PDA

View Full Version : Colonies Zone Championships

talne621
November 26th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hi! The psych sheets and heat sheets have been posted at:
http://recreation.rutgers.edu/Content/SCM_Colonies_Zone_Champ_Results.asp

Blackbeard's Peg
November 26th, 2007, 10:25 PM
holey moley, i guess i now have to show up to defend my 800 seed time...:dedhorse:

art_z
November 27th, 2007, 10:15 AM
wow, only 9 people swimming the 200 fly. I'll have to give that a whirl next year.

Warren
November 27th, 2007, 10:17 AM
why would anyone want to swim anything over a 100...:rofl:

thewookiee
November 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Because swimming anything under a 100 is a waste of time:p

Julie Roddin
November 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I didn't even make it into the fast heat of the 50 back! HA HA! Lots of female backstrokers showing up to this meet!!!!

Oh, and the other Jeff and I have a "gridge" going....my 400 free vs. his 400 IM. Should be interesting!!!

See you guys there!

Julie

The Fortress
November 27th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I didn't even make it into the fast heat of the 50 back! HA HA! Lots of female backstrokers showing up to this meet!!!!

See you guys there!

Julie

What?! Well, do some sprinting so you can get your TT!

We'll have to have a virtual grudge race, as I'm swimming the following weekend. I'll try not to scratch the 100 back. But it is a back to back event for me. You know how I love those ...

John: How can you be "wasting" your time if it's only 30 seconds or so?! :mooning:

thewookiee
November 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
It takes longer to get goggles adjusted, behind the blocks on the blocks and listen to the commands than it does to swim...least in the 100-200's there is more swimming to actually watch.

Julie Roddin
November 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
What?! Well, do some sprinting so you can get your TT!

We'll have to have a virtual grudge race, as I'm swimming the following weekend. I'll try not to scratch the 100 back. But it is a back to back event for me. You know how I love those ...

There is always Albatross for the 100 back, we'll need to talk about your seed time though or else we'll always be racing virtually! Need you to be in our heat!!!!

I'm starting to taper...it's so hard when the rest of your team is swimming regular workouts!

The Fortress
November 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM
It takes longer to get goggles adjusted, behind the blocks on the blocks and listen to the commands than it does to swim...least in the 100-200's there is more swimming to actually watch.

True, but you may not actually want to watch it. :rofl: Even you'd agree that there is no need for a 200 butterfrog!

Julie: All I can say is I hate tapering. Belch. Don't know if I'll swim the 100 back at Albatross. I'll have to look at the order of events.

thewookiee
November 27th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Even you'd agree that there is no need for a 200 butterfrog!

200 Butterfrog-no. 200 fly...i can see where some people like the event. I use to like it..until I was never given a break from swimming it.

I think I would rather go vertical or quit a 200 fly race than to do it butterfrog.

pwolf66
November 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Fort, soooooo, what kind of gridge match can I set up??? 50 Breast? My 50 Fly versus your 50 back? Hmm, that has possibilities. For me getting crushed that is.

Where's Rich???? Oh Rich?

Leonard Jansen
November 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
why would anyone want to swim anything over a 100...:rofl:
What? You mean there actually ARE races less than a mile? In a pool? What affectation is this?

-LBJ

Slowswim
November 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
holey moley, i guess i now have to show up to defend my 800 seed time...:dedhorse:
Wow, a 5 second delta over 800! That would be fun to watch! I'm sure you've got him. After all he's over 50 years old.

Blackbeard's Peg
November 27th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Wow, a 5 second delta over 800! That would be fun to watch! I'm sure you've got him. After all he's over 50 years old.

yes, brad may be twice my age, but don't be fooled - he's pretty quick, and sure doesn't look like he in his 50s. I don't believe I have beat him in a head-to-head matchup in any freestyle event of any course.
My LCM times this summer were 9:59 and 10:06, back when the pants I am wearing today didnt fit so snug and I had two fully working knees. Bill, you're right, this could be a fun race to watch (certainly not to swim)!

-jeff

Slowswim
November 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
you're right, this could be a fun race to watch (certainly not to swim)!

-jeff

So...who's going to video it for us not in the NE?

Julie Roddin
November 27th, 2007, 04:15 PM
yes, brad may be twice my age, but don't be fooled - he's pretty quick, and sure doesn't look like he in his 50s.

He's been swimming at Mason, definitely doesn't look like he's in his 50s! Does he do anything besides free?!?!? He's fast, and will be fun to watch the two of you race each other!!!!! Since you picked Jeff over me in the 400 IM/400 free gridge, I may have to cheer louder for Brad. Just kidding of course, I know you were giving your honest opinion of the gridge.

See you there!

The Fortress
November 27th, 2007, 04:31 PM
He's been swimming at Mason, definitely doesn't look like he's in his 50s! Does he do anything besides free?!?!? He's fast, and will be fun to watch the two of you race each other!!!!! Since you picked Jeff over me in the 400 IM/400 free gridge, I may have to cheer louder for Brad. Just kidding of course, I know you were giving your honest opinion of the gridge.

See you there!

No, he only swims free. He says everything else hurts his shoulders. He is very fast. Good luck Peg!!

Swimmy
November 27th, 2007, 07:11 PM
What? You mean there actually ARE races less than a mile? In a pool? What affectation is this?

-LBJ

I agree with Leonard! Where is the challenge in the pool? Sea creatures give you great adrenaline rushes!
Loveya, Leonard XOXOXO
Swimmy : )
:cheerleader: