PDA

View Full Version : Workout management software?

hmlee
January 3rd, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey everybody... so I have a question and I'm hoping someone out here has some ideas. I was wondering if anyone knew of any computer programs that can help keep tabs on workouts... I know there is software out there that does stuff for nutrition, and that's all spiffy, but I have yet to find a good program for workouts (especially for those in the pool)...

Ideal things I'd like in a program:

Basic ability to keep track of distance/time lengths of my sessions in the pool. If it had the ability to keep track of splits for interval training and the like, that would be fantastic, but perhaps that gets my hopes up too high...

Perhaps an ability to chart my lifting in the weight room so I can figure out where my strength training needs improvement...

Hell, if it was bundled with a nutrition program that'd be even better, but not totally necessary.

I know I could just do all this myself in a spreadsheet, but that would take quite a while, and I'm not sure that I'd be able to maintain it... so, any ideas?

blainesapprentice
January 3rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
i don't know of any software per say, but the Go the Distance masters fitness activity that they have has a spreadsheet for you...that you can find on the link..that is used for monitoring your daily yardage/mileage.

geochuck
January 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
Here is a good one - www.swim-log.co.uk

A.K.
January 5th, 2008, 09:32 PM
i don't know of any software per say, but the Go the Distance masters fitness activity that they have has a spreadsheet for you...that you can find on the link..that is used for monitoring your daily yardage/mileage.

Sorry, but where is the link?

benuphoff
March 26th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I have released a free workout log application for Android called SwimDraft (https://market.android.com/details?id=uphoff.app&feature=search_result). It was written with Masters swimmers (like me!) in mind. You can also take a look at this site (http://swimdraft.wordpress.com) for more information.