PDA

View Full Version : Yingfa Sharkskin vs. Speedo Fastskin

craig68
December 31st, 2007, 04:12 PM
I've never raced in a technical racing suit before, but would like to give it a try. I see that Yingfa Sharkskin leggings are significantly cheaper than American made technical suits (Speedo, Tyr). Has anyone raced in Yingfa Sharkskin? Will you please provide feedback? I don't expect them to be quite as good as the more expensive suits, but also don't want to regret trading my old lycra brief for Yingfa leggings. For example, I wouldn't race in standard jammers, because they are just longer versions of the same old water logged lycra briefs. Thanks!

Nathan
January 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hadn't even heard of them prior to this post, so with the power of google, I found they have pretty cool designs at least (http://www.proswimwear.co.uk/_images/_product_pics/res1_PSW0385.jpg)
:)

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
At one time the Chinese company that make Yangfa made Speedo products. I don't know if they still do or not. I would bet that if you have a Speedo that says it is made in Chaina it is a product of Yingfa. Yingfa, as far as I can tell, is much cheaper than is speedo.

Blackbeard's Peg
January 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
At one time the Chinese company that make Yangfa made Speedo products. I don't know if they still do or not. I would bet that if you have a Speedo that says it is made in Chaina it is a product of Yingfa. Yingfa, as far as I can tell, is much cheaper than is speedo.

Hmm, very interesting. I wonder if they've reverse-engineered the fastskin technology or are using a prototype or something like that. The logo is (in my opinion) pretty similar to Speedo's... Given that country's history of knockoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if emulating Speedo was part of their strategery.

As for the price, while they are sponsoring China's team, Yingfa isn't shelling out multimillion dollar deals to sponsor the big names Phelps, Beard, Caughlin, Crocker, Ziegler, etc. from around the world.

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 3rd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hmm, very interesting. I wonder if they've reverse-engineered the fastskin technology or are using a prototype or something like that. The logo is (in my opinion) pretty similar to Speedo's... Given that country's history of knockoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if emulating Speedo was part of their strategery.

As for the price, while they are sponsoring China's team, Yingfa isn't shelling out multimillion dollar deals to sponsor the big names Phelps, Beard, Caughlin, Crocker, Ziegler, etc. from around the world.

I would doubt that any nonChinese swimmer would take up the offer unless they had nothing else. I think that now the company is suppose to be privately owned. I also think that the importers are US citizens who might live in the Houston metropolitan area.

If you are in the New World the chances, I was told of getting one of their old Speedo suits was very rare. However, if you are in Asia or somewhere in the Pacific, you probably had one up until about 5 to 3 years ago. I guess the garment market is begining to leave China because labor has increased. If anyone in Asia reads this, I'd be very interested to know where your Speedos were made. Here inthe US they are still being produced mainly in Mexico with materials made in either Peurto Rico or Honduras.

chris_swims
January 4th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I think the chinese suits are shorter, because the chinese people are all short except that basketball guy Ming.

I like the Fastskin FS-Pro suits the best, like this one: http://djsports.com/productDetails.aspx?styleNumber=7050172

They remind me of the old paper suits!

cowsvils
January 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM
You can also take a look at TYR, they are having a sale on their aquashift suit, I've never experimented with it but you may also want to take a look at that.

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 10th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I think the chinese suits are shorter, because the chinese people are all short except that basketball guy Ming.

I like the Fastskin FS-Pro suits the best, like this one: http://djsports.com/productDetails.aspx?styleNumber=7050172

They remind me of the old paper suits!

I have a leg suit. It is n't any shorter than is a Sp[eedo. I'm 6 ft 6 in. it fits me the same as Speedo.

