PDA

View Full Version : anti-fog?

smontanaro
January 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
The thread on goggles got me to wondering: Is there an actual honest-to-goodness decent anti-fog solution for goggles? The anti-fog coating on the goggles I use (Tyr Socket Rocket 2.0) lasts for about one swim. After that I do the spit thing, but they still fog up. :violin:

Is there any real solution?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

Rob Copeland
January 4th, 2008, 12:21 PM
A drop of baby shampoo rubbed on the lens will do the trick. And it contains a few less germs then spit.

jim clemmons
January 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Skip,

I've been using the Speedo anti-fog for a few years now. Once the factory a-f disappears, just rinse with clean water after use, spray on the Speedo stuff, drain the excess and let it dry after each swim. Don't touch the interior of the lens with anything including your fingers otherwise the surface will deteriorate.

I had started out using the Tyr Drops but (IMO) I've found the Speedo a-f superior.

fanstone
January 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Wash with Baby Shampoo to take away the grease, then apply the anti-fog stuff. I also take two or three goggles with me to the pool and leave them at the side. If one gets foggy, I change it, because I am obsessed and don't like to swim with foggy goggles. Presently I am using a squirt type anti fog, but my last one was a spread on type, I believe Speedo brand. Without the washing with shampoo the anti fog won't work, because it won't penetrate the grease that you acquire while swimming. When I was in college we use to use to rub cigarette tobacco to prevent fogging of the windshield on the old Volkswagen beetle. I guess smoking and the beetle have become outdated. I don't think swimmers will have any cigarettes available to try and use it to prevent fogging....billy (loved those Benson&Hedges) fanstone

chris_swims
January 4th, 2008, 04:05 PM
i am using the speedo antifog stuff that i got from djsports.com it works really well:)

carol58
January 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I have a small squeeze bottle with my swim gear and it contains about a 50-50 mix of dish detergent and water. I rub in a few drops, rinse briefly and it keeps my mask or goggles clear for an hour of swimming.