PDA

View Full Version : Stretching routines

cowsvils
January 27th, 2008, 09:57 PM
So apparently my flexibility needs work, which is something that I have known for a while and just needed someone to tell me in order to begin to change it. Does anyone have some good total body stretching routines that are relatively quick? Sorry in advance if this belongs in the workout section.

3strokes
January 27th, 2008, 11:58 PM
So apparently my flexibility needs work, which is something that I have known for a while and just needed someone to tell me in order to begin to change it. Does anyone have some good total body stretching routines that are relatively quick? Sorry in advance if this belongs in the workout section.

There are myriad stretches out there. My advise is:
Do NOT stretch cold muscles. Stretch after your workouts (water or dryland).
:2cents: :canada:

Slowswim
January 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I stretch after the workout in the jacuzzi. My Pecs, shoulders and low back are tight so I do a pec stretch (Interlaced fingers behind your back and pull down) also I get in a proper streamline arm position (Hands together, arms straight biceps on your ears.

I do both of these with submerged up to my chin. These have really helped my flexibility.

Good Luck

I guess for my low back I should do more shooters!:rofl:

geochuck
January 28th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I am not much into stretching but did find this very interesting http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/flexibilitytraining.html

TRYM_Swimmer
January 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Find a beginner Yoga class. Not one of those bizarre ones with the hot temps or the power names. A good thing to look for is a teacher associated with Iyengar.