Yingfa Australia
January 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM
To Craig,
My name is David McCabe and I operate Yingfa in Australia.My swimming credentials are that I was a New South Wales(NSW) State Champion, Australian Age and Open Finalist in the 200m butterfly and in the Surf , I was NSW Junior Belt champion, Australian Junior Belt finalist and a member of a Surf Team which achieved a silver Australian medal.After I finished swimming I obtained a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and then obtained a Law degree and I now coach 30 children in my backyard heated pool, run a legal practice and also now sell YingFa swimming products. Yingfa provides the latest technology in swimwear, in a range of styles and colours which combine quality with affordability.
When the Full suit first came around Brian Sutton ,an Australian Swim Coach was against the idea because it created two classes of swimmers, those athletes whom received sponsored suits and those who could not afford the $600-00 price tag. Brian was of the opinion the sponsored swimmers had an unfair advantage. The Us swim director Dennis Pursley said, "I don't think the issue is when the Australians get the suits -the question in my mind is when the other athletes around the world will have access to those suits". Well that time has arrived and now YingFa can sell a swim suit, at an affordable price, sure it does not have the expensive technological innovations such as the knitted fabric with a tooth shaped surface or the dimpled finish fabric, yet the YingFa suit provides muscle compression , which reduces muscle vibration and this in turn improves performance and reduces fatigue. There are now many brands producing similiar costumes such as eyeline,Rival,sugoi,velomax race suits,nike,The finals,Aqua shift,arena,Tyr,Maru,Diana,addidas and many more.
I trust that clarifies some of the misunderstandings about this issue.
David McCabe

craiglll@yahoo.com
January 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM
To Craig,
My name is David McCabe and I operate Yingfa in Australia.My swimming credentials are that I was a New South Wales(NSW) State Champion, Australian Age and Open Finalist in the 200m butterfly and in the Surf , I was NSW Junior Belt champion, Australian Junior Belt finalist and a member of a Surf Team which achieved a silver Australian medal.After I finished swimming I obtained a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and then obtained a Law degree and I now coach 30 children in my backyard heated pool, run a legal practice and also now sell YingFa swimming products. Yingfa provides the latest technology in swimwear, in a range of styles and colours which combine quality with affordability.
When the Full suit first came around Brian Sutton ,an Australian Swim Coach was against the idea because it created two classes of swimmers, those athletes whom received sponsored suits and those who could not afford the $600-00 price tag. Brian was of the opinion the sponsored swimmers had an unfair advantage. The Us swim director Dennis Pursley said, "I don't think the issue is when the Australians get the suits -the question in my mind is when the other athletes around the world will have access to those suits". Well that time has arrived and now YingFa can sell a swim suit, at an affordable price, sure it does not have the expensive technological innovations such as the knitted fabric with a tooth shaped surface or the dimpled finish fabric, yet the YingFa suit provides muscle compression , which reduces muscle vibration and this in turn improves performance and reduces fatigue. There are now many brands producing similiar costumes such as eyeline,Rival,sugoi,velomax race suits,nike,The finals,Aqua shift,arena,Tyr,Maru,Diana,addidas and many more.
I trust that clarifies some of the misunderstandings about this issue.
David McCabe

This is from the US Craig.
Your story is very different than the one I heard about your company. I'm glad you enterred this post. As I wrote above, I have a pair and they seem to fit exactly like speedos. I think they are very equivalent. Where are your suits made?

Also, while we are on the subject of Australia. there are several great postals throughout our summer time that are a lot of funj. I've done (forgive if this is mispelt) The Baddagginnie Animal. It has great t-shirts. How many people here inthe states have an Australian swim event t-shirt?

Craig J.

craig68
February 19th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Since there were many views of my original question, but only one person that actually owns a Yingfa technical suit, I thought I would circle back with my 'take' on the Yingfa leggings I ordered a few weeks ago. These leggings cost me just $30 a pair, so I feared they might be a complete rip-off, actually slowing me down like those running tights we used to wear in workouts between back-to-back shave and taper meets. But I was pleased.

For all you seasoned veterans of both competition and technical suits, I have these caveats (so you may want to disregard my opinion entirely!).

I have never swum in a technical suit before, so I can't compare to Fastskin - only my own shaved skin.
'retired' from college swimming 18 years ago and only competed a handful of times betweeen 1998 and 2002 since then. In fact, prior to last August I had not swum more than about 30 workouts in the past six years. So I really don't have any way to compare times with and without the Yingfa leggings........After warming up at practice two weeks ago I put them on. I was actually quite surprised at how buoyant and 'friction-less' my legs felt. Still wary that they wouldn't 'work,' I shaved for the meet last weekend and compared them (at least in feel) to my shaved legs for a couple of warm-up sprints. I think they may have felt just a little bit better than the shaved legs, and they certainly did not feel worse. And I matched the times I did ten years ago. I don't know if I can attribute that to my weight workouts, my attempts at EVF and swimming 'downhill', or my new $30 leggings, but I can't imagine they slowed me down.

