PDA

View Full Version : What's your annual workout log?

meldyck
December 31st, 2007, 03:01 PM
For 2007 mine is detailed below. I had a total of 630 hours of training distributed among those activities. Swimming and strength training were higher this year than any past year but some of the other things had fewer hours than previous years.

Swimming: 221 days & 444 miles (782,100 yards)
Cross-country skiing: 53 days & 550 miles (886 km)
Strength training: 100 days
Mountain biking: 10 days & 61 miles
Concept 2 rowing ergometer: 32 days & 99 miles (160,100 meters)
Walking: 73 days & 158 miles

Overall, I had a few additional hours of training during the year, compared to previous years, and 630 hours is my highest ever.

Ripple
January 1st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I tend to stop writing in my exercise journal altogether in the months of June-July-August, so it seems as though I'm not working out at all then, when in fact it's my most active time of year.
I'm also never sure whether to include the less obvious activities, such as long walks at lunch time, can-watering the garden, forking over the composter, or digging up huge clumps of self-planted ash seedlings while swearing a lot. (The swearing puts it into the "aerobic" category, right? :bitching:)
The formal exercise of swimming and cycling tends to average 5-6 hours a week in winter, spring, and fall.

meldyck
January 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Rhoda,

last summer we were finishing up the landscaping on our house and I shoveled more than 20 tons of gravel in the process. I kept track of that time and put it into the log as strength work. It beats the Cross Fit 'simulated shoveling' exercise and gives nice results to look at.

When I used to work I would take long, vigorous walks at lunch instead of gobbling down the pork rinds. That exercise counts....