PDA

View Full Version : On free style...?

J0nath0n3
November 15th, 2007, 05:34 PM
On the freestyle stroke if your sprinting is it better to use more your feet and less your arms like do a 6 beat kick and and after every 6 beat kick switch arms in stream line position or use fast arms with your 6 beat kick? will it slow me down if i move my arms more with the kicks? or is some kind of coordination that i have to do i can do 24.5 on a 50yard*(i hate this confuses me lol so many yards and meter and ahh) pool doing what im doing im trying to get under 23 or at least 23s' to make it to state and im really needing some help from people that know what they are doing. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Jonathan Oliveira

Freestyle for life.

phdude
November 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
under 23 in a LCM pool would make you in the top 15% of the competitors at 2007 Worlds in the 50 Free. Is this a joke or did you confuse your pool length?

Warren
November 15th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I think hes talking about short couse meters.

Jonathan, don't even think about waiting for the six kicks to switch arms. When your sprinting just keep a fast, steady kick going and it will end up being a six beat kick any way. If you stop to think about number of kicks, it might slow you down.

ALM
November 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
From the Georgia High School Swimming Coaches Association:
http://www.ghssca.com/

The 2007 boys state qualifying time for the 50 yard free (swum in a 25-yard pool) was 23.50 seconds.

Using their converter, this is equivalent to a 50 meter free (swum in a 25-meter pool) of 26.30 seconds.

They don't give an equivalent for a 50 meter free swum in a 50-meter pool.

phdude
November 15th, 2007, 06:10 PM
we really gotta go metric....like 20 years ago.

J0nath0n3
November 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
we really gotta go metric....like 20 years ago.
,lol i dont know why but i ALWAYS get confused. ugh.

knelson
November 20th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Jonathan,
You need to use a strong kick and a strong, fast pull. The key is coordinating them together. You don't want one slowing down the other. A 50 free is all about explosiveness. You should be kicking and stroking at as high a tempo as you can while maintaining a good stroke.