PDA

View Full Version : how low is low?

Mc Yummy
January 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
hi guys, i'm 30 years old, fit and in good shape, i just started swimming, i recently bought speedo jammers for my training, though i have old speedo square trunks, my new ones are 32 inches, my old ones are 30 inches, i could still wear my old ones but i just want to ask the old timers here, how low is low when it comes to wearing your speedo's? is there a proper etiquette when wearing trunks? 'coz i see models in speedo ads in the internet who wears them really low :confused:

Rob Copeland
January 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
If you plan on swimming in the suit, pull it up and cover your butt. If you want to prance around with your goggles around your neck (like the models) then the low rider look is in.

mermaid
January 5th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Ummm - keep your junk under your trunks

scyfreestyler
January 6th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I've always been a John Cougar Mellencamp fan myself..."Let it all hang out".

Kidding, just kidding...or am I? :blush:

Anyhow, the racing suits such as the Fastskin II tend to ride lower. My Endurance Jammers ride lower than your typical swim trunks but the FSII takes that to another level. Surprised me a bit the first time I wore that suit, but it is what it is.

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 10:20 AM
thanks for the replies, basically i just wanted to know if it's too much or not :) anyway the new ones really do ride low (endurance jammers)

CreamPuff
January 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
If we can see your crack, take it back.
:laugh2:

aztimm
January 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I think if you have to ask, you already know the answer.

For some reason, it seems that some guys want to wear a jammer, thinking they get more coverage from it. Sure, on their legs they do. But they forget that it may ride lower, and it seems the material is thinner and/or not lined, so they are actually getting less coverage where it really counts.

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
If we can see your crack, take it back.
:laugh2:

:lmao: nah...it hasn't reached to that point yet :p

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I think if you have to ask, you already know the answer.

For some reason, it seems that some guys want to wear a jammer, thinking they get more coverage from it. Sure, on their legs they do. But they forget that it may ride lower, and it seems the material is thinner and/or not lined, so they are actually getting less coverage where it really counts.

well actually i don't, i'm asking because i don't really wear speedos, honestly i don't even know how to wear them, i keep on pulling them up to my waistline but when i do that it gives me a male camel toe :rofl:

i know it's embarassing to admit but that's the truth :)

CreamPuff
January 7th, 2008, 02:01 PM
:lmao: nah...it hasn't reached to that point yet :p

Then I think you're good to go!

BTW, I saw an age grouper's goods on Sat when I swam with the kids.
Not by choice. Was going second in my lane.
I was not offended and neither was anyone else (as much as I was aware of.)
He was seriously built. No muffin top.

A male camel toe!? Woa!

SwimStud
January 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
well actually i don't, i'm asking because i don't really wear speedos, honestly i don't even know how to wear them, i keep on pulling them up to my waistline but when i do that it gives me a male camel toe :rofl:

Umm try dressing to one side...if you're really that uncomfortable about how your junk looks in lycra...wear baggies into the pool and leave them on the side while you swim in your skimpys...

Lecherous!

CreamPuff
January 7th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Umm try dressing to one side...if you're really that uncomfortable about how your junk looks in lycra...wear baggies into the pool and leave them on the side while you swim in your skimpys...

Lecherous!

Just reportin' the facts sir. :mooning:

It was a "you had to be there" moment. I, of course, noticed this guy right away. I was trying hard to look the other way (hard to do when we're on deck going from a dive.) But leave it to one of the young gals to poke at me and shout, "Wow! Look at that! It's like a bandaid!" (referring to this guy's suit.)

:lmao:

SwimStud
January 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM

It was a "you had to be there" moment. I, of course, noticed this guy right away. I was trying hard to look the other way (hard to do when we're on deck going from a dive.) But leave it to one of the young gals to poke at me and shout, "Wow! Look at that! It's like a bandaid!" (referring to this guy's suit.)

Haha that's funny.
You'll never see me "looking" on deck...too busy psyching myself up for the race...

CreamPuff
January 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Haha that's funny.
You'll never see me "looking" on deck...too busy psyching myself up for the race...

Aren't you a Serious Sally.

I better quit while I'm ahead. I mean behind.
:rofl:

aztimm
January 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM

If you buy a typical racing suit (with 3" sides), you should be fine. I've rarely have issues with positioning my suit, other than a recent Fastsking Brief I got as a gift (which I still haven't worn in public, saving it for a meet I guess). Generally, it should fit similar to the way you wear brief-style underwear.

I typically wear a Kiefer mesh drag suit over my regular suit anyway. The drag suit goes up a little higher, and down a little lower than a regular suit, but being that it is mesh (even though 2 layers), I wouldn't want to wear it alone.

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Then I think you're good to go!

A male camel toe!? Woa!

well if that's okay with you then i guess i'm good to go...i was just really worried that some parent would see it differently, well that's just what i have in mind, i really wouldn't know, but just to play it safe, i wanted to ask first :) thanks!

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Lecherous!

thanks for the advice, i've been doing that for years :D but like what my friend told me, i should just get used to it since people around the pool is already used to it, no need to be shy :agree:

Mc Yummy
January 7th, 2008, 03:39 PM
If you buy a typical racing suit (with 3" sides), you should be fine. I've rarely have issues with positioning my suit, other than a recent Fastsking Brief I got as a gift (which I still haven't worn in public, saving it for a meet I guess). Generally, it should fit similar to the way you wear brief-style underwear.

I typically wear a Kiefer mesh drag suit over my regular suit anyway. The drag suit goes up a little higher, and down a little lower than a regular suit, but being that it is mesh (even though 2 layers), I wouldn't want to wear it alone.

thanks sir :)

2fish&1whale
January 7th, 2008, 05:27 PM

:DOMG-thats what my 12 year old does too!
He has split so many lycra jammers in the back because he pulls them up so high for fear of letting it all hang out like most pre-teen boys seem to prefer, so we have now switched to Endurance-they seem to survive the abuse a bit longer.
Our family joke is, if someone invented suspenders for jammers, our son would be the first to try'em.

aztimm
January 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM

I'm assuming there was no 'shrinkage'...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hamptons_%28Seinfeld_episode%29
;)

Slowswim
January 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
:D...he pulls them up so high for fear of letting it all hang out ...

I had this issue too. I hated my jammers because they slid down the front. I tried to "hook" them on the top my hip bones, but that was unreliable and uncomfortable.

I believe it was Peg who said that jammers just wrap lycra on your thighs which really isn't any added modesty. So I tried briefs and think they are the most comfortable and easier to hike up as needed.

At the pools I swim at, the majority of guys wear jammers, but a significant portion wear briefs. So no one really cares. The ones that get the funny looks are the ones in baggies or board shorts.