PDA

View Full Version : SPMA SCM Championships over 40 world records??? Anybody have the details?????

Its a slow show
December 3rd, 2007, 11:25 AM
I hear it was over the top in performances!!!!

jim clemmons
December 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM
I can only say, you should'a been there. Reading about it is never like experiencing it first hand.

Glenn
December 3rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Guess there will be a few more people attending this meet next year!!!!:groovy:

Allen Stark
December 3rd, 2007, 10:21 PM
Put Laura Val,KPN,and Susan von der Lippe in one meet(often in one heat) and you are going to get lots of records.Throw in David Guthrie,Bob Strand,and Paul Smith getting multiple World Records and things are really hot.There were many really fast swimmers there and conditions were great.The pool is really fast,but the building isn't heated and I've been there when it was uncomfortably cold,but this weekend had wonderful weather.:woot:

ande
December 4th, 2007, 06:10 AM
i very much enjoyed this meet and the wonderful people I met

ande

Paul Smith
December 4th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Allan, Jim, Ande, Gerry, Dan, Schaf, Laura, Paul, Jeff....and quite a few others...great swims and great seeing you all!

And by the way...Arizona hands down won the beer drinking contest at the brewery Saturday night...wimps! :wine:

jim clemmons
December 13th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Anyone know if the results will be submitted to USMS for inclusion in Current Top Times?

Allen Stark
December 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
I was wondering that myself!!

meldyck
December 14th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Jim and Allen,

undoubtedly the SPMA SCM champs are on the Current Top Times radar screen. SP has been good about getting the meet files submitted in the past. Jeanne Seidler (the Current Top Times administrator) has had good success in getting meet results for the database (much better than I did when I was the administrator!). However, her approach is to send out periodic reminders to meet directors and Top Ten chairman and that may mean that it will be later in the month (or perhaps next year) before the data are in. If you want to get the data into the file sooner, I would encourage you to email the meet director (Ken Brisbin: ken AT lbgrunions DOT com) to ask that he send the meet results directly to Jeanne (MeetResults AT usms DOT org).

Grunion
December 14th, 2007, 04:34 PM
As everyone has indicated the meet was amazing and attended by over 500 swimmers with many WR falling. All information at this point is being handled by SPMA but if you need something specific please let me know.

Ken Brisbin
Grunions

jpheather
December 14th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Anyone know if the results will be submitted to USMS for inclusion in Current Top Times?

Yes, eventually. Unfortunately, this is an EXTREMELY busy time of year, and I prefer to do a first pass through the results to make sure there are no glaring errors before I send it off.