PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the SC SCM Chapionships November 3rd and 4th

Glider
October 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
So I remember from the around the PTC meet that a few people were going to this meet (Donna and Kristina, iirc.)

I also heard Berry Hamilton and John Zeigler were considering it. Anyone else going?

Psych sheets are due up Monday:bouncing:

Donna
October 25th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Steve Myers will be coming with me.

Glider
October 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Steve Myers will be coming with me.

Awesome...we'll see the two of you Saturday:wave:

Donna
October 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe some GAJA relay's might be in order!

Glider
October 30th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Psych sheets are up. http://www.sportstiming.com/CMPsychSheet.htm.

We've got some heavy hitters coming to this meet:wiggle:

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY:bolt:

See everyone Saturday!

Donna
October 30th, 2007, 08:01 AM
How do they do the ages for SCM? I am 45 not 44 and Steve Myers is 43 not 42?

Glider
October 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM
How do they do the ages for SCM? I am 45 not 44 and Steve Myers is 43 not 42?

There is a feature of Hytek Meet Manager that specifies a certain date to "age up" swimmers, and it may be incorrectly set to some FUTURE date, say the date of the meet or or even 12/31/2007.

They probably just need to simply change that date from the day of the meet (11/3) to today's date so the Psyche sheet would be accurate.

So, this will either sort itself out on its own or they will have to manually adjust the age-up date - QED.

Mark

Donna
October 30th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Mark, when are you going to join the big GAJA team?

Glider
October 30th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Mark, when are you going to join the big GAJA team?

Someone would first have to splain what GAJA is, Lucy:laugh2: My understanding is that you have to be on one of the GAJA sub-teams, which means you are then automatically on GAJA when swimming out of state???

I swim solo at the Y for the sake of convenience. It's less than a mile from work and 3 to 4 from home. It opens at 5 AM so I can get in a good long practice in the morning, and/or a short practice/ weights at lunch or after work.

SearayPaul
October 30th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I just saw this thread. Is it too late to enter?

Glider
October 30th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I just saw this thread. Is it too late to enter?

Dunno. It says entries due 10/22, but doesn't indicate if there are deck entries.

See the meet entry: http://www.dixiezone.org/Meets/0711scarolina.pdf. There's an email address to send questions.

Donna
October 30th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Last year they allowed deck entries, but then it was a much smaller meet. You might want to check with the host of the meet. Usually they will work you in if there is an open lane but they won't add another heat.

SearayPaul
October 31st, 2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the link.

SearayPaul
November 2nd, 2007, 12:36 AM
I will not be able to attend this meet. If anyone knows John McCart from NCMS tell him Paul Cleary from YSSC said hello. John got me doing this again and was a lot of fun to swim with during his time at YSSC.

Another day I hope to meet some of ya'll. Good luck to everyone.

Glider
November 4th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, replying on my own post...sad:sad:

What a great meet. Two WORLD records set...Way to go Chris W. in the 200 BR and Hugh W in the 100 BA.:applaud:

Donna...Awesome meet Sub 22 on the 1500 plus all your other PBTs. Sorry I couldn't see your 400...had to go. No matter what you did, you already PBed the 400 taking out the 1500 - awesome.

Congrats everyone!

Psych sheets are up. http://www.sportstiming.com/CMPsychSheet.htm.

We've got some heavy hitters coming to this meet:wiggle:

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY:bolt:

See everyone Saturday!

Donna
November 4th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks Mark. It was great seeing you, will you be coming to St. Nick?

I am still on cloud nine and can't believe that was me swimming this weekend, it had to be someone else. Oh wait a minute.... my body seems to say otherwise right now.

Got to go 4 am comes early.

Donna
November 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Congratulations to Team Georgia. We (John Ziegler, Berry Hamilton, Skippy Mattson, Jack Mitchell, Chris Weissman , Steve Myers and I) took 2nd in the out of state category.

Now is there some place we keep GAJA trophies? It is currently in my dining room. I'll bring it with me to the St. Nick meet.

They also gave out some really nice High Point awards, a glass engraved mug. I love it. But they did run out so if you were not there you are out of luck.

CreamPuff
November 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Congratulations to all the fantastic swims by the Georgia swimmers! :woot:
I can now say I swim with a World Record Holder. I thought Chris was really speedy in practice! Donna, those are fantastic time drops. So sorry that I couldn't see all this in person, but thank you for posting details on the results.
Hard work is paying off!! :groovy:

It sounds like I missed an awesome meet (due to my injury.) :doh:

SearayPaul
November 5th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Congratulations ya'll had a great time. Looks like I missed a chance to see world record swims in person. Good job everyone.

