PDA

View Full Version : Official GMU Sprint Masters gridge thread

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
So any grudge races? I know I have been threatened with a couple but nothing solid has materialized. So let's get it out there and get it on. :thhbbb:

I call out Fort for the 100 Free. If I'm gonna get beat, at least it's gonna be by a gurllllllllllllllllll :banana:

Paul

Grudge, grudge, grudge, grudge - sorry had to make sure I could actually SPEEL

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 10:30 AM
So any grudge races? I know I have been threatened with a couple but nothing solid has materialized. So let's get it out there and get it on. :thhbbb:

I call out Fort for the 100 Free. If I'm gonna get beat, at least it's gonna be by a gurllllllllllllllllll :banana:

Paul

Dude, I'm not swimming the 100 free! I tried it for the first time last year. It's OK. I might do it again sometime.

I have my standing 50 back grudge match with Julie and Mollie, although they'll probably kill me in the 100 as usual.

SwimStud
October 25th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Paul

I'm calling lanky Paul out. We're seeded at the same time on 50 FR and 100FR. Oh yeah I'm gonna look him in the eye and call him lanky to his face. I'll just climb on the blocks first. ;)

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Dude, I'm not swimming the 100 free! I tried it for the first time last year. It's OK. I might do it again sometime.

I have my standing 50 back grudge match with Julie and Mollie, although they'll probably kill me in the 100 as usual.

I'm not in Back as my turn is still a train wreck.......um, a work in progress, yeah, that's it.

Guess I could go IM, but then I would really get destroyed. Ah what the heck. IM it is!!!!!

So how many seconds am I getting, Fort?

Paul

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 10:37 AM
I'm calling lanky Paul out. We're seeded at the same time on 50 FR and 100FR. Oh yeah I'm gonna look him in the eye and call him lanky to his face. I'll just climb on the blocks first. ;)

So what? I have to look for the guy standing on a milk crate at the start now????

Paul

SwimStud
October 25th, 2007, 10:42 AM
So what? I have to look for the guy standing on a milk crate at the start now????

Paul

I'll be racing in the "lollipop guild" swim cap.

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 10:52 AM

:thhbbb:

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Maybe I can borrow the "Just Say No To Geek" cap?

SwimStud
October 25th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe I can borrow the "Just Say No To Geek" cap?

hehehe I'm looking forward to the one that I'll have with "Hurry up Geek!" on the back...

aquageek
October 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
hehehe I'm looking forward to the one that I'll have with "Hurry up Geek!" on the back...

Yeah, hurry up and come back to the main tank, Stud is almost done with his 200 that I finished 2 minutes ago.

Good luck to you all this weekend, I can only imagine the scintillating conversations around the latest minivan features and all the whining about unsupportive spouses.

ensignada
October 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM
The best part is whining about unsupportive spouses in minivans...we know how to have a good time!

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 02:06 PM
The best part is whining about unsupportive spouses in minivans...we know how to have a good time!

My unsupportive spouse will be there videotaping for part of the meet with my 7 year old soon-to-be uber triathlete. Since I won't be posting videos, you can all assure Geek that he's a goner in the 50 fly. Did we mention there's no 500 free at a "sprint" meet? He'll have to keep going postal.

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Guess I could go IM, but then I would really get destroyed. Ah what the heck. IM it is!!!!!

So how many seconds am I getting, Fort?

Paul

I haven't even seen you in action yet! Besides, I'm likely going to get DQ'd when I debut my roll over turn ... so no worries.

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't even seen you in action yet! Besides, I'm likely going to get DQ'd when I debut my roll over turn ... so no worries.
That's what makes it soo exciting

What's the matter, Col Sanders? Chicken?

At least gimme 5 seconds. I know that I _might_ be able to go 1:15 so that means all you have to do is go a measley 1:10 and I get smoked :wine:

As for roll over turn, how can you get DQed there? The only 2 things you need to remember are:
1) Hit the wall with your hand while still on your back
2) make sure you are on your front _before_ your feet leave the wall.

Whatever ugliness happens in between, just doesn't matter :drown:

Paul

SwimStud
October 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
What's a gridge?

swimshark
October 25th, 2007, 02:27 PM

:rofl:

Alison

pwolf66
October 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM
What's a gridge?

It's what happens when you have gorilla fingers that hit the next key over
and you can't correct the thread title. :thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb:

Paul

aquageek
October 25th, 2007, 04:03 PM
All this talk of a gridge match makes me think it sure would be fun to have a Colonies v Dixie Zone meet. As I'm loosely affiliated with our LMSC president, this is an idea I shall carry forward. Since apparently all the Colonies Zone swimmers can do is eat at cheap restaurants and swim 25s and 50s, there wouldn't be much gridging but it could be fun anyway.

aquaFeisty
October 25th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Used to be, at least as recently as the late 90's, that when scy nats were NOT on the East coast there would be an April 'Showdown' Dixie vs. Colonies Zone meet (for example, in 97 it was in Ft. Lauderdale). Not sure when they stopped doing this? Or maybe the 97 meet was the only one they ever did and I am off my rocker???