Are these as fast as Fastskins? 0.02 per 50 slower? 0.2 seconds slower? I have no idea, but I like them. SO, if you've avoided the technical suits because of the price tag, or would like a back-up suit for Nationals in case your Fastskin rips, I would recommend Yingfa shark skins. Just type in 'Yingfa' on ebay and there are hundreds of them.

funkyfish
February 20th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Since there were many views of my original question, but only one person that actually owns a Yingfa technical suit, I thought I would circle back with my 'take' on the Yingfa leggings I ordered a few weeks ago. These leggings cost me just $30 a pair, so I feared they might be a complete rip-off, actually slowing me down like those running tights we used to wear in workouts between back-to-back shave and taper meets. But I was pleased.

For all you seasoned veterans of both competition and technical suits, I have these caveats (so you may want to disregard my opinion entirely!).
I have never swum in a technical suit before, so I can't compare to Fastskin - only my own shaved skin.
'retired' from college swimming 18 years ago and only competed a handful of times betweeen 1998 and 2002 since then. In fact, prior to last August I had not swum more than about 30 workouts in the past six years. So I really don't have any way to compare times with and without the Yingfa leggings........After warming up at practice two weeks ago I put them on. I was actually quite surprised at how buoyant and 'friction-less' my legs felt. Still wary that they wouldn't 'work,' I shaved for the meet last weekend and compared them (at least in feel) to my shaved legs for a couple of warm-up sprints. I think they may have felt just a little bit better than the shaved legs, and they certainly did not feel worse. And I matched the times I did ten years ago. I don't know if I can attribute that to my weight workouts, my attempts at EVF and swimming 'downhill', or my new $30 leggings, but I can't imagine they slowed me down.

Are these as fast as Fastskins? 0.02 per 50 slower? 0.2 seconds slower? I have no idea, but I like them. SO, if you've avoided the technical suits because of the price tag, or would like a back-up suit for Nationals in case your Fastskin rips, I would recommend Yingfa shark skins. Just type in 'Yingfa' on ebay and there are hundreds of them.

That's good to hear, as I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Mine cost $36 with s&h. I too have never used a Fastskin, but don't feel my times are low enough to fork over lots of cash for a suit. I'll try mine out either this March at a local meet or in May at nationals. I figured that since these were similar in price as a retail speedo, what the heck. Does anyone know how many swims I can expect from one suit?

:banana:

craig68
February 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Funkyfish,
I've worn mine six times - two warm-ups and four sprint events. It seems to be in the same shape as when I got it out of the box, so I think it will be good for several more swims...
Craig

Seth_W
July 3rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
Craig,
I have a yingfa sharkskin legskin.

I also have a speedo FS2, FS1, and I have worn an FS PRO

The yingfa suit, much to me and my teammates surprise is actully better than the FS2 and most closely resembles the FS pro. the material is the same and the little shark scales on the yingfa suit are for decoration. I tried this suit out at a summer leauge meet to see if it would work for my taper meet, MA Senior champs. Im only 14 but i still attend the senior meets. Now whenn i wore this suit at the meeet i dropped 3 seconds in my fly which was pretty sweet.
So i would definatly reccomend getting the suit

Ripple
July 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
...They remind me of the old paper suits!
People keep mentioning these paper suits. Were they really made of paper or just something that looked like it? Are they still made anywhere? (I'm not from a swimming background, so I'd never heard of them until recently, and Googling doesn't bring up very much.)

Midas
July 3rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
People keep mentioning these paper suits. Were they really made of paper or just something that looked like it? Are they still made anywhere? (I'm not from a swimming background, so I'd never heard of them until recently, and Googling doesn't bring up very much.)

Not paper--they were just nearly as fragile as if made of paper (well, maybe not "nearly" as fragile, but definitely way more fragile than a regular suit). They felt a lot like an FS Pro suit feels to the touch. You really only wore them for one meet and they were trash.

PArob83
July 4th, 2008, 08:21 AM
you can still get the "paper" suits.. even custom dyed if you order from the right place:-P
though i personally have never used one.

geochuck
July 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I am going to wear a full body Ying Fa suit in Gresham we will see how it goes. I am going to wear this one, here is the picture of the suit.

swimshark
July 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
George, I just ordered one of those but in the women's tank. I'm going to use it as a bak-up to my TYR at Nats.

geochuck
July 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
The one I am going to wear is YingFa Shoulder to ankle following is the blurb from Ying Fa.

