PDA

View Full Version : Ian Thorpe in the clear

ViveBene
November 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM
FINA has dropped its investigation of Ian Thorpe's results showing high levels of the naturally occurring substances testosterone and luteinizing hormone. So his trials are over.

He is one of the most beautiful swimmers to watch in the sport.

VB

3strokes
November 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
FINA has dropped its investigation of Ian Thorpe's results showing high levels of the naturally occurring substances testosterone and luteinizing hormone. So his trials are over.

He is one of the most beautiful swimmers to watch in the sport.

VB

I personally believe he has the most perfect freestyle technique ever (so far). I'd rather watch him lose, over and over again (yes, he hasn't first-ed in a few distances) than some others win "ugly".

MAC swimmer
November 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
No question, the most beautiful stroke I have ever seen. It looks like he is barely working. Some have hypothesized that Thorpe has so much kick propulsion that he is literally riding his own bow wave!

knelson
November 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
In light of BALCO, you might want to use different phrasing than "in the clear."

scyfreestyler
November 7th, 2007, 02:00 PM
In the clear or on the clear?

ViveBene
November 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
In light of BALCO, you might want to use different phrasing than "in the clear."

Indeed, I thought of it at the time, but he hasn't been "cleared" (and probably was never "charged"). FINA dropped the investigations.

He's wonderful. I'm glad I have him in plastic on my dashboard. :applaud:

VB

bobbyhillny
November 8th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah i agree. Ian Thorpe's swimming looks so effortless. I wonder how much of it comes from his kicking and size 17 feet, and how much comes from his strokes. Anybody's thoughts? There's a DVD called Beneath the Suit. I believe it's an aussie production and ian demonstrates his swimming technique, diving and turning, warmups, and weight training drills. It's a great video.