PDA

View Full Version : For the women - Maxback or Diamondback?

RiverGirl
November 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Hi,

I've been swimming with the Maxback style suits from Tyr and Speedo. I'm wondering about the Diamondback style (some Tyr suits are on a good sale at a local swim shop). It's clear the Diamondback provides less coverage. Do any of you wear the Diamondback styles, and have you found the straps comfortable for workouts and the back coverage adequate?

Thanks!

dorothyrde
November 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I wear either or, but my daugher only wears maxback. She is busty and perfers that for coverage.

Stillhere
November 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
RiverGirl:

Always remember that less is better. Honest....

stussy96
November 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM
I like the thinner straps. For me, the wider ones give me suit hickeys around my neck.

Ripple
November 14th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I prefer suits similar to the Diamondback style. Whenever I've worn something like the Maxback, that wide strip of fabric going up the middle of my spine has irritated me. Not chafing exactly, just the constant awareness that it's there.

RiverGirl
November 17th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the replies! I ended up buying the Diamondback suit. It's a reversible, and was $40. I wore it last night and I do like it. It's a little heavier because of the two layers of fabric (reversible) but that's fine for me, plus the suit should last a bit longer as far as the "see through" aspect.