Good luck to all at the Sprint Meet this weekend! Next meet for me isn't till Dec...

The Fortress
October 25th, 2007, 05:43 PM
All this talk of a gridge match makes me think it sure would be fun to have a Colonies v Dixie Zone meet. As I'm loosely affiliated with our LMSC president, this is an idea I shall carry forward. Since apparently all the Colonies Zone swimmers can do is eat at cheap restaurants and swim 25s and 50s, there wouldn't be much gridging but it could be fun anyway.

Very cool idea, actually. In general, we wouldn't be grinches and deprive you of gridges. I would, but we have others that could accomodate your need for distance gridges. I could stick to whining and wheezing and sprinting. Or gaze in awe at (S)he-Man's hot pink fastskini that she would be forced to unveil.

ensignada
October 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM
I think it sounds like fun. Just more of a chance to meet people for those of us who don't go to nats.

Blackbeard's Peg
October 25th, 2007, 11:03 PM

So are you looking for a challenger in the 500? you're on!!

swimshark
October 26th, 2007, 07:43 AM
So are you looking for a challenger in the 500? you're on!!

I'll be the female side of the challenge race!

Alison

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I'll be the female side of the challenge race!

Alison

I'll be ROFLCAKING when you whoop them Alison!!

Swimmy
October 26th, 2007, 08:13 AM
See you there!
I will bring the pom poms!
Swimmy :)
:cheerleader:

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 08:17 AM
See you there!
I will bring the pom poms!
Swimmy :)
:cheerleader:

I thought there was gonig to be bagels?

aquageek
October 26th, 2007, 08:34 AM

Do you ever take care of your own business or always use proxies? In the sporting world, we call people like this cheerleaders, or marching band members.

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Do you ever take care of your own business or always use proxies? In the sporting world, we call people like this cheerleaders, or marching band members.

In the sporting world they call you...wait...they don't call you anything that I can print here...

How many years you been swimming to my 10 months?...I think you hear me knocking and I'm coming in and I'm bringing a Costco-size can of ass whooping and a slice of humble pie for you...

*with a nod to Dennis Leary*

The Fortress
October 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Yep, those of us who don't go to Nats should all be flogged and branded. Bunch of wusses. :rolleyes:

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yep, those of us who don't go to Nats should all be flogged and branded. Bunch of wusses. :rolleyes:

Fortie, all I know is when animals fear, they start snapping...it's no different for Redneck Hillbillies.

If anyone need me I'll be down in steerage dreaming of walking on the top deck...

aquageek
October 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM
How many years you been swimming to my 10 months?...I think you hear me knocking and I'm coming in and I'm bringing a Costco-size can of ass whooping and a slice of humble pie for you...

Dang it - had me laughing out loud on that, touche.

I started swimming at 5 and peaked at 6.

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Dang it - had me laughing out loud on that, touche.

I started swimming at 5 and peaked at 6.

If I had not stopped at 11...who knows...maybe it would have been me DFL at the Olympics...
:lmao:

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM
If I had not stopped at 11...who knows...maybe it would have been me DFL at the Olympics...

That's OK, you'll still be seeing nothing but my feet come Sunday :mooning:

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 09:27 AM
That's OK, you'll still be seeing nothing but my feet come Sunday :mooning:

Paul

Don't flatter yourself, I scope out the chicks underwater :bump:

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 09:27 AM

I've been to several Nats games....oh wait........ :rolleyes:

Paul

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Don't flatter yourself, I scope out the chicks underwater :bump:

Not sure how to take this one as I beleive the wimmin are swimming apart from us men-folk

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Not sure how to take this one as I beleive the wimmin are swimming apart from us men-folk

Paul

Then I guess without distractions I'll swim faster and whoop your ass!!

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Then I guess without distractions I'll swim faster and whoop your ass!!

Uh, huh. Yep, whip the guy's ass who's been swimming for what???? 6 weeks? :applaud:

Then again, I.....don't.....think......so :mooning:

I promise to come back and rescue you when you end up choking on my wake :drown:

Paul

Blackbeard's Peg
October 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM

That is often not the case. For a lot of meets, in the interest of saving time, men and women are seeded together. It provides for some interesting matchups, as the gals all want to prove they can keep up with the guys, and the guys don't want to get beat by girls.
If it weren't for men and women seeded together, I might not have ever met my current flame. She can tell you the story at lunch.
But yes, for this meet, the genders are separate. I'll have to try to beat my non-cripple/plump/out-of-shape GF in a virtual race. :kiss1:

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hey, I'm resigned to getting beat by 3/4 of the men and at least 1/2 the women. As long as I smoke SS, it's all good :woot:

Paul

aquageek
October 26th, 2007, 10:11 AM
As long as I smoke SS, it's all good

I suggest you set your sights a lot higher.

