PDA

View Full Version : Absence made my heart fonder!

swimr4life
December 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I've missed swimming so much! :cry: I've been out of the water for 9 weeks due to neck/shoulder and back injuries! You really don't realize what a big part of your life swimming is until you can't do it. After trying the chiropractic route for 6 weeks to no avail, I'm on my 3rd week of physical therapy. My PT said I could swim EASY for 15 minutes tomorrow! WOO HOO! I've never been so excited about 15 minutes of swimming in my life! Wish me luck! I'll let you know about my progress. I've missed my buddies at the pool and my virtual swim buddies here on the forums. Hopefully my swim will be close to pain free.

FindingMyInnerFish
December 9th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Congratulations! Isn't it the truth! Most of my injury layoffs are from running but I know how sweet it is to get back after being away. Hope all goes well for you!

Donna
December 9th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Good Luck Beth. We've been missing you at the meets.

Hope you heal up just fine and quickly.

nancytris
December 10th, 2007, 04:47 PM
:cane: Yes! Those pesky injuries, ilnesses and other viscisitudes of life that interfere with out activities are a pain in the ...

I have been out of the pool for only 3 weeks (not your 9!!!) and have one more week to wait before getting back in and I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!

So you go Beth:cheerleader: and don't do too much too soon the way most of us have the tendendy to do!

Nancy