This costume is suitable for both males and females

Watertight Swimwear- Competitive swimwear, high in performance that maximise speed in the water and improve glide times by reducing drag and increasing water flow. Made or fastened so that water cannot get in or out.

About $160. US

You may find it is better than the others.

George, I just ordered one of those but in the women's tank. I'm going to use it as a bak-up to my TYR at Nats.

swimshark
July 6th, 2008, 07:11 AM
This is the one I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/YINGFA-compete-womens-swimwear-swimsuit-9121-Fits-30_W0QQitemZ310063559186QQihZ021QQcategoryZ63867QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosti ng

I usually compete in a tank since I do breast and I'm not sure how my legs would react with something around them. My main competition suit is a TYR aquapel clip-back (very hard to find since they discontinued making them)

geochuck
July 6th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I see they had a bid price how much did you end up paying?

geochuck
July 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I just received my YingFa swim suit does it ever fit nice. I changed my mind did not order a full body suit and have a waist to ankle style. I have the waist to ankle style XXL it fits me fine although my belly hangs over a tad. XXL is supposed to fit 34-36 waistand I am a 40 but do not have a huge butt. By the way that is not me in the picture.

Tree
July 24th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I was surprised to know that YingFa has made into the international market. Myself also bought YingFa suit. I had thought this was an entire domestic brand.

swimshark
July 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I see they had a bid price how much did you end up paying?

$18 for my Yingfa. It was a buy it now with free shipping. Mine arrived last week. A bit short on me and I have love handles hanging out the sides but overall very nice fit. I love the green with yellow stitching colors (Oregon Ducks!)

geochuck
March 12th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Just a little note here the Speedo LZR is made in Portugal.

Karen Duggan
March 12th, 2009, 03:53 PM
How does the sizing go?
Do they fit like Speedo, TYR? Speedo always runs "smaller" on me. TYR just right. I just bought a 28 B70 and it fits great.
I was thinking of getting a Yingfa just to try it. The price is right! But I want to know what size to get.
Thanks.

Charge
March 12th, 2009, 04:29 PM
How in the world do you order on their site? Do they only sell through ebay?

qbrain
March 12th, 2009, 04:57 PM
How in the world do you order on their site? Do they only sell through ebay?

Yingfa? They don't have a US distributor, so yes, you buy on ebay.

http://qstarlitswimwear.com (http://qstarlitswimwear.com/)

That is an ebay store, and the guy is in the US (most are shipping from Bejing), so you will have your suit in 3 days.

Don't get the black and orange leg skins, unless you want to be my twin at Zones.

Karen Duggan
March 12th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I was under the impression, perhaps falsely, that FINA was banning the "arms" on suits?

craig68
March 12th, 2009, 05:04 PM
For what it's worth, I wear the same size PS PRO leggings as Yingfa leggings. I don't know if you can assume it would be the same comparison for women's suits.

craiglll@yahoo.com
March 16th, 2009, 12:47 AM
I ordered leg to ankle last year. It came from Houston. I was really surprised by this. I get e-mails form them every once in awhile.

Charge
March 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Karen,
I think they are. I was thinking about ordering the wrist to ankle model, but might just go for a neck to anke.

qstarlit
March 24th, 2009, 10:10 PM
They are about the same, but yingfa sharksin is more durable than speedo fastskin.

Knightswimmer2
March 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I tried one this past weekend...I wasn't impressed at all...

craig68
March 26th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Knightswimmer
What was it that you didn't like? What other suits have you tried? I only have a pair of Yingfa leggings and FS PRO leggings. I wear the Yingfa for fast swims in practice. I save the FS PRO for my big races because I'm just assuming it's a slightly better suit because of the Speedo brand. But I honestly can't tell the difference in how the two suits feel when I am swimming.....

Knightswimmer2
March 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Knightswimmer
What was it that you didn't like? What other suits have you tried? I only have a pair of Yingfa leggings and FS PRO leggings. I wear the Yingfa for fast swims in practice. I save the FS PRO for my big races because I'm just assuming it's a slightly better suit because of the Speedo brand. But I honestly can't tell the difference in how the two suits feel when I am swimming.....

