PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talk

Allen Stark
January 30th, 2008, 09:02 PM
While my personal view is that trash talking is unnecessary and counter productive,none the less it seems some good natured trash talking is beginning in the kicking thread.Since not everyone is interested in how important kicking is,but everyone is interested in the S(he) Man/Knelson battle of the Titans,not to mention the Muppet/Fort demolition derby,I thought it should have it's own thread.So,go ahead,make my day.

The Fortress
January 30th, 2008, 09:25 PM
The first phrase of that first sentence was psycho-babble, you duck footed butterfrogger. :)

pwolf66
January 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I would challenge someone but there's no one in my weight class. So cower all you skinny girly-men and flee before me.

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

geochuck
January 30th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Lots of trash talk here for sure. I once decided not to post anymore because of it.

The Fortress
January 30th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Lots of trash talk here for sure. I once decided not to post anymore because of it.

:mooning::mooning::mooning::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb :

Don't read, George. Just sip margaritas.

Allen Stark
January 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM
The first phrase of that first sentence was psycho-babble, you duck footed butterfrogger. :)
Fort,I start a thread on trash talk and the first thing you do is compliment me.

CreamPuff
January 31st, 2008, 08:25 AM
I'm quickly realizing what a sheltered life I've had. . . :rofl::rofl:

geochuck
January 31st, 2008, 08:43 AM
The garbage man cometh!!!

I will bet this thread will be moved to that everdreaded place known as NSR. NONE SWIMMING - RELATED DISCUSSIONS.

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 08:55 AM
What is sport without trash talking? Who wants to jump in a cold pool at 5 am if you can't talk smack for the entire workout?

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM
What is sport without trash talking? Who wants to jump in a cold pool at 5 am if you can't talk smack for the entire workout?

Hmm I can take crap and give it at 5pm... 5am would make me a bit unpredictable...

shark
January 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM

5am, cheah? I'm already done and showered by then.

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Hmm I can take crap and give it at 5pm... 5am would make me a bit unpredictable...

I'm gonna give you a free pass on the set-up you laid out for us with this posting.

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I would challenge someone but there's no one in my weight class. So cower all you skinny girly-men and flee before me.

How come the big tough power lifter can't kick worth a damn, eh?

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm gonna give you a free pass on the set-up you laid out for us with this posting.

ah you can tell St Val's is around the corner...the new, softer, gentler, Spring Fresh Geek...

If I am awake at 5am I better be grinning inanely and/or staggering in...

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 09:21 AM
How come the big tough power lifter can't kick worth a damn, eh?

Haha The Fortninator

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 09:25 AM
Haha The Fortninator

Better a dominatrix than a pretty boy who wears purple.

I'm sure one day in the very very distant future, Power Paul will be able to SDK enough to make a 100 fly.

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 09:26 AM

As a charter member of the girly-man skin and bones club let me say we take great pleasure in stomping on the lunkhead meat head weightlifters. The bigger and more muscle bound you are, the greater the pleasure of watching the flailing.

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 09:31 AM
As a charter member of the girly-man skin and bones club let me say we take great pleasure in stomping on the lunkhead meat head weightlifters. The bigger and more muscle bound you are, the greater the pleasure of watching the flailing.

Just be happy that noodlers don't compete in USMS. Someone might mistake you for a noodle, grab you and ride you like a seahorse in the deep end while doing waterweight curls...

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 09:33 AM
Better a dominatrix than a pretty boy who wears purple.

You'll be ok at domme until it comes to the bullwhip...with your dodgy shoulders from all that sloppy technique...you might not be able to "whip it" so well...

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM
You'll be ok at domme until it comes to the bullwhip...with your dodgy shoulders from all that sloppy technique...you might not be able to "whip it" so well...

Ah, but my right shoulder is fully functional and I just happen to be right handed.

Despite my "sloppy technique," I can actually do a backstroke turn. Unlike some. I can do a backstroke start too. Unlike certain others who are challenged in this area.

shark
January 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM
I can actually do a backstroke turn.

Open turns don't count.

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 09:51 AM
Open turns don't count.

You must have mistaken me for Stud.

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 09:55 AM
Ah, but my right shoulder is fully functional and I just happen to be right handed.

Despite my "sloppy technique," I can actually do a backstroke turn. Unlike some. I can do a backstroke start too. Unlike certain others who are challenged in this area.

oh low blow... low blow... still... I don't blame crappy swims on wall at lane 1 or 10...:thhbbb: lol

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 10:01 AM
oh low blow... low blow... still... I don't blame crappy swims on wall at lane 1 or 10...:thhbbb: lol

I'm not familiar with those lanes, aren't they for the slow swimmers?

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 10:02 AM

or sandbaggers who get caught out in the shuffle...Geek...the small, shallow really warm pool is the therapy pool... being first across the 10 yards wearing a stryofoam girdle is not a USMS sanctioned event... but you keep up the good work!

shark
January 31st, 2008, 10:06 AM

No, just breaststrokers. WHOA!

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 10:25 AM
No, just breaststrokers. WHOA!

And distance freestylers going in slow mo.

I'll happily swim in lane 1 at the U of Md. Otherwise, I'm happy to be a bare wall bitch.

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 AM
being first across the 10 yards wearing a stryofoam girdle is not a USMS sanctioned event... but you keep up the good work!

Too bad it's not sanctioned, you might actually beat your 1:08 time if you only had to swim 40 yards.

Paul Smith
January 31st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Would calling Jeff Commings a big wussy this morning for showing up 10 minutes before the end of practice so he could interview Amanda beard be considered trash talking....I mean really Jeff...at least do the warm up and get out early...

Oh and funny how Sam Perry 1 week post shoulder surgery just happened to stop by the pool around the same time....I guess my comment about how fat he's gotten after being out for a week was probably not the nicest thing to say...

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Would calling Jeff Commings a big wussy this morning for showing up 10 minutes before the end of practice so he could interview Amanda beard be considered trash talking....I mean really Jeff...at least do the warm up and get out early...

Oh and funny how Sam Perry 1 week post shoulder surgery just happened to stop by the pool around the same time....I guess my comment about how fat he's gotten after being out for a week was probably not the nicest thing to say...

LOL Did you let Amanda try your Tu-tu on?

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM

I'm sure he had surgery just to avoid swimming on your medley relay in Austin.

Wearing 1 or 2 snorkels today, Paul?

