PDA

View Full Version : SCM zones review

talne621
December 22nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Hi! Rutgers will be hosting SCM zones next year from December 5-7. What suggestions do you have for us to make the meet even better next year?

pwolf66
December 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
It was a well run event. I think that getting the message out about the meet earlier will bring in more swimmers. It seemed that there was uncertainty over this years event that may have kept many folks from participating.

Maybe changing the events so that each strokes 50 and 200 are on the same day and the 100 is on the other?

Paul

art_z
January 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe changing the events so that each strokes 50 and 200 are on the same day and the 100 is on the other?

Paul

yes, good call. swimming the 200 and 100 back on the same day was not pleasant.

SwimStud
January 8th, 2008, 09:58 AM
There was a guy doing video analysis of some sort there...I wasn't sure if it was for masters or not...but definitely a good idea to make this available...especially if a DVD can be purchased afterward to review at home or share with others for input.

Blackbeard's Peg
February 12th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Looking back, I remember waiting at the program/awards table to check in for my distance event. Those poor people had no idea what to tell me about that, so they got on their radios to get an answer. A sign right at the entrance about Positive Check-in is always good, esp. for those coming in Friday and running late.

ALSO,
I've never had to buy a meet program at a meet I swim in. They're usually included and accounted for via the meet surcharge. If the program is not included again, it would be good to make a note of that on the entry form. I didn't have any cash with me.

imspoiled
February 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I agree with Jeff. Having to pay for a program after paying a meet surcharge & per event is just silly. Smaller meets with lower entry fees make programs available to participants at no charge. If you want to charge spectators, we fine, but registered swimmers should get a program.