Compared to my other suits( pro full body, nike full body, and fsII legs) it just lacked that feeling like I was going thru the water any faster. I ordered a 28 just like I have with all my other suits(even then I was worried bc of all the size charts made a 28 seem like it was gonna be small on me), the ankles felt really lose, then as soon as i got in the water it just felt like it was absorbing water...I guess my biggest let down was just the material seemed cheap and was no where near comparable to any FSII Ive worn.

It wont be a bad practice suit occasionally but I know for big meets I will be sticking to my PRO

Charge
March 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I get mine this weekend, I will let you all know how it goes.

Karen Duggan
March 27th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Tried my Yingfa last weekend with Strep (unbeknownst to me) and I swam 2 season best times so far!

I really liked it. It fit really snug and was THE most comfortable suit in the crotch (for breaststroke) that I've worn. Even more comfy than the B70. It has some give even though it's snug, so I never feared it would rip. My starts were far better than with the B70 as I'm more tentative (that whole ripping possibility).

Very comfortable. I bought a large but may go down to a medium. Hell, I can buy 10 for the price of a LZR!

My favorite suit EVER for speed and price. (I also got it for $53 in two days with tax and shipping). www.swimdownhill.com

I think the B70 is still a hair faster, just a hair, but this price can't be beat. This will be my racing suit throughout the season from now on. And I'll wear the B70 for Pacific champs and Natls. Thanks for the tip George : ]

JoeBob
March 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I swam like a rock in my Yingfa jammers over the weekend but it was all me. The suit fits great and I've raced in B70, FS2, and AquaShift. Tough to beat for the money.

qbrain
March 29th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I wore yingfa legskins the second day of a two day meet. The first day I wore practice briefs because some idiot forgot to put my racing suit in my bag.

The first day, I had the 100 free and dropped over 1.5 seconds without the suit.

The second day, I had the 50 free and dropped over 1 second with the suit.

Day one, I felt fast and smooth in the water. Day two, I wanted to go back to bed because I felt so sluggish in the water.

The suit deserves some credit, but I am not sure how much. I dropped time across the board at this meet, but I did not swim intelligently if that makes sense. So the suit might deserve credit for .5 second drop in the 50 or maybe just .2.

My time comparisons are from a meet 30 days earlier when I was unshaved, untapered. Since the suit is so inexpensive, I will probably do some more experimentation and try to figure out how much benefit it actually provides.

KEWebb18
March 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
This is good to hear people's experiences with the suit. I have been considering buying one, but still want to hear more about it.

Donna
March 29th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I just ordered one. I need another suit and the price is right.

I look forward to using it for some of my swims at Nationals.

Karen Duggan
April 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
I've had a lot of 'Creekers ask me for the information. It's becoming popular.

orca1946
April 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Thanx for the info, I'll check them out.

Karen Duggan
April 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM
If the B70 is "banned" for SC Natls I'll be wearing the Yingfa.

imspoiled
April 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM

Karen-
Is the Ying Fa suit you got made out of LZR-like material or is it more like a FS-PRO?

mpmartin
April 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM

You mean for this year's nationals? Why would it be banned?

thewookiee
April 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Karen- from the information sent to me from a retailer of B-70's, ALL suit suits will be legal until Dec, 31, 2009. After that, who knows...so your B70 will be fine for sc nats.

craig68
April 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
imspoiled,
The material on the Yingfa leggings I have are not like the material for my FS PROs. I think they are more like Fastskin or Fastskin 2s. More stretchy like lycra, whereas the PROs are more like the paper suits of the 80s and 90s......

Karen Duggan
April 7th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hey im :)

I've never had anything but a Speedo S2000, aka the cat suit, back in 1995! I can't answer, but it looks like Craig did.

Good to know the BS will be good through the end of the year. :D

USMSarah
April 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
I've never had anything but a Speedo S2000, aka the cat suit, back in 1995!

The S2000 is still my fave fast suit! Wish they still made them... ;)

Karen Duggan
April 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Me too. I loved that suit.

KEWebb18
April 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
The S2000 is still my fave fast suit! Wish they still made them... ;)

I was so excited when I got my S2000!!!! I wore that thing out!

I got my Yingfa suit in the mail yesterday off of ebay--straight from China--I had planned to wear it at zones but am going to have to save it since I can't go now. I also have a FSii that I am going to wear and compare the 2 suits to each other.

qbrain
April 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I got my Yingfa suit in the mail yesterday off of ebay--straight from China--

How long did it take to arrive from China?