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Too bad it's not sanctioned, you might actually beat your 1:08 time if you only had to swim 40 yards.

non trash post : the Styrofoam girdle race would make a good event for a fun-day!

Paul Smith
January 31st, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm sure he had surgery just to avoid swimming on your medley relay in Austin.

Wearing 1 or 2 snorkels today, Paul?

Today sucked, I'm completely broken down right now (which means the 200 back and 500 free this weekend will be a blast)....long recovery workout so i put on every toy i could find (my tutu works as a drag suit so I went with the mini skirt instead) and played caboose in the lane...it worked for awhile till coach got pissed and threw me a 10lb medicine ball for the 8 minutes of vertical kicking...he mumbled some trash talk as well but i can't repeat it on a public forum.

I was actually glad Sam & Jeff stopped by so I could sit on the wall, talk smack and get out of the last 400!

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 10:54 AM
It worked for awhile till coach got pissed and threw me a 10lb medicine ball for the 8 minutes of vertical kicking...

Well, we'll assume your abs are better than Power Paul's then.

Anyone buy that nonsense about Ande swimming a 400 IM?

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 05:35 PM
Um, ANYONE'S abs are better than mine.

Put on 30 pounds, then we'll see how fast you can swim. Swimming this fast at this size is something you 'fitness' freaks just couldn't handle. SS might understand but then there's that whole 'fast' thing. As for kicking, I can kick, but with shoulders like mine it just seems silly.

And if that start comment was directed at me :thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb:

30.28 50y last weekend. So kiss my non-feet-sliding-down-the-wall-at-the-start butt. :duel: Now if only I didn't have this problem with flip turns too close to the wall. :doh:

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 05:44 PM
Um, ANYONE'S abs are better than mine.

Put on 30 pounds, then we'll see how fast you can swim. Swimming this fast at this size is something you 'fitness' freaks just couldn't handle. SS might understand but then there's that whole 'fast' thing. As for kicking, I can kick, but with shoulders like mine it just seems silly.

And if that start comment was directed at me :thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb::thhbbb:

30.28 50y last weekend. So kiss my non-feet-sliding-down-the-wall-at-the-start butt. :duel: Now if only I didn't have this problem with flip turns too close to the wall. :doh:

I could out SDK you with a 30 pound weight attached. :banana:

29.80 at the November Open with a midling turn and a foot less in height. :thhbbb::lolup: Gawd, I can't believe you're getting beat by a girl. Kirk appears to think this is impossible. Wait till (S)he-man tears him apart.

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Gawd, I can't believe you're getting beat by a girl

Puny girl mock Hulk, puny girl anger Hulk, Hulk SMASH puny girl.

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
I could out SDK you with a 30 pound weight attached. :banana:

Hmm, do I hear a challenge? I've got a nice 25 pound plate that I can spray paint your name on and a nice belt with a clip on it that we can just wrap around that little ole waist of yours. Just lemme know when and where.

knelson
January 31st, 2008, 06:05 PM
Kirk appears to think this is impossible. Wait till (S)he-man tears him apart.

What's this? Trash talk by proxy?

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
What's this? Trash talk by proxy?

Allen didn't say that was banned. Don't we get to place bets and cheer in grudge races? Or do we just ooh and ah? Of course, if (S)he-Man keeps being Miss Nicey McNice, she might need more than 5 seconds.

Chris Stevenson
January 31st, 2008, 06:57 PM
Allen didn't say that was banned. Don't we get to place bets and cheer in grudge races? Or do we just ooh and ah? Of course, if (S)he-Man keeps being Miss Nicey McNice, she might need more than 5 seconds.

Well, I have to give a slight edge to Kirk in the pre-race trash talk war but neither has been impressive. I guess they let their swimming do the talking...sheesh, how boring is that?

Hulk Paul and Fortress, on the other hand, have taken it to a new level -- bravo! Too close to call at this point, I think, though I think Fort has pulled ahead.

Jeff Roddin, are you lurking out there? You got me to enter the *!&#! 400IM next weekend with some private trash talk...care to take it public?

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 07:01 PM
Well, I have to give a slight edge to Kirk in the pre-race trash talk war but neither has been impressive. I guess they let their swimming do the talking...sheesh, how boring is that?

Hulk Paul and Fortress, on the other hand, have taken it to a new level -- bravo! Too close to call at this point, I think, though I think Fort has pulled ahead.

Jeff Roddin, are you lurking out there? You got me to enter the *!&#! 400IM next weekend with some private trash talk...care to take it public?

Oh are you another one in JR's and my age group that makes it impossible for me to place in anything beyond a 200BR--that only because nobody has the marbles for it?
Let's see some of you waifs get in the 200BR at zones! I may even do all 8 laps without a rest at 150mark this time!

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 07:05 PM
Put on 30 pounds, then we'll see how fast you can swim. Swimming this fast at this size is something you 'fitness' freaks just couldn't handle. SS might understand but then there's that whole 'fast' thing.

WTFHFH!?!?

Where's this 30lbs. The "guide" says I should be 168...I'm 185... and I'm in better shape than when I was 172 after doing southbeach.
Jeez if I was your height...I'd be Olympics!

aquageek
January 31st, 2008, 07:11 PM
I'd be Olympics!

Special Olympics, trials only.

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Special Olympics, trials only.

Where as you couldn't even make trial cuts...

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM

Jeff's no threat. All he does is a bunch of 25s these days -- unless a puny girl smacks him around. Or maybe you can't do evilstroke either, Chris?

I'm sure you could both beat ande.

Iwannafly
January 31st, 2008, 07:21 PM
O...a 200BR--that only because nobody has the marbles for it?
Let's see some of you waifs get in the 200BR at zones! I may even do all 8 laps without a rest at 150mark this time!

I'm swimming the 200 BR at Zones, mostly because I think that's the only event in which I have a shot at competing. My coach says at this point, it's the 1650 or the 200 BR. What a choice. The 1650 doesn't even sound enjoyable...too many numbers!
Stud, I don't know you, but in the spirit of this thread, I'm going to say that you couldn't whip your way out a wet paper bag and that I will beat you in the 200 BR like a red-headed step-child!!!

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Puny girl mock Hulk, puny girl anger Hulk, Hulk SMASH puny girl.

I hate lavendar. I can see though that you are green with envy over my start.

geochuck
January 31st, 2008, 07:25 PM
I want to challenge my old challenger for a fifty free. I know I can beat him?

