PDA

View Full Version : bodyskin vs kneeskin technical suits

blainesapprentice
January 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Hey!

I am ordering my championship suit and was wondering what you guys think of both the legskin and the kneeskin. I have worn the record breaker knee skin for most of my competitions (championship) but have never tried the bodyskin.

At championships I will probably be swimming the 200 and 500free and either the 100fly or 100free. As well as a variety of freestyle relays.

Any suggestions?

some_girl
January 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
I've raced in both and--for fly especially--I prefer body over knee. Not only do I think for both strokes it suits you to have compression all the way down, but that tightness right over the knee drives me nuts.

Kurt Dickson
January 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
I generally prefer legskin. I like jammer type if I'm doing breastroke (slowly of course). Body suits are probably the best but I just have an issue with asking another guy to "zip me up."

ourswimmer
January 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
I race freestyle (200 and longer) and backstroke and I prefer the ankle-length over the knee length. I am still not sure whether I prefer the zip-up torso or the open back with straps, because the necessary experiments are a little expensive.

The Fortress
January 23rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
bodyskin definitely! zip up is probably faster, but I've swum with the open back too.

blainesapprentice
January 23rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
I race freestyle (200 and longer) and backstroke and I prefer the ankle-length over the knee length. I am still not sure whether I prefer the zip-up torso or the open back with straps, because the necessary experiments are a little expensive.

I actually have both the hi neck (zip up) and the recordbreaker back in the kneeskin...and I actually really like the zip up one but its not a fastskin and also I am very paranoid that its gonna unzip under all that pressure (aka tightness). I've only ever had the record breaker back for the fastskin II.

You all have convinced me to buy the legskin. The price difference right now is only $20 so its probably worth it..and if I completely hate it, I do have a kneeskin that could be used again.

Are Aqua shifts banned in masters swimming? Because those are also on sale and I thought I might order one of those for the future just to have since its so cheap at the moment.