KEWebb18
April 10th, 2009, 05:43 PM
It took 10 days. If I like it and want to order another one, I will go through George. The price was lower than what he charges (even with the shipping), but I didn't like having to wait and not being sure if I was going to get it. I think that George's prices are more fair in terms of how quickly you get the suit and also he is a fellow masters swimmer so we should support him.

qstarlit
November 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
We are shipping from USA. In most cases you can get your YINGFA or NSA suits in 2-3 days.

http://www.qstarlit.com

Thanks

skidroses
November 25th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Well I think Yingfa can be the best choice in terms of durability but I will give strength to Speedo

racinbugs
November 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Any one know if they will be legal for 2010? Just ordered a pair of Jammers myself!

geochuck
December 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
YingFa's are approved three suits yesterday and several more before Jan 10th.

Any one know if they will be legal for 2010? Just ordered a pair of Jammers myself!

racinbugs
December 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
YingFa's are approved three suits yesterday and several more before Jan 10th.

Wich suits did they approve for 2010? I bought a YingFa "aquablde" and love it. I want to buy a Sharkskin, but want to make sure its going to be legal. Its only 1% different than a Fastskin, so I wouldnt think there would be a problem.
I am very happy with the aquablade. Better quality than I expected, as good as any other suit I've had (and better than some!) And cant beat the price for sure!!!:applaud:

geochuck
December 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
The female version Aqablade #925 is approved the male version of Aqablade #9205 is now approved. #975 female has been presented to Fina. The sharkskin version #937 female neck to knee is approved and the male style jammers #9102 is also approved.. Just found out FINA now charges $5000.00 to process a suitapprove a suit

Wich suits did they approve for 2010? I bought a YingFa "aquablde" and love it. I want to buy a Sharkskin, but want to make sure its going to be legal. Its only 1% different than a Fastskin, so I wouldnt think there would be a problem.
I am very happy with the aquablade. Better quality than I expected, as good as any other suit I've had (and better than some!) And cant beat the price for sure!!!:applaud:

swim53
December 26th, 2009, 09:53 AM
They approve them on a day by day basis? I like the prices!

firebah
April 9th, 2011, 01:52 PM
You may want to check the labels on your Speedo and TYR suits. They are not made in the USA... My tags say 'Made in China'.

geochuck
April 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I know the plant where the speedos are made. Yes it is in China. They did make some of their Hi Tech suits in Brazil also

geochuck
April 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM
No more FINA approved Suits until July 1st, unless they make a deal with one or more of the companies.

Bobinator
April 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I love my Yingfa; the best deal I've ever gotten in a swimsuit!
The girl's run small. I wore a 24 BlueSeventy but was advised to get a large yingfa. It ended up being too big although I still wear it to race. I'm planning to order a medium soon.

ourswimmer
April 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I am frugal, and wanted to love my Yingfa. But in the interest of full exposure, I mean disclosure, I must report that in my team's admittedly limited sample (5 wearers), the incidence of wardrobe malfunction stands at 60%. They are narrow in the chest.

jaadams1
April 10th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I am frugal, and wanted to love my Yingfa. But in the interest of full exposure, I mean disclosure, I must report that in my team's admittedly limited sample (5 wearers), the incidence of wardrobe malfunction stands at 60%. They are narrow in the chest.

That doesn't bother me any since my jammer doesn't go up past my waist!! :banana: I have plenty of full exposure.

knelson
April 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM
They are narrow in the chest.

Let's face it, they're designed for Chinese physiques!

I wore my new Yingfa yesterday and I think it's a nice suit. I'm sure it doesn't have quite the aerodynamics of the really expensive suits--it does have several seams, after all. You certainly can't beat it for the price. Since I've only worn it one day I can't really comment on durability yet, but heck even if it stretches out quickly it will make a good practice suit.

As for sizing I ordered an XL and it went on very easily, so that probably means it's a little too big. I'll usually buy a 32 for a racing suit. I have a narrow waist but wider hips, so I can't really buy a smaller suit and get it over my butt. I have a feeling the L would might cause some crack exposure, though. They definitely have a low rise. One thing I really like is the drawstring is nice and long. The string in my Speedo FS Pro is so short I can just barely tie it.