I can't mention his name, he is the unmentionable one. Fort knows who I am talking about.

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 07:31 PM
I'm swimming the 200 BR at Zones, mostly because I think that's the only event in which I have a shot at competing. My coach says at this point, it's the 1650 or the 200 BR. What a choice. The 1650 doesn't even sound enjoyable...too many numbers!
Stud, I don't know you, but in the spirit of this thread, I'm going to say that you couldn't whip your way out a wet paper bag and that I will beat you in the 200 BR like a red-headed step-child!!!

Hah! Let's see you take 2 second rest at the 150 and swim a PB. I eat 200BR's for breakfast...I'd challenge you in the 1650 but I'd get a cold from waiting in the water for you to finish...

Chris Stevenson
January 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Jeff's no threat. All he does is a bunch of 25s these days -- unless a puny girl smacks him around. Or maybe you can't do evilstroke either, Chris? I'm sure you could both beat ande.

No, I take the crown as the worst breaststroker around. Ask anyone who has seen me swim it. I think the only reason Jeff wants me to swim the event is the pleasure he will take in making up 4 seconds in the BR leg. (And I'm not exaggerating even just a little bit: that's exactly what happened last year.)

Jeff may be a sprinter but I give him a lot of credit for doing longer events (ie, REAL swimming events). Last summer I saw him do OW races of 2 miles and 5K.

Oh, and Stud: I'm not in Jeff's age group, he just likes picking on his elders.

Chris

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 08:20 PM
Jeff may be a sprinter but I give him a lot of credit for doing longer events (ie, REAL swimming events). Last summer I saw him do OW races of 2 miles and 5K.

Only because a puny girl made him do it.

And I will be kicking a puny girl's butt in the 50 back as usual at zones, even though she has wised up and become a sprinter, the most talented of athletes.

I think they're a lot of takers for the "Worst Evilstroker" crown, myself included.

Chris Stevenson
January 31st, 2008, 09:33 PM
And I will be kicking a puny girl's butt in the 50 back as usual at zones, even though she has wised up and become a sprinter, the most talented of athletes.

Don't look now, but I think your smack-attack gun is stuck in the "full auto" mode! Sprinters are just so high strung.

I dunno...she was considering entering the 1650 and the 400IM on the same day at the David Gregg meet...doesn't sound any of the wimpy sprinters I'VE ever been around. :bolt:

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 09:53 PM
Don't look now, but I think your smack-attack gun is stuck in the "full auto" mode! Sprinters are just so high strung.

I dunno...she was considering entering the 1650 and the 400IM on the same day at the David Gregg meet...doesn't sound any of the wimpy sprinters I'VE ever been around. :bolt:

Yes, I'm quite Type A. :D

I said said puny girl was aspiring to be a sprinter. This is not an easy task, or for the weak of heart. But perhaps her recent injury will restrain her from the 25K she's likely pining over. Blech.

We have a standing grudge match in the 50 back, along with another forumite and a couple other women on my team. I would be humiliated in the 200 back if that was an event I chose to swim. Like Ian Smith, I'm very good at ignoring events over 100. I don't believe his lousy excuse for not doing any backstroke though. :thhbbb:

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 10:15 PM
I hate lavendar. I can see though that you are green with envy over my start.

PTTTTTTTBBBBBBB, that was weak. Vewy, vewy weak.

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 10:16 PM
Chris

I wouldn't call a guy who did 4:32 400 IM SCY a 'sprinter'

The Fortress
January 31st, 2008, 10:18 PM
PTTTTTTTBBBBBBB, that was weak. Vewy, vewy weak.

I will put the puke green colored 25 pound weight on my stomach and SDK. My MF can go half the way to making up the height deficiency. I actually have abs despite 3 children. What's your excuse, Hulk? :thhbbb:

SwimStud
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 PM
I actually have abs despite 3 children.

Says you...shirts and skins relay at zones or they don't exist...

pwolf66
January 31st, 2008, 10:26 PM
I will put the puke green colored 25 pound weight on my stomach and SDK. My MF can go half the way to making up the height deficiency. I actually have abs despite 3 children. What's your excuse, Hulk? :thhbbb:

Hulk eat too many people who anger him, that why Hulk not so buff.

Iwannafly
January 31st, 2008, 10:39 PM
Says you...shirts and skins relay at zones or they don't exist...
I'm down with that!:applaud: I have abs too. My six pack comes with a built in coozy cooler! I'll go ahead and volunteer to swim the slow leg for the shirts.

CreamPuff
February 1st, 2008, 09:36 AM

I have an inverse relationship between my 500 FR time and my desire to trash talk. The lower the time the higher the trash talk. 5:12 is Ms. Nicey Nice.
5:05 reserves the right to turn into Bee-yatch. Sub 5:05 is Amy Van Dyken cat fights Inge De Brujn. I'd have to think on a sub 5 time. Not thought ahead that far!

:lmao:

The Fortress
February 1st, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hulk eat too many people who anger him, that why Hulk not so buff.

Anger leads to insomnia. Insomnia leads Hulk to skip morning practice. Skipping practice causes an even greater decline in Hulk's fitness. Hulk cries like a itsy bitsy baby at our next 4000 yard monofin workout.

Julie Roddin
February 1st, 2008, 11:00 AM

Sadly I broke my foot on Wednesday so I won't be swimming ANYTHING at the David Gregg meet but I will be there to watch you two go at it in the 400 IM! I had already decided that the 1000 wouldn't be a good idea but Jeff made me realize that swimming anything at the meet wasn't a good idea. BOO!

And Jeff swam the 500 free AND 400 IM at the Tropical Splash meet last weekend but Leslie wouldn't know anything about that meet, too early for you I heard. He does do 25s but I distinctly remember a set of 4 x 400 free that we did a few weeks ago. Les, I'll see you at the Albatross and will be ready for the 50 and 100 back and you better not sandbag your seed times and end up swimming 5 heats before us. We want to race you in the same heat!!!! This broken foot shouldn't impact my starts and turns too badly since they suck anyways!

</IMG>

Julie Roddin
February 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Yes, I'm quite Type A. :D

I said said puny girl was aspiring to be a sprinter. This is not an easy task, or for the weak of heart. But perhaps her recent injury will restrain her from the 25K she's likely pining over. Blech.

