PDA

View Full Version : swim club??

wildfleurcotage
November 11th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I've beeb a member for a year but I havent been swimming with a club. How do you go about getting established when you haven't been practicing w/ a team??

nyswimmer
November 11th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "getting established."

If you mean competing, an unattached swimmer (I'm one) can do anything a club member can do except swim on relays, as long as you're a member of USMS. Just mail the meet entry form (which you can probably print at your LMSC website), with the entry fee, to the meet director. If it asks for a club, enter "unattached." (By the way, if you've registered in NJ, you're most likely registered as member of Garden State Masters, which is recognized by USMS as club, so check your USMS card)

If you mean getting registered with USMS, you can probably print out the registration form at the website for the LMSC for your area -- just fill it out and mail it to the LMSC registrar. You don't need to register through a club (although some clubs forward the form for members).

wildfleurcotage
November 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
thanks Ken. I didnt realize you could compete w/out belonging to a club.

talne621
November 12th, 2007, 10:25 PM
2008 NJ registration form
http://www.njmasters.org/membership/registration.htm

If you live in Farmingdale then Garden State Masters would be the closest for you.