Glider
November 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Final results are up. http://www.sportstiming.com/Meets/MiscResults/2007-11-03%20Columbia%20Masters%20-%20SC%20SCM%20Championships.pdf

Looks like Donna was the high-point winner in the women's 45-49 age group. Way to go!:applaud:

Congratulations ya'll had a great time. Looks like I missed a chance to see world record swims in person. Good job everyone.

Donna
November 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the link Mark. I hope I can get a copy of my splits. I really want to know just where I took time off on that 400 IM.

This week I am back at the Aquatic Center in a heated pool (around 76 degrees this am) with open areas where windows need to be installed (deck temp 35 degrees this am). HELP!!!!

Glider
November 8th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Donna,

Here's a link to their main site with a phone number and e-mail. Do you wanna call them to see if they will posts results with splits, or shall I?

http://www.sportstiming.com/

I actually asked the Sports Timing folks at the meet if they were going to posts results with splits. They said yes...grrr.

Although, I must say I'm mostly interested in the 200 Breast splits. That race was pure torture. I let Chris W take me out on his WR swim. He went 10 seconds faster than his seed time...oops, my bad.

According to my video of that race, I went about 37, 42, 44, 45. Man that was a gorilla playing a piano that jumped on my back at the 100 mark.

Mark

Thanks for the link Mark. I hope I can get a copy of my splits. I really want to know just where I took time off on that 400 IM.

This week I am back at the Aquatic Center in a heated pool (around 76 degrees this am) with open areas where windows need to be installed (deck temp 35 degrees this am). HELP!!!!

Glider
November 8th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Here's a link to the video of me swimming the 200 Breast where Chris set his WR.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=POB0UbOBH9s

Occasionally, you'll see him passing me going the other way. Mostly, he's too far out ahead:notworthy::lmao:

By the way, I went ahead and called and emailed Sports Timing with the request for splits.

Donna,

Here's a link to their main site with a phone number and e-mail. Do you wanna call them to see if they will posts results with splits, or shall I?

http://www.sportstiming.com/

I actually asked the Sports Timing folks at the meet if they were going to posts results with splits. They said yes...grrr.

Although, I must say I'm mostly interested in the 200 Breast splits. That race was pure torture. I let Chris W take me out on his WR swim. He went 10 seconds faster than his seed time...oops, my bad.

According to my video of that race, I went about 37, 42, 44, 45. Man that was a gorilla playing a piano that jumped on my back at the 100 mark.

Mark

Donna
November 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Just got back to my desk, Thanks Mark. Let me know when they get back to you. I checked back on the last meet they handled in February and they did post the splits when they submitted the times to USMS for updating the database so we can hope to see those soon.

Donna
November 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
OK, so it took me a while but I finally got my pictures downloaded to facebook. I had to delete a few due to moisture on the camera lens but here is the link for those on facebook. If you join facebook just ask to add me to your friends list and you can see them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17704&id=713304201

Have fun and see you in December for the St. Nick meet.:party2:

Glider
November 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM
The meet results are up in the USMS database...They're showing up in Individual Results and Current Top Times.:bump:

No splits, though:shakeshead::bitching:

Just got back to my desk, Thanks Mark. Let me know when they get back to you. I checked back on the last meet they handled in February and they did post the splits when they submitted the times to USMS for updating the database so we can hope to see those soon.

Donna
November 26th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Mark,

I feel the same way. I really wanted to see my splits from the 400 IM and 400 Fr. Thankfully they did post the splits for the 1500 at the meet so I have those on my heat sheet.

Glider
February 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
So, preliminary 2007 SCM Top Ten is out, and not one time (that I could see) from this meet qualified for some reason...

Maybe there is a mistake...maybe someone "forgot" to measure the pool...Sheesh, there goes my first Top Ten.:rant3:

Final results are up. http://www.sportstiming.com/Meets/MiscResults/2007-11-03%20Columbia%20Masters%20-%20SC%20SCM%20Championships.pdf

Looks like Donna was the high-point winner in the women's 45-49 age group. Way to go!:applaud:

CreamPuff
February 12th, 2008, 06:03 PM
So, preliminary 2007 SCM Top Ten is out, and not one time (that I could see) from this meet qualified for some reason...

Maybe there is a mistake...maybe someone "forgot" to measure the pool...Sheesh, there goes my first Top Ten.:rant3:

Woa! I'm so sorry about that Mark.

Contact the meet director for that meet and Mary Beth Windrath (she does Top 10 tabulations) provided you want to find out what happened. I had that happen to me. What meet was it?

Wish I had done a SCM meet for 2007 but I was recovering from my neck injury! Swam USAS instead.

Glider
February 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks, I sent Mary Beth an email. I'll let you know how it goes.

Woa! I'm so sorry about that Mark.

Contact the meet director for that meet and Mary Beth Windrath (she does Top 10 tabulations) provided you want to find out what happened. I had that happen to me. What meet was it?

Wish I had done a SCM meet for 2007 but I was recovering from my neck injury! Swam USAS instead.