We have a standing grudge match in the 50 back, along with another forumite and a couple other women on my team. I would be humiliated in the 200 back if that was an event I chose to swim. Like Ian Smith, I'm very good at ignoring events over 100. I don't believe his lousy excuse for not doing any backstroke though. :thhbbb:

Puny?????

Yeah, the 25K is out. I can't see myself swimming more than 4000 in a practice while only pulling since I can't kick or push off with my left foot.

Back to trash talking.....Les, PLEASE put down a real seed time at zones! Having me, you, Mollie, Barb all in the same heat would be awesome. Heck, you really need to be trash talking with Yana, not me! I've been missed our team records by less than a tenth several times and really just want to get it and be done with it!
</IMG></IMG>

The Fortress
February 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
And Jeff swam the 500 free AND 400 IM at the Tropical Splash meet last weekend but Leslie wouldn't know anything about that meet, too early for you I heard. He does do 25s but I distinctly remember a set of 4 x 400 free that we did a few weeks ago. Les, I'll see you at the Albatross and will be ready for the 50 and 100 back and you better not sandbag your seed times and end up swimming 5 heats before us. We want to race you in the same heat!!!! This broken foot shouldn't impact my starts and turns too badly since they suck anyways!

</IMG>

I was doing a studly workout at GMU (including 4 x 400 IM) -- where you should have been instead of doing a few meager laps at the crack of dawn.

Not swimming both the 50 and 100 back at Albatross. I am much too diverse a swimmer to do nothing but backstroke, backstroke, backstroke. You and Barb need to get a life! Why, I have two team records in breaststroke. :weightlifter: And I really wish SOMEONE would do something about the order of events for that meet. Utter discrimination against sprinters.

Blackbeard's Peg
February 1st, 2008, 11:12 AM
add:
1st in the 1650 at the AutiSwim 1000/1650 meet last month (don't remember the time)
Paul mentioned his 400IM last weekend
he also beat me (wasn't too hard to do) in the 500 w/ a 5:low 20s last weekend.

i'd say he's embracing his inner distance swimmer.

Julie Roddin
February 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
add:
1st in the 1650 at the AutiSwim 1000/1650 meet last month (don't remember the time)

Yeah, but I still *almost* beat him in the 5K last summer :banana:

The Fortress
February 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
add:

All right already. Jeff is a God. But don't bother with all the freestyle BS. His fly is what sets my heart aflutter.

Was there not trash talking in the 100 back showdown between Muppet and Blue Muppet?

Puny Julie, you may be taller than me, :thhbbb:, but I'm sure I can beat you arm wrestling. :weightlifter:

SwimStud
February 1st, 2008, 11:28 AM
What's all this clucking and squawking going on here?

Jeez if I turn up and pop a 100 BK you guys will have nothing to say unless you want to try me at the 200BR...

I do at least 1 event in each stroke...the 100 IM doesn't count!

:weightlifter:

Blackbeard's Peg
February 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Was there not trash talking in the 100 back showdown between Muppet and Blue Muppet?

there is now:

100-Backstroke
2 Grover, Mollie K 27 TERR 1:03.90

100-Backstroke
1 Strahota, Jeffrey R 27 TERR 1:03.77
:angel::angel::angel:
:bolt:

SwimStud
February 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM
there is now:

100-Backstroke

100-Backstroke

Don't be fooled. Mollie let you win that so you wouldn't feel emasculated...b/c then you'd be all pouty...

Blackbeard's Peg
February 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
Don't be fooled. Mollie let you win that so you wouldn't feel emasculated...b/c then you'd be all pouty...

keep telling yourself that, Rich, cause my first breaststroke since last August (and my injury) may very well come in a race with you in the adjacent lane... and mark my words, mister, I WILL avenge last spring's loss. :dedhorse::duel::banana::weightlifter::rofl::thhbb b:

Chris Stevenson
February 1st, 2008, 11:40 AM
add:

And yet...he chickened out of the 400IM/500F double next weekend...after making ME sign up for it! Once a sprinter, always a sprinter.

aquageek
February 1st, 2008, 11:42 AM
Seriously, throwing down the gauntlet on the 200 BR is like challenging someone to a belching contest, no one cares or will watch.

SwimStud
February 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
keep telling yourself that, Rich, cause my first breaststroke since last August (and my injury) may very well come in a race with you in the adjacent lane... and mark my words, mister, I WILL avenge last spring's loss. :dedhorse::duel::banana::weightlifter::rofl::thhbb b:
oh you mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hOFHgz3r3I

I loved your turn (the "Hah! I got this in the bag moment!") and the nice easy glide home...wait, chooo-choooo SwimStud Express coming through...

Hehehe look forward to a rematch...maybe we can even it out with some other events and handicaps ;)

Iwannafly
February 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM
I have an inverse relationship between my 500 FR time and my desire to trash talk. The lower the time the higher the trash talk. 5:12 is Ms. Nicey Nice.
5:05 reserves the right to turn into Bee-yatch. Sub 5:05 is Amy Van Dyken cat fights Inge De Brujn. I'd have to think on a sub 5 time. Not thought ahead that far!

:lmao:

The mark of a truly gifted trash talker is the person who can talk quality smack even as they stink up the joint with a truly ugly swim (or whatever activity they happen to be talking smack about)!

Paul Smith
February 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
The mark of a truly gifted trash talker is the person who can talk quality smack even as they stink up the joint with a truly ugly swim (or whatever activity they happen to be talking smack about)!

Then I have the gift....and I haven't even swam that 200 back thats coming this weekend against Shake!!

pwolf66
February 1st, 2008, 02:11 PM
there is now:

100-Backstroke

100-Backstroke
Oh, puh-leeze, with manual time that race was too close to call, I was looking right down the wall and I couldn't tell

meldyck
February 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
Then I have the gift....and I haven't even swam that 200 back thats coming this weekend against Shake!!

Shake N Bake will clean your clock. He'll already be on the blocks for the next event by the time you've made your last turn. Since it's a 200 I presume you'll want to have Laura count for you.

Blackbeard's Peg
February 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM
Oh, puh-leeze, with manual time that race was too close to call, I was looking right down the wall and I couldn't tell

where's warren? THE CLOCK DOES NOT LIE!!!

pwolf66
February 1st, 2008, 04:58 PM
You're right when it's using a touch pad. But manual timing on other hand......

pwolf66
February 1st, 2008, 05:37 PM
oh you mean this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hOFHgz3r3I

I loved your turn (the "Hah! I got this in the bag moment!") and the nice easy glide home...wait, chooo-choooo SwimStud Express coming through...

