PDA

View Full Version : Worlds - Here I go again

swoomer
October 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Am I the only one with this problem? I'm going to Perth - mostly for the swimming, but also to see a different part of the world. I'm older than a boomer, and capable enough to be of some help on a relay, and maybe even score in a couple of individual events. I am the only one on my team committed go to Worlds, but my team has a large group going to Austin and is counting on me to score. I want to do both!! And I can do both but I can't swim relays at Worlds and Nats. The way I understand it, I can't swim for two "teams" without a 60 day "unattached" period. I experienced a similar problem at Stanford. Trust me, without the relay factor, meets just aren't as much fun.

In a perfect world, I could swim for my LMSC combined team at Worlds and my local team at Nats.

Do I have a correct understanding of the rules?

Do others have the same problem?

Was there any discussion of this problem at the USMS Convention?

I just think it's a shame to fly half way around the world for a half-way experience. I'd appreciate input or suggestions.

ALM
October 22nd, 2007, 11:02 PM
1) Is your local club a USMS-registered club? If you're not sure, give me the club name and I'll look it up.

2) What are the dates for Perth?

Anna Lea

swoomer
October 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Worlds are April 15-25 2008. My team is a USMS team. Any insights?

ALM
October 23rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
In that case, you have correctly interpreted the rules. You can't transfer from one club to another, in the middle of a registration year, without "sitting out" (competing as Unattached) for 60 days.

Anna Lea

h2o 2008
October 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Swoomer,

I don't have a team right now but would like to put together a relay at Worlds. I am a 52 yr old male breastroker and freestyler in California. If you know others or are interested yourself in particpating in a relay, please let me know. I know you have your eligibility problem. I am also looking for some swimmer traveling companions, for after the meet to see the rest of Australia.