PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Swim Plan

geochuck
January 5th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Have you tried Swim Plan yet. I have and it plans out some great swim workouts for anyone. I like it, it is easy and quick.

http://www.swimplan.com/

notsofast
January 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I like the idea better than the execution.
It gives you the option to customize workouts for strokes and pool toys, so if you want a workout that uses fins and has backstroke but not breaststroke, you can do that. However, the customizing really looks like an afterthought - if you add backstroke to a workout, the site just seems to take a freestyle interval and tells you to do back instead, adding a couple of seconds per 50 to the workout time. And the non-free stroke tends to be in the warm-up or cool-down, not during the main workout, at least in my experience.
Also, I like the idea of recording and tracking your times on the site. However, you can only record times for one stroke, as far as I can see. I'd like to record times for several strokes. I'd also like to be able to record times for customized workouts, like kicking sets.
I still use it when I need to find a half-hour workout fast.

mermaid
January 5th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I took a look at it - plugged in info in various combinations on a daily basis for a couple of weeks in a row. The workouts always came out "vanilla" - sometimes it would be "natural vanilla" other times it was "french vanilla" - bottom line: Although it was Ice Cream, it was still vanilla.

geochuck
January 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I like vanilla ice cream.

mermaid
January 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM
My point - I love ice cream & vanilla is delicious but I really love chocolate & stuff in it. I love swimming & freestyle is good but I really love strokes & drills & stuff in it.

indyswimbag
January 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
just registered...might be nice to see what they come up with for a distance/im/breast person like myself...I think that I will use it for a blueprint and do a little refining to make the intervals a little tougher...still it is nice not to have to make up my own workouts every now and again...thanks

new
January 6th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Even though im not a swim coach I like to plan my own workouts, I might regiter to get ideas, but would never follow the whole plan.

geochuck
January 6th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I just take what they offer and then make my changes to suit myself.