Hehehe look forward to a rematch...maybe we can even it out with some other events and handicaps ;)

Who was that 70yo that beat you both?

Paul

geochuck
February 1st, 2008, 10:04 PM
82 posts and not worth reading. Just a lot of trash.

Chris Stevenson
February 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM

Well, the title of the thread is an example of truth in advertising, no?

Allen Stark
February 2nd, 2008, 02:53 PM

Actually I'm surprised,this is the funniest thread this side of the NSR Joke thread.I'm waiting for someone to challenge me to a butterfrog grudge race.:joker:

The Fortress
February 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Actually I'm surprised,this is the funniest thread this side of the NSR Joke thread.I'm waiting for someone to challenge me to a butterfrog grudge race.:joker:

I was forced to share a lane with someone doing "butterfrog" the other day. That is just simply not a real stroke. Nothing could be that hideous. I'm glad I won't be subjected to the sight of you swimming this "stroke" at Nats. Whew.

Meanwhile, how could you let Geek's remark about the 200 breast go by? You're really slipping! No wonder you're looking forward to aging up.

geochuck
February 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
You know I am a trash talker. I will challenge you to butterfly, not the none stroke butterfrog.

orca1946
February 2nd, 2008, 04:48 PM
Water is cheap , it's what you DO with it!

Allen Stark
February 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Fort,you read Geeks post?I didn't think anyone read Geek's posts.I had to go back and look.He thinks watching breaststroke is dull,thats because he has no aesthetic sense.It's his problem not mine,although there should be a support group for such unfortunates.As for wanting to age up,doesn't everybody(though 59 is one of the suckier ages:cane::cane:.)

Allen Stark
February 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
George,I'll grant that butterfrog is ugly,but a chance to whip kick is a chance to whip kick.I'll be doing a 50 Fly(real fly) LCM at our Assn meet in Apr.Consider yourself challenged.I may do 100 fly at LCM Nats and if so it will be "real"fly til I die and then if that is before 100 M I'll butterfrog in.

Kurt Dickson
February 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Fort,you read Geeks post?I didn't think anyone read Geek's posts.I had to go back and look.He thinks watching breaststroke is dull,thats because he has no aesthetic sense.It's his problem not mine,although there should be a support group for such unfortunates.As for wanting to age up,doesn't everybody(though 59 is one of the suckier ages:cane::cane:.)

Aesthetics? For aesthetics, I say butterfly; for going fast, I say freestyle; for a change of pace, I say backstroke. I'm not sure what breastroke is good for other than going slow waiting for a rescue boat, a chuckle from the 18 and under crowd at work, or a groin injury. As for aging up--one year closer to death. How's that for smack!

Julie Roddin
February 2nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
You're right when it's using a touch pad. But manual timing on other hand......

Yeah, but with electronic timing this morning Muppet hammered out a 1:00.7 in the 100 back at the kids meet. Was fun to watch the "old guys" race the kids!

The Fortress
February 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, but with electronic timing this morning Muppet hammered out a 1:00.7 in the 100 back at the kids meet. Was fun to watch the "old guys" race the kids!

I guess his turns are better than yours! :thhbbb:

jim clemmons
February 2nd, 2008, 07:39 PM
That's okay Allen. Sissy's avoid breaststroke because it's just too painful for 'em and they're not discliplined enough to learn how to swim it correctly.
They're just all-around weak.

geochuck
February 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Butterfrogers are sissies - real men only swim fly and crawl.

jim clemmons
February 2nd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Butterfrogers are sissies - real men only swim fly and crawl.

Actually, real men can swim them all. Real men aren't just one or two dimensional.

Allen Stark
February 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
George,I notice you used your "real men"inanity to dodge my 50 fly challenge.I'll grant that pre-1986 breaststroke wasn't the most beautiful stroke as the head up rule made it more a test of strength,but since then it has become a thing of unmatchedbeauty.That is not to say fly is not also beautiful.As our short axis sibling it does have a certain unrefined charm.Even crawl has its charm in a certain raw way. As for backstroke,it was best in that short interval from the developement of the Berkoff Blastoff until the 15M rule when the swimmers were underwater the whole race and were only visible at the finish.

geochuck
February 2nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
I think if you actually saw me swim fly or crawl you would think, man he is beautiful in the water. Now I don't mean beauty in the female way. You young fellows would really be impressed I am sure.

Allen just like my challenge to the unmentionable one I will not be ready to race until May15. And because I am so old and have knees of steel you must give me a two second advantage.

Jim I will challenge you in the 100 IM I will show that I am all round and I don't mean around the middle.

Julie Roddin
February 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM

Um, yeah, now that I broke my foot. HA HA...and I was just about to start working on my turns. Looks like I got nothing for the upcoming gridges. You'll have to start picking on someone who isn't injured. You can pick on me anyday when I don't have a cast on my leg. Ok?

SwimStud
February 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Um, yeah, now that I broke my foot. HA HA...and I was just about to start working on my turns. Looks like I got nothing for the upcoming gridges. You'll have to start picking on someone who isn't injured. You can pick on me anyday when I don't have a cast on my leg. Ok?

Julie I think your inflate-a-foot cast is really going to be a boon for you in the distance events...it'll act like a buoyancy aid. Once you get your balance adjusted I think you'll take off chunks of time!

The Fortress
February 2nd, 2008, 10:46 PM

Geek and I haven't had a good fight in so long I may have to write him a poem. Or challenge in the 100 free. I'm right on his tail. And I am totally pissed off at aging up, BTW. I though it would be a good thing, but I'd be much better off at 44.

Julie:

I swam for months with a stress fracture and wore that ugly boot. You can't use that as an excuse, you whimp. I also seem to recall swimming right next to Blue Muppet last summer in the 50 back ... and being in the heat after Blue Muppet and Barb at LC zones and being right next to Yana at the Sprint Classic ... :thhbbb: :thhbbb:

SwimStud
February 2nd, 2008, 10:50 PM
I swam for months with a stress fracture and wore that ugly boot.

"...blah blah blah I'm so tough and adaptable but I can't swim in lane 10 if there is no rope! blah blah blah..."

geochuck
February 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Just get a sensor bandage and forget the pain.

geochuck
February 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
I saw that CrazyAsian made a post see it here http://www.usms.org/forums/showthread.php?p=121301#post121301
I have a suggestion for all breaststrokers seek medical help.:woot::woot::groovy:

Blackbeard's Peg
February 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM

apparently they were really ugly. I was gasping for air practically the whole race, but as Warren says, THE CLOCK DOES NOT LIE.
might I add that Mr. Roddin banged out a 54 in that same heat, going on to finish 2nd overall - showing a bunch of collegiates (and tweens) who's boss!

