PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Ion!

Paul Smith
October 30th, 2007, 04:45 PM
With all the fun we've been having latley I wanted to suggest we bring Ion back into the forum...his historical knowledge alone on the past Olympian thread would be outstanding.

And to think what he could have added to on the masquerade ball...can you imagine Geek & on actually on the same side of something?!

And Fort never really had the pleasure to debate....talk about something to look forward to logging on each day!

Keep it interesting!

gull
October 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM
He's not coming back.

I actually met him at the Woodlands and watched his 400 free. He swam a nice race, good technique, solid turns.

geochuck
October 30th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yes let him back, you know I love him.

scyfreestyler
October 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
You're going to need to bring somebody back to replace those who are leaving.

smontanaro
October 30th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Who is Ion? (Off-list replies to skip@pobox.com or by PM - sounds like there's some past friction there...)

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

Paul Smith
October 30th, 2007, 05:14 PM
You're going to need to bring somebody back to replace those who are leaving.

Matt, sorry if your feelings were hurt and hate for my post to be the reason to bail on an entire forum/community.....but your post was in need of a bit of a "slapping"....thick skins and/or a sense of humor are required...:duel:

I should have added a 3rd option to the poll; allow him back ONLY if he, Fort & Geek agree to going on the Dr. Phil show!

poolraat
October 30th, 2007, 05:18 PM
:duel:

I should have added a 3rd option to the poll; allow him back ONLY if he, Fort & eek agree to going on the Dr. Phil show!

:rofl::lmao:

scyfreestyler
October 30th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm not the one who is leaving.

swimr4life
October 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO:whiteflag::whiteflag::shakeshead:

In the name of all that is good in the world, PLEASE don't beckon him from the depths of wherever he has been hiding. I left the forum for a while to avoid the burn of his widespread flames. PLEEEEEZE don't summon up the darkness.

swimr4life
October 30th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Who is Ion? (Off-list replies to skip@pobox.com or by PM - sounds like there's some past friction there...)

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

Understatement of the year! :rofl:

jim clemmons
October 30th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I believe it to be his choice not to participate - at least I don't think he's been eighty-sixed. I've spoken with him at a couple of meets and we've had good conversations.

Warren
October 30th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Don't let him back, I don't like him. He got kicked off off the race club forum and I think he is resposible for the close of the usa swimming forum. No one wants to read what he has to say.

The Fortress
October 30th, 2007, 06:48 PM
All you got for me is Dr. Phil, Tall Paul?!

He definitely would have agitated the lawyer in me! I think we have some other later bloomers anyway .... like Geek?

He did have a lot of difficulties on the Race Club. I read those threads. :eek:

Swimmer Bill
October 30th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I voted "no" as well. Too many communication and etiquette issues. Decorum can be learned later in life, I've heard.

:bolt:

gull
October 30th, 2007, 07:31 PM
I think we have some other later bloomers anyway .... like Geek?

Sorry, counselor. Geek is many things, but he is definitely not a late bloomer.

The Fortress
October 30th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry, counselor. Geek is many things, but he is definitely not a late bloomer.

I was just joshing. But I was under the impression that Geek had limited age group experience. Given that, he seems to be doing very well as a master. But I defer to you on that one, Gull!

I've only read a few of those old closed threads, so I might not have the meaning down precisely right. :bolt:

SwimStud
October 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
I was just joshing. But I was under the impression that Geek had limited age group experience. Given that, he seems to be doing very well as a master. But I defer to you on that one, Gull!

I've only read a few of those old closed threads, so I might not have the meaning down precisely right. :bolt:

I'm sure means Geek is just Late and not a bloomer...

:rofl:

Peter Cruise
October 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I've made past solemn promises not to fan that particular flame, so much as it grieves me to leave many scathing turns of phrase unwritten, I will keep my promises.

scyfreestyler
October 30th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Bring him on...what's the worst that could happen?

Peter Cruise
October 31st, 2007, 01:13 AM
Armageddon...

Paul Smith
October 31st, 2007, 11:11 AM
I'm going to go ahead and close this down...I did as an a "statement" if you will about people coming/going, sensitivity questions, etc. etc. and to have a little fun...not meant as an insult to Ion as I actually would like to see him back but also understand that others feel differently.