PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I have entered...

FindingMyInnerFish
November 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
... the Colonies Zone Championships... doing the 100 and 200 free on 12/8. Sent the entry and USMS card in.

Wish me luck!

I have had the good fortune of working w/ a coach in the area who's been doing underwater video analysis of my stroke. He's great! Also plans to help me with the dive... I think that's a matter of just getting past the fear b/c standing on the block makes me nervous.... but I did some off the side in yesterday's session to help build confidence.

So who among you will be there on 12/8, since this is going to be a day trip for me (on a budget)? Looking forward to seeing some "forumites"! And you can even critique my form or my swimsuit style! :)

scyfreestyler
November 16th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a hoot! Have fun.

art_z
November 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
good luck on Satuday, due to kid's sports commitments, I can only make it on 12/9 .. 100 IM, 200 back, 100 back and whatever relays I get Shanghaied for.

pwolf66
November 16th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I'll be there both days. Swimming all the 50s, 100 IM, Breast and Free. Hopefully I'll have enough teammates there for a relay or two but who knows?

Paul

The Fortress
November 16th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Good luck FMIF! I know you'll have fun. Wish I could be there to meet you, but, alas, it's not on my dance card. Hope to see you one meet soon! You go girl! :groovy:

FindingMyInnerFish
November 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Hey, thanks all!

Paul, hope I have a chance to meet you and, Art, good luck w/ your events! Hopefully I'll meet you at some point once I start going back to Villanova for workouts. (I am a Lane 10 regular when I go.) I'd have gone Sunday but the 50 free is the only event that day that I'd feel ready to try, whereas Sat. offers two events that interest me. Figure I might as well do more than one event if I'm going to make the trip.

Leslie, sorry I won't get to meet you this time around. Hopefully one of these days we'll both be at the same meet--or, hee hee, how about an open water swim? :D

scyfreestyler, c'mon and join the fun! :party2:

pwolf66
November 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM
FMiF,

When you see a guy with short brown hair who looks like an NFL Tight End, that would be me. Look forward to meeting you!!

Paul

rtodd
November 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Can't make, it but good luck!!!!!

talne621
November 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM
i am going to be there all 3 days. on friday: 800 and 1500 free. on saturday: 400 IM, 100 free, 200 free, and 50 back. and sunday: 400 free, 50 free, 100 IM, 100 back, and 200IM. see you there!

Julie Roddin
November 18th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I will be there! 1500 free on Friday (MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!). Then 50 back, 200 free on Saturday and 400 free (maybe...my boyfriend is talking some serious trash that his 400 IM time will crush my 400 free...we'll see!!!!) and 100 back, 200 back on Sunday!

Can't wait to see all of you there!

Julie

Blackbeard's Peg
November 18th, 2007, 08:45 PM
my boyfriend is talking some serious trash that his 400 IM time will crush my 400 free...
I think i may have to put my money on the guy who shares my first name... ;):fish2:

Julie Roddin
November 18th, 2007, 11:38 PM
I think i may have to put my money on the guy who shares my first name... ;):fish2:

WHAT?!?!? Are you serious? He gets to swim first so I think that will either psych me out or make me really REALLY want to go faster than him. We always talk about how fun it would be to race against each other when he does IM and I do free. We'll see. Although, I'm NOT making excuses, but I'm not going up there to be a 400 freestyler. I'm going up there to be a backstroker and seeing as the 400 free is the first event on the day of my 100 AND 200 back, I may not want to push it THAT hard. We'll see.

See you there!

SwimStud
November 19th, 2007, 10:32 AM
So who among you will be there on 12/8, since this is going to be a day trip for me (on a budget)? Looking forward to seeing some "forumites"! And you can even critique my form or my swimsuit style! :)

I am day-tripping this one too but going on the Sunday. So I won't get to see you dive! Go get 'em!

swimshark
November 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
FMIF, good luck. I will be at a local (well, 3 hour drive) meet that same weekend. Enjoy meeting the crazies... I mean Paul and others :)

Alison

pwolf66
November 19th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I mean Paul and others :)

Alison

HEY, I resemble that remark, um, errrr, never mind

Paul

swimshark
November 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
HEY, I resemble that remark, um, errrr, never mind

Paul

:D

Alison

FindingMyInnerFish
November 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks all--getting excited!

And that swim coach I mentioned is going to help me more w/ dives in my next session. Did a few practice dives off the side (not the block). I just don't want to lose my balance and fall off the block before I can get in a dive. If I can actually make it into the water w/out incident, the rest is just swimming! :fish2:

I look forward to meeting the "crazies," since I've become one of them.

"But I don't want to be among mad people," said Alice.
"You're mad or you wouldn't be here," said the White Rabbit.

[not an exact quote, since I don't have the book handy, but I always loved that little interchange from Alice in Wonderland.]