PDA

View Full Version : Have you done video analysis?

spudfin
November 19th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Greetings
I am going to purchase the Sanyo Xacti video camera for Xmas. Has anyone used one yet? Also, I plan to do some video anaylysis for myself and my sons age group team. Anyone have any suggestions for how to best do this? I would like to do both above and underwater stroke captures.
Regards and Happy Holidays
Spudfin

tomtopo
November 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Video taping can be very productive if you're willing to over-correct your stroke flaws. Watch videos of great swimmers who you'd like your swimmers to copy then compare their stroke to yours. Mimic their stroke pattern using ultra-slow strokes (the best way to acquire new patterns). Good luck!

geochuck
November 20th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Sanyo Xacti video camera??? It is only good to 10' which to me means it may not be so great.

I like my little video camra that attaches to my above water video camera. You can buy them on ebay for about $50.

I use 2 software programs for analysis a lower priced one Pro Trainer about $200 http://sports-motion.com/support-faq.htm good for 3 computers and Dart Swim about $2000.

david.margrave
November 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't done it as a camera operator, but as a swimmer. I'm not sure what brand they used but it looked like a little webcam on the end of an extruded aluminum mast. They'd hold the camera underwater and had it hooked up as a remote input to a recording device (like a camcorder). Contact Mary at emerald city multisport (not hard to find) if you want to know what the exact equipment was and her impressions of it.