Thanks for the props, fort and jules :) (and for coming out to cheer jules)

Allen Stark
February 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM
George,LCM season goes on all summer so you have time,besides with your credentials and height advantage you should give me 2 sec.

Paul Smith
February 4th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Shake N Bake will clean your clock. He'll already be on the blocks for the next event by the time you've made your last turn. Since it's a 200 I presume you'll want to have Laura count for you.

Consider my clock still uncleaned Mel....and yes you can buy me a beer next time I see you!

Event 5 Men 45-49 200 Yard Backstroke======================================== ======================================= Name Age Team Finals Points ================================================== =============================
1 Smith, Paul 48 Unattached 2:09.68 31.95 1:04.55 1:37.55 2:09.68
2 Shake, Scott 49 FORD-AZ 2:10.18 31.71 1:04.90 1:38.17 2:10.18

meldyck
February 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Consider my clock still uncleaned Mel....and yes you can buy me a beer next time I see you!

Event 5 Men 45-49 200 Yard Backstroke======================================== ======================================= Name Age Team Finals Points ================================================== =============================
1 Smith, Paul 48 Unattached 2:09.68 31.95 1:04.55 1:37.55 2:09.68
2 Shake, Scott 49 FORD-AZ 2:10.18 31.71 1:04.90 1:38.17 2:10.18

Oh, man, Shake will never forgive me for getting you mad. I guess it's like swatting at a hornet's nest.

What kind of beer do you drink? Something you can see through? I'll get it for you in Austin...

geochuck
February 4th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Great time Paul, being that it was 2:09 plus I guess it was 200m LC.

Oh I read it a little closer 200yards SC come ci come ca. It's French. "Comme ci, comme ca" literally, 'like this, like that' , or 'so-so'

Chris Stevenson
February 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Great time Paul, being that it was 2:09 plus I guess it was 200m LC.

YOW! And I thought you above all this trash talk stuff! :applaud: Or perhaps it was the poor quality of the material? (Talking trash about the trash talking, so to speak.)

geochuck
February 4th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Chris you jumped in too fast I had to look up the correct spelling for come ci, come ca.

YOW! And I thought you above all this trash talk stuff! :applaud: Or perhaps it was the poor quality of the material? (Talking trash about the trash talking, so to speak.)

The Fortress
February 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
apparently they were really ugly. I was gasping for air practically the whole race, but as Warren says, THE CLOCK DOES NOT LIE.
might I add that Mr. Roddin banged out a 54 in that same heat, going on to finish 2nd overall - showing a bunch of collegiates (and tweens) who's boss!

Thanks for the props, fort and jules :) (and for coming out to cheer jules)

You're ready to take Tall Paul down in the 200 back now. Or maybe Blue Muppet can do the honors. It'd be quite jolly to see the Tall Hulk brought down by a puny girl.

aquageek
February 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
That's some fast swimming there, well done.

Paul Smith
February 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You're ready to take Tall Paul down in the 200 back now. Or maybe Blue Muppet can do the honors. It'd be quite jolly to see the Tall Hulk brought down by a puny girl.

The 200 back sucks...so anyone that wants to take that one (excpet for Scotty) its all yours!

Now the REAL motivation was to not be humiliated by (S)he in the 500:

Event 15 Men 45-49 500 Yard Freestyle========================================= ====================================== Name Age Team Finals Points ================================================== ============================= 1 Smith, Paul 48 Unattached 4:58.72 27.81 57.97 1:28.39 1:58.55 2:29.03 2:59.64 3:29.48 3:59.50 4:29.50 4:58.72

geochuck
February 4th, 2008, 11:05 AM
:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::v iolin:

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 11:10 AM

Event 15 Men 45-49 500 Yard Freestyle========================================= ====================================== Name Age Team Finals Points ================================================== ============================= 1 Smith, Paul 48 Unattached 4:58.72 27.81 57.97 1:28.39 1:58.55 2:29.03 2:59.64 3:29.48 3:59.50 4:29.50 4:58.72

Would ya look at Mr. Pace! Nice swim, Paul.

geochuck
February 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I thought we were supposed to trash talk in this thread Knelson. Your statement seems rather complimentary.

You are just too nice!!!

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM
You are just too nice!!!

Probably true. I'm just not a big fan of trash talk, I guess.

I prefer to praise my competition...then go out and kick their butts :)

Chris Stevenson
February 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I prefer to praise my competition...then go out and kick their butts :)

There you go! (You DID just say you were going to kick Paul's butt in the 500, right?:joker:)

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
There you go! (You DID just say you were going to kick Paul's butt in the 500, right?:joker:)

No, I don't consider Paul to be my competition!

Blackbeard's Peg
February 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM

No, I don't consider Paul to be my competition!

Likewise... he's probably been swimming more years than I've been alive. :cane:

My $$ are on the blue muppet. :agree:

CreamPuff
February 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM
The 200 back sucks...so anyone that wants to take that one (excpet for Scotty) its all yours!

Those would be my dream spits, I mean splits. Well done!

Now on to the trash talk (in weak form only). Kirk, I'm trying hard to dislike AVD for her spitting. I don't want to be on your bad side b/c you are very FAST and I feel you are being quiet to come in for the kill later on this season. But, I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!! I start laughing when I picture AVD in the act. I start wondering how much and how far she can go. Spitting is just not an issue for me. I mean sheesh, see my Monica Lewinski avatar!

orca1946
February 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Take out the trash & bring in the real swimmers!

knelson
February 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Spitting is just not an issue for me. I mean sheesh, see my Monica Lewinski avatar!

Oh no. I'm not even going to comment on that one! :)

CreamPuff
February 4th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Oh no. I'm not even going to comment on that one! :)

Stud should be joining in shortly. :D

swimmieAvsFan
February 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
It'd be quite jolly to see the Tall Hulk brought down by a puny girl.

whoa nellie- who you calling puny?
you come up to, what, maybe my belly button?!?
i don't think someone that short can use the word puny.
unless talking about themselves...
:thhbbb:

Iwannafly
February 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Those would be my dream spits, I mean splits. Well done!