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I suggest you set your sights a lot higher.

HEY, I have standards. Sure they're low and tend to fluctuate, mainly down, but at least they're standards.

Who else am I gonna have a chance to beat? Fortress? Riiiiight.

Paul

The Fortress
October 26th, 2007, 10:43 AM
HEY, I have standards. Sure they're low and tend to fluctuate, mainly down, but at least they're standards.

Who else am I gonna have a chance to beat? Fortress? Riiiiight.

Paul

I'm sure there will be some tall swimmer that will be there to whomp me. :lmao:

The Fortress
October 26th, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'll have to try to beat my non-cripple/plump/out-of-shape GF in a virtual race. :kiss1:

Er, Peg, are you calling the GF plump? Could get your lights punched out with those remarks. :rolleyes:

poolraat
October 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Hey! Take it easy on us band geeks.

swimshark
October 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM

Okay, I owe you a beer for that comment. Me beat Muppet??? :rofl:

Alison

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 03:22 PM
OK, I _think_ I'm in good shape for this weekend. Just did about 1500m at lunch and at the end I hit about 29 on 50 free AFAP from a push off, so not sure what that means exactly but at least I do not expect to be in the bottom half of the results :wiggle:

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
OK, I _think_ I'm in good shape for this weekend. Just did about 1500m at lunch and at the end I hit about 29 on 50 free AFAP from a push off, so not sure what that means exactly but at least I do not expect to be in the bottom half of the results :wiggle:

Paul

It's going to be close...real close Paul I hope we're adjacent lanes...then beers at lunch after!

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Putting 29.00 in the handy dandy SCM to SCY converter gives 25.98. I'd be happy with that right now. :wiggle::woot::wiggle:

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Putting 29.00 in the handy dandy SCM to SCY converter gives 25.98. I'd be happy with that right now. :wiggle::woot::wiggle:

Paul

Ooooh I think you're ahead!!! ;)

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Ooooh I think you're ahead!!! ;)

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiight. I sure beleive you, I surely do.

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiight. I sure beleive you, I surely do.

Paul

u got a 29 LCM...I just hope you've knackered yourself out enough that I have a shot. I did a 30 from push on SCY...though there maybe a little more there. We're seeded tight though, so that will help drive.

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 04:04 PM
You've got more speed in you. Once you step on that block you'll be so psyched. I sure hope I'm not in an adjacent lane, then you'd be able to draft off me.

One thing I did notice is that I have to make sure to split the lane. I do tend to fight quite a current if I come back on the same side of the lane.

And my Back to Breast turn will be interesting in the IM. It's 100% legal but it might cause the S&T to take a 2nd look.

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 04:06 PM
One thing I did notice is that I have to make sure to split the lane. I do tend to fight quite a current if I come back on the same side of the lane.

And my Back to Breast turn will be interesting in the IM. It's 100% legal but it might cause the S&T to take a 2nd look.

Paul
I'll have to give them a heads up lol

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
I'll have to give them a heads up lol

You do that and you're gonna find yourself in a World 'O Hurt(tm), buddy boy

Paul

The Fortress
October 26th, 2007, 04:13 PM
You do that and you're gonna find yourself in a World 'O Hurt(tm), buddy boy

Paul

Getting right on board with the smack talk there!

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Getting right on board with the smack talk there!

I have excellent role models :drink:

Paul

pwolf66
October 26th, 2007, 04:19 PM
u got a 29 LCM

SCM, Padawan, SCM, please to focus on the letters

Paul

SwimStud
October 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM
SCM, Padawan, SCM, please to focus on the letters

Paul

LOL Paul!

Blackbeard's Peg
October 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Er, Peg, are you calling the GF plump? Could get your lights punched out with those remarks. :rolleyes:

not at all. should be read:
she is Non-cripple, non-plump, and non-out-of-shape
in other words, she's a model physical specimen and i am not

Mr. Aquageek - I didn't get a reponse on that 500 challenge...

Blackbeard's Peg
October 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Mr. Aquageek - I didn't get a reponse on that 500 challenge...

I may be down at a college club meet at Elon in a couple of weeks if you want to scout out the competition...

pwolf66
October 27th, 2007, 12:00 PM
LAST CALL!!!!!

LAST CALL!!!!!

Get your grudges out and in the open.

Paul