PDA

View Full Version : USA Swimming--hotel discount

aztimm
December 21st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Not sure if this violates the forum rules, but thought I'd share in case this is allowed.

Hilton properties (which includes Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, etc) has a promotion for discounts at their properties:

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/hi_USASwimming/index.jhtml?cid=OM,HH,USASwimming,Featured

Along with the discount, Hilton is making donations for various swimming uses.

I've used this site to book a few biz trips, there's no limit, and they don't have to coincide with the events, or be in specific places.

Thanks!

scyfreestyler
December 21st, 2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you for sharing...might have an opportunity to utilize that in the near future.

scyfreestyler
January 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
As I had suspected, this link proved useful. Thanks.

aztimm
January 14th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I've used it to book a few reservations (10% discount), my first is this Thurs-Fri in Reno....hope it works without a hitch.

It doesn't seem to give any discount for international bookings though. I'm going to Frankfurt in mid-Feb, and the prices through this link are actually higher.

aztimm
January 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Just an update, this discount is still active, but the link to book has changed: NEW LINK (http://swimming.hfadvantage.com)

This new link is good through 6/30/09.

As in the past, it gives 10% off of the lowest available rate. I found this quite handy over the past year and used it for many of my hotel bookings. You can still earn HHonors points as normal. Not sure if this will still apply, but last year, I usually earned a 250 point bonus for booking through this site.

For those unfamiliar, Hilton properties include of course Hilton, but also: Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Conrad, and some various others (The Biltmore here in PHX, Waldorf-Astoria in NYC, The Marquette in MSP, etc).

Overall, a great way to save some $$$ and help swimming!

tjrpatt
January 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Wow, Hilton Hotels seems to be doing some strategic alliances with swimming. First, hiring Michael Phelps as a spokeperson and now this. If anything, I will get a USA Swimming membership just for the hotel discount.

The Fortress
January 6th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks, Tim! I'm actually booking at a Hilton for my next away meet. Putting my USA membership to good use!

Doug Adamavich
January 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Wonder if Rob can contact these guys and get a program for USMS. Seems like a straightforward proposition and would get used.

Thanks for posting, I will give it a look-see...

aquageek
January 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Tim! I'm actually booking at a Hilton for my next away meet. Putting my USA membership to good use!

There's no Hiltons in Auburn. There's no paved roads, indoor plumbing or electricity in Auburn.

The Fortress
January 6th, 2009, 04:08 PM
There's no Hiltons in Auburn. There's no paved roads, indoor plumbing or electricity in Auburn.

All too true, I'm sure, except for the Hilton part. But all I require is a fast pool. And it can't be any more gloomy than DC in February. Why aren't Y Nats in Feb. dammit?

aztimm
January 7th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Wow, Hilton Hotels seems to be doing some strategic alliances with swimming. First, hiring Michael Phelps as a spokeperson and now this. If anything, I will get a USA Swimming membership just for the hotel discount.

You actually don't need to be a member of USA swimming, just to book through that site.

In theory, I guess the hotel could ask for your card (like they could ask for an AAA card). But in practice, I've never been asked for it.

Make sure to get those points....I traded my HHonors points for United upgrades, which is how I got to go biz class to/fr Europe.

tjrpatt
January 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
You actually don't need to be a member of USA swimming, just to book through that site.

In theory, I guess the hotel could ask for your card (like they could ask for an AAA card). But in practice, I've never been asked for it.

Make sure to get those points....I traded my HHonors points for United upgrades, which is how I got to go biz class to/fr Europe.

Thanks for the tip.

orca1946
January 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Thanx for the tip. It's good to all we can now!

orca1946
February 10th, 2009, 08:56 PM
The state meet in Il is in Chicago, will the discounts work there also. The end of April 2009