I mean sheesh, see my Monica Lewinski avatar!

I have a tendency to vote democratic and I think that avator is hilarious!:rofl: Poor Monica, no matter what she does with her life, she will always be remembered for the unfortunate stain!!!

CreamPuff
February 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I have a tendency to vote democratic and I think that avator is hilarious!:rofl: Poor Monica, no matter what she does with her life, she will always be remembered for the unfortunate stain!!!

I too could not stop laughing at that button.

Wouldn't you know it? Bill's somehow managed to do rather well despite everything. :laugh2:

SwimStud
February 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM

I too could not stop laughing at that button.

Wouldn't you know it? Bill's somehow managed to do rather well despite everything. :laugh2:

I feel bad for her. Here she is this young naive girl trying to work her way into a career in politics and she gets taken advantage of by an older predatory male...who's also the prez!

The Fortress
February 4th, 2008, 01:31 PM
whoa nellie- who you calling puny?
you come up to, what, maybe my belly button?!?
i don't think someone that short can use the word puny.
unless talking about themselves...
:thhbbb:

I could have written a Shakespearean sonnet between the time I touched in the 50 meter back and the time you touched at the last Terrapin Cup, Tall Skinny Girl. :thhbbb:

swimmieAvsFan
February 4th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I could have written a Shakespearean sonnet between the time I touched in the 50 meter back and the time you touched at the last Terrapin Cup, Tall Skinny Girl. :thhbbb:

shakespearean sonnet?!
you mean limerick, maybe?

Iwannafly
February 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
shakespearean sonnet?!

When you have to consult the source of all truth, wikipedia, you know the trash talk has gone south! Seriously, the second rule of effective trash talk is to use terminology that everyone involved understands. I'm an engineer; therefore, an academic discussion of the difference between a sonnet and a limerick is out of bounds and way over my head!:soapbox:
You really have to stick to picking on people about the color of their hair or their physical shortcomings or better yet, their favorite sports teams! ;)

And just for future reference, the first rule of good trash talk, is to talk regardless of how badly you are beaten. I will get to demonstrate that after this weekend!!!

aquageek
February 4th, 2008, 02:04 PM
You really have to stick to picking on people about the color of their hair or their physical shortcomings or better yet, their favorite sports teams!

Go for the jugular, forget all you have written and start with jokes about their mother/wife, that does it every time.

Julie Roddin
February 4th, 2008, 02:06 PM
shakespearean sonnet?!

No, she wouldn't have written anything except a good reason why she should have had a better race and beaten the "puny girls" by more than 2 seconds. Not one of my better 50 backs I will be the first to admit. It did make top ten though!

Iwannafly
February 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Go for the jugular, forget all you have written and start with jokes about their mother/wife, that does it every time.

Good point, though I must admit to feeling the need to know someone a bit before picking on their immediate family members. 'Your mom' jokes are some of the funniest out there!

SwimStud
February 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
No, she wouldn't have written anything except a good reason why she should have had a better race and beaten the "puny girls" by more than 2 seconds. Not one of my better 50 backs I will be the first to admit. It did make top ten though!

Did blackbeard lend you his parrot to go with that booty?

NB: Um just to be sure I mean the one on your foot not the other kind...

jim clemmons
February 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Good point, though I must admit to feeling the need to know someone a bit before picking on their immediate family members. 'Your mom' jokes are some of the funniest out there!

Is that "Your Mom" :angel: or "Yo Momma!" :censor: ?

SwimStud
February 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Is that "Your Mom" :angel: or "Yo Momma!" :censor: ?

Neither. It's Yo Momma!:lmao::p

Chris Stevenson
February 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Or maybe Blue Muppet can do the honors. It'd be quite jolly to see the Tall Hulk brought down by a puny girl.

Well, let's see now...take your pick from the 2007 SCY results (not that I'd call any of these ladies "puny"):

Kristin Gary (39), 2:05.50
Sheri Hart (36), 2:07.52
Jody Smith (38), 2:08.28
KPN (45), 2:09.13

As an aside: 35-39 is just a BRUTAL age group in this event in the women! The top three OVERALL 200 back times came from this age group. Yow!

Julie Roddin
February 4th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I was doing a studly workout at GMU (including 4 x 400 IM) -- where you should have been instead of doing a few meager laps at the crack of dawn.

Not swimming both the 50 and 100 back at Albatross. I am much too diverse a swimmer to do nothing but backstroke, backstroke, backstroke. You and Barb need to get a life! Why, I have two team records in breaststroke. :weightlifter: And I really wish SOMEONE would do something about the order of events for that meet. Utter discrimination against sprinters.

Diverse meaning that you can swim a 50 of all four strokes?

Were you wearing fins for those 4 x 400 IM? I would be surprised if you weren't.

I can swim more than backstroke....I do think that having a good 50, 100, 200 back and 1650, 1-mile, 2-mile, 5K, 10K and 8-mile free is diverse enough! And in 2006 I was even known to hold my own in a fast heat of the women's 400 IM at zones, an event you won't swim without fins.

But, I'm just a "puny" girl with a broken foot who continues to get picked on by a "diverse" sprinter. I hope I'll be able to kick and push off the wall by Albatross. If not you're going to have to wait until zones.
</IMG>

Iwannafly
February 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM

Were you wearing fins for those 4 x 400 IM? I would be surprised if you weren't.

I can swim more than backstroke....I do think that having a good 50, 100, 200 back and 1650, 1-mile, 2-mile, 5K, 10K and 8-mile free is diverse enough! And in 2006 I was even known to hold my own in a fast heat of the women's 400 IM at zones, an event you won't swim without fins.

But, I'm just a "puny" girl with a broken foot who continues to get picked on by a "diverse" sprinter. I hope I'll be able to kick and push off the wall by Albatross. If not you're going to have to wait until zones.
</IMG>

Where are the comments about Fort's mom?!?!?!?!?!:argue:
Now the trash talk is getting spicy!

The Fortress
February 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM

</IMG>

Poor baby. Yo Mamma apparently gave you bad genes with all those "excessive improper technique" injuries you have. Much better to be a fin addict than on the surgical table.

(lol. just saw what Iwannafly wrote.)

Wait a minute, I saw your 400 IM from the Tropical Splash. I would beat you down, girl, even if I am a whimpy sprinter. And that 100 IM?!

