October 24th, 2007, 11:12 PM
1. The Rockies took down the Phillies, to this Philly girl's disappointment;
2. I was born in Boston, so without the hometown team to root for, I am going for the team from the city of my birth! Besides, the Sox were underdogs for so long, they can't possibly be appropriately compared to Republicans. :bouncing:
3. They have a former Phillie, Kurt Schilling pitching for them.

GOOOOOO SOX!!!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

poolraat
October 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Let's just say the Red Sox are having their way with the Rockies tonight. :thhbbb:

Now, one can never count one's chickens before they're hatched. But I can always fall back on "Go Twins" next year. (Although I have been known to cheer for the Cubs as well.)

Regarding tonight's game I left a response for you on FB. But we can :duel:some more.

I think I've given up on the Cubs. Too many lost causes....let's see Cubs, Packers, Jazz,...need I continue.

The Fortress
October 24th, 2007, 11:30 PM
2. I was born in Boston, so without the hometown team to root for, I am going for the team from the city of my birth! Besides, the Sox were underdogs for so long, they can't possibly be appropriately compared to Republicans. :bouncing:
3. They have a former Phillie, Kurt Schilling pitching for them.

GOOOOOO SOX!!!!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Dearie, it's Curt, not Kurt. He's very old, of course, ;) but needs to carry on his post season dominance for his possible hall of fame bid. I just hope he doesn't have to pitch in that disgusting thin air in CO. I think he's up in game 2, right? Fastball, gone. But better control. Sox fans are used to being underdogs. So we keep dreaming.

Floyd: It appears you need to immediately switch your allegiances to all Boston teams at the moment. :thhbbb: And do not speak to me of the Packers, you cheesehead.

poolraat
October 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM
And do not speak to me of the Packers, you cheesehead.

Oh yes and the ViQueens are doing so good, aren't they.:thhbbb::thhbbb:

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Oh yes and the ViQueens are doing so good, aren't they.:thhbbb::thhbbb:

I try never to waste my time on football anymore. :thhbbb: (Not that I have any time on weekends anyway.) But since all colleges automatically cut swimming and other worthy endurance sports (crew, cross country, etc.) nowadays, I am officially on strike as to football in all its guises. I have my fond memories of Fran Tarkenton. That will hold me. I am not in withdrawl whatsoever. I'm sure Geek will come along and remind me what great athletes those 40 yard 300 pound football sprinters are, but I could care less right now.

FindingMyInnerFish
October 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Dearie, it's Curt, not Kurt. He's very old, of course, ;) but needs to carry on his post season dominance for his possible hall of fame bid. I just hope he doesn't have to pitch in that disgusting thin air in CO. I think he's up in game 2, right? Fastball, gone. But better control. Sox fans are used to being underdogs. So we keep dreaming.

Floyd: It appears you need to immediately switch your allegiances to all Boston teams at the moment. :thhbbb: And do not speak to me of the Packers, you cheesehead.

Oh yes, I stand corrected. Actually, I sit corrected, since I have a kitty on my lap who doesn't want me to get up. ;) After I posted, I was thinking "Kurt" doesn't look right ... I'll plead up too late and mind blurring. :o Been a while too since he was in our town.... memory and letters get jumbled after a while. But I hope he uses his better control to help the Sox!

newmastersswimmer
October 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Anna Lea: we know the minor league team you root for, but who is your team in the majors.

If the Red Sox are playing the Yankees in a game I root for the umpires.

Go Rockies!

Now that was funny LOL! :rofl::lmao: ....I pretty much feel the same way when any two AL teams play eachother in fact!

newmastersswimmer
October 26th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes, I am a proud Yankees fan since 1958.

HATE THE RED SOX! HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

(Although I DO appreciate Wakefield - I've always been a fan of knuckleball pitchers.)

-LBJ

So does that mean you were a Phil Niekro fan too then? I mean he was an Astro afterall .....so how could you not like him right?!

craiglll@yahoo.com
October 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
For those of us who live in Illinois there can only be one team, especially if you live north of I-74. Some day before I die I will saee a penant flag flying in the only great ballpark. Wrigley Field. I sat in the first row behind the dugout & I've sat n the last row with my back facing the beautiful downtwon. We will do it! We will do it!

ALM
October 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM

We have a new secret weapon:

"Trey Hillman leaves the Ham Fighters for the Royals … wait, what’s a Ham Fighter?"

http://www.kansascity.com/238/story/332746.html

Anna Lea

Peter Cruise
October 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Anna Lea: I am sure the Royals will be roasting the opposition next year...