PDA

View Full Version : Xmas gifts for Docs. Nurses and hypochondriacs

SwimStud
November 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
If you've not heard about them, these are funny gifts for grown ups but actually a good idea to teach kids about germs and such!

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

gull
November 2nd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Great stocking stuffers. You know, I always thought Serratia would be a pretty name for a girl, and of course Proteus for a boy. My wife disagreed, for some reason.

gull
November 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Stud, if you are having trouble shopping for me this year, you might check this out:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/11036.asp

I was a big fan of that show back in the day.

swimr4life
November 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Great stocking stuffers. You know, I always thought Serratia would be a pretty name for a girl, and of course Proteus for a boy. My wife disagreed, for some reason.

:rofl:
When I worked in the nursery, we had parents that actually named their daughter Venerra. :doh: Thats child abuse!

gull
November 2nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
When I worked in the nursery, we had parents that actually named their daughter Venerra. :doh: Thats child abuse!

At Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston there was a baby named Nosmo King (taken from the No Smoking sign).

SwimStud
November 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Stud, if you are having trouble shopping for me this year, you might check this out:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/11036.asp

I was a big fan of that show back in the day.

Hahaha well have to see what Santa can do...I think I'll be getting coal...

Ripple
November 2nd, 2007, 08:59 PM

I went to school with a girl named Candace Barr... what were her parents thinking? But wait, it gets worse, I'm still getting mail for a previous occupant of my house whose parents named her Lolita. I hope they came from a different culture and had never heard of the book.

Swan
November 3rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
I guess that it isn't too early to start thinking about Xmas and what I need. How about a nice moat/lap lane around the house, an 1/8 mile long, heated all year round and requiring no maintenance?

swimr4life
November 3rd, 2007, 11:54 PM
At Jefferson Davis Hospital in Houston there was a baby named Nosmo King (taken from the No Smoking sign).

OH MY! That's sad. :doh:

Slowswim
November 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I went to high school with a girl named Starr Leight.:shakeshead:

SwimStud
November 5th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I went to high school with a girl named Starr Leight.:shakeshead:

OK I bet someone knows a "Harley" Davidson

ensignada
November 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Looking at the microscopic photos each bug is based on, I'm thinking of a new line of neckties....

indyswimbag
November 6th, 2007, 08:17 PM
SwimStud... I can go you one better than "harley".... My swim coach in college was Seemann baugh..........what were his parents thinking????:doh:

WPSWIMS
November 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I had a tennis partner named Penny Dollar and my husband had a teacher in prep school who the students addressed as Master Bates.

poolraat
November 7th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Okay here's a good one...A local family
Dad - Rocky, Mom - Sandy, Kids - Dusty and Denim

knelson
November 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Okay here's a good one...A local family
Dad - Rocky, Mom - Sandy, Kids - Dusty and Denim

Denim? It's kind of a shame they couldn't keep up the adjective thing. :)

SwimStud
November 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Denim? It's kind of a shame they couldn't keep up the adjective thing. :)
Gritty?

Karen Duggan
November 7th, 2007, 04:28 PM
We heard of a family that named their children: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. Yikes.

We're having a boy soon and we really like the name Sean Thomas, however with the last name Duggan, his initials would be STD. I can't quite get past that. Whaddy'a think?

SwimStud
November 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
We heard of a family that named their children: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. Yikes.

We're having a boy soon and we really like the name Sean Thomas, however with the last name Duggan, his initials would be STD. I can't quite get past that. Whaddy'a think?

How about Sean Thomas Ulysees Duggan...

knelson
November 7th, 2007, 05:04 PM
We heard of a family that named their children: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry.

Obviously of Neapolitan heritage!

gull
November 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
When I was a resident there was a Dr. Doctor,who of course married a nurse. I also ran into Dr. Colon, Dr. Aftergut (who sadly was not a gastroenterologist), a Dr. Hurt and a Dr. Payne. Finally, there was a Dr. Megahead who was (and still is) a neurosurgeon. He was very smart (perfect board scores), but his head was of normal size.

Karen Duggan
November 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks so much for this site! My dad has always been a PITA for birthday and Xmas shopping- so hard to find a gift, let alone the PERFECT gift.

However, as a cancer patient the last 6 years and on a feeding tube (rest of his life) he get pneumonia pretty regularly (he's in bed a lot). The "pneumonia" would be a great gift! I can tell him he doesn't have to get it anymore, because I'll give it to him :) I love it. Very cute idea whoever came up with it.

laineybug
November 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
If put in a traditional monogram of first name initial, last name initial, middle name initial, my granddaughter's are LSD