BillS
February 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I feel bad for her. Here she is this young naive girl trying to work her way into a career in politics and she gets taken advantage of by an older predatory male...who's also the prez!

Uh, maybe not . . . word around our fair state, the gutter from which she crawled into infamy, was that she left saying she was on her way to Washington to "get her Presidential kneepads on."

Mission accomplished.

CreamPuff
February 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Uh, maybe not . . . word around our fair state, the gutter from which she crawled into infamy, was that she left saying she was on her way to Washington to "get her Presidential kneepads on."

Mission accomplished.

I thought Stud was being very sarcastic with his comment,

"I feel bad for her. Here she is this young naive girl trying to work her way into a career in politics and she gets taken advantage of by an older predatory male...who's also the prez."

Stud?

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Here it is Super Tuesday. I have heard more trash talk on CNN then I have ever heard in my life. No better trash talkers then Politicians.

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM

"I feel bad for her. Here she is this young naive girl trying to work her way into a career in politics and she gets taken advantage of by an older predatory male...who's also the prez."

Stud?

I fully stand behind my comments...

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM

Stud?

Can anybody really feel bad about any comments on this thread???

CreamPuff
February 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Can anybody really feel bad about any comments on this thread???

Someone hit me over the head with the humor stick if that's the case. :lmao:

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Someone hit me over the head with the humor stick if that's the case. :lmao:

I'll just let this one hang out there with a O_o and a :rofl:

Chris Stevenson
February 5th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Wait a minute, I saw your 400 IM from the Tropical Splash. I would beat you down, girl, even if I am a whimpy sprinter.

:blah: At least Jeff -- sprinter that he is -- followed up his 400IM trash talk by actually ENTERING THE EVENT...!

JMiller
February 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
This thread is retarded

Julie Roddin
February 5th, 2008, 01:32 PM
:blah: At least Jeff -- sprinter that he is -- followed up his 400IM trash talk by actually ENTERING THE EVENT...!

Seriously. He's "diverse". And probably won't spit in your lane before the race.

Iwannafly
February 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
This thread is retarded
Now if I knew Jonathan, even a little bit, this would be the perfect opportunity to throw in some trash talk like, "Maybe, but not as retarded as your :censor:!" But that's not really nice to say to someone you don't know and to say it to an unknown audience! That might fall under the category of unsportsmanlike conduct!!!:doh:

At least the title of the thread lets the reader know what is in store for them should they decide to peruse it.

Now, when do I get the chance to smack SwimStud down in a 200 br???

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
This thread is retarded Takes one to know one.

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Now if I knew Jonathan, even a little bit, this would be the perfect opportunity to throw in some trash talk like, "Maybe, but not as retarded as your :censor:!" But that's not really nice to say to someone you don't know and to say it to an unknown audience! That might fall under the category of unsportsmanlike conduct!!!:doh:

At least the title of the thread lets the reader know what is in store for them should they decide to peruse it.

Now, when do I get the chance to smack SwimStud down in a 200 br???

hmmm... motivating me can be hazardous to your ego...

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 02:30 PM
whoops double post..

JMiller
February 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Takes one to know one.

It takes a thread to know a thread?

Blackbeard's Peg
February 5th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Takes one to know one.

Amen, and thanks for posting, George.

JM,
First, if you don't like it, then stop reading it. You obviously came back to read after you posted your distain.
Second, if you don't like it, why post something to that end and end up in a "geek vs stud-esque war of words" about thread stupidity like you're probably going to get yourself in here? Unless you're trying to bait someone...
Third, next time you choose to let us know you don't like a thread topic, choose a better word to describe it. You've pissed off anyone with a friend/family member who has any sort of mental handicap or disability.

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Amen, and thanks for posting, George.

JM,
First, if you don't like it, then stop reading it. You obviously came back to read after you posted your distain.
Second, if you don't like it, why post something to that end and end up in a "geek vs stud-esque war of words" about thread stupidity like you're probably going to get yourself in here? Unless you're trying to bait someone...
Third, next time you choose to let us know you don't like a thread topic, choose a better word to describe it. You've pissed off anyone with a friend/family member who has any sort of mental handicap or disability.

Right on! JM your word choice was v.poor.

As a footnote, I'd just like to add that I won the "war of words" and defeated geek...he will now rebuild himself and become more efficient and productive than he was prior to the conflict!

The Fortress
February 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM

I'll have you know I held my college record in the 400 IM once upon a time. :banana:

If certain people can do one handed walkovers around the track AND run marathons, I might, just might consider them sufficiently "diverse." :thhbbb:

knelson
February 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I'll have you know I held my college record in the 400 IM once upon a time. :banana:

Let me guess: it was first time the 400 IM was ever swum in competition in your conference? :thhbbb:

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 03:32 PM
This happens to be a trash thread, it is full of trash I know it and so does everyone else know it. It is better for everyone to call another one down here then in a regular thread.

What am I saying here??? I think I like this trash thread!!!

It takes a thread to know a thread?

aquageek
February 5th, 2008, 03:33 PM
You've pissed off anyone with a friend/family member who has any sort of mental handicap or disability.

I'm offended on behalf of my challenged friend Stud, officially.

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM
It angered me a bit we have a down syndrome grand child but we had a report today that he is equal to a regular 2 year old. He has just turned 2.

The Fortress
February 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Let me guess: it was first time the 400 IM was ever swum in competition in your conference? :thhbbb:

Eighth, actually. They didn't let dumb blondes in until 1972. :joker:

JMiller
February 5th, 2008, 03:46 PM
next time you choose to let us know you don't like a thread topic, choose a better word to describe it.

This thread is conclusively degenerative.

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Eighth, actually. They didn't let dumb blondes in until 1972. :joker:

Did you swim it at LSE?

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 03:53 PM

Wow is that you, THE Jonathan Miller? I must say I am totally impressed and honoured that you'd join us in such a frivolous thread!

Look guys, it's Jonathan Miller!!!

LOL

Lighten up francis or ignore it... we've been down this path before. Everyone is just having fun in the locker room.

If it makes you feel happier though:
Everyone keep a good streamline, early vertical forearm, finish the stroke.
:duel:

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Now your discussing my age!

The Fortress
February 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Did you swim it at LSE?

I knew you'd say that. You're so predictable. I guess that's what it takes to do nothing but dull boring breaststroke all the time.

I think Jonathan needs a sojourn on the TI forum. Or maybe he should do more dull boring breaststroke.

JMiller
February 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