That Guy
April 11th, 2011, 12:17 AM
I'd like to go back to a time when I hadn't read the preceding two posts. And just this evening I made a rule against time travel on this forum! Regrets... I have them

geochuck
April 11th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Seams are there for a reason, they redirect water flow.

And some people are built to wear enduras.

Karen Duggan
April 11th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I wore my Yingfa most of this weekend. It wasn't the cause of my poor swimming that's for sure.

I still have the one from a year ago and it's going strong.

I have a couple of teammates who are going to order some more from you George. Be ready!

IMHO it is the fastest suit available for the money. And I still contest that it's only a hair slower than the B70.
I can't compare it to any Speedo since I quit wearing them when they quit making the S2000 (my favorite suit).

RachaelM
April 11th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I recently purchased a Yingfa suit from George and used it during Zones. I had been hesitant to put the money into a tech suit before, so the Yingfa's affordability removed that concern. I swam great in it. Of course, I have nothing to compare it to, but I am happy with my purchase.

ande
April 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I'm sure it doesn't have quite the aerodynamics of the really expensive suits

don't you mean aquadynamics? or hydrodynamics?

Let's face it, they're designed for Chinese physiques!

I wore my new Yingfa yesterday and I think it's a nice suit. I'm sure it doesn't have quite the aerodynamics of the really expensive suits--it does have several seams, after all. You certainly can't beat it for the price. Since I've only worn it one day I can't really comment on durability yet, but heck even if it stretches out quickly it will make a good practice suit.

As for sizing I ordered an XL and it went on very easily, so that probably means it's a little too big. I'll usually buy a 32 for a racing suit. I have a narrow waist but wider hips, so I can't really buy a smaller suit and get it over my butt. I have a feeling the L would might cause some crack exposure, though. They definitely have a low rise. One thing I really like is the drawstring is nice and long. The string in my Speedo FS Pro is so short I can just barely tie it.

knelson
April 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
don't you mean aquadynamics? or hydrodynamics?

Technically, yes, but from a fluid mechanics standpoint air and water behave similarly. The only difference is the physical properties of the fluids (air vs. water). Things like viscosity and density.

Back on topic, another rave for George's great customer service. My order came very quickly and George sent me a PM telling me it was on its way hours after I submitted my order!

bjcarter
April 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I wore mine this weekend for the first time at PMS SC champs. It held up well. No issues. I spoke with a couple of people who had a general interest in them as a result of reading this forum. All seemed poised to give them a try. Body type is an issue. I'm pretty lean (right now)- 6'2" 185ish and an XL fits perfectly. Still, they take some getting used to. They sit low on your backside (just above the crack on me) and just about an inch and one-half maybe two above my "private area" on the front side. Their kind of like the low rise jeans kids are wearing these days. That can be a little disconcerting for some, I suppose. ;) Obviously, I won't be wearing them to work any time soon but for a race, they're a pretty nice low cost alternative for swimmers on a budget...

Just my two cents...

jaadams1
April 11th, 2011, 08:05 PM
they're a pretty nice low cost alternative for swimmers on a budget...

That's exactly why I use them!!! I may just use them as workout suits as well...they're almost cheap enough...or after I use them long enough in meets, they'll just become my workout suits.

pwb
April 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
That's exactly why I use them!!! I may just use them as workout suits as well...they're almost cheap enough...or after I use them long enough in meets, they'll just become my workout suits.That's exactly my plan ... I'll use them on fast workout days once my old B70s have completely bitten the dust.

:soapbox: Though, I am saving one gently used Nero Comp in a safe place for the day when swimming moves out of its current Luddite phase and re-approves 21st century technology

funkyfish
April 11th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I've had one pair of Yingfa jammers for about 2 years now, and have worn them for a total of 6 meets. I just completed a meet this past Saturday and they were fine. I noticed that the water still beads off when I was rinsing them off. I've got no complaints.
:bouncing:

shyswimmer
April 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
This is the one I got
http://cgi.ebay.com/YINGFA-compete-womens-swimwear-swimsuit-9121-Fits-30_W0QQitemZ310063559186QQihZ021QQcategoryZ63867QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosti ng

I know the post is old but thanks for suggesting ebay. I totally forgot I can save some money there.

geochuck
April 12th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Shipping can cost a big buck. I just checked Ebay the shipping rates on a suit $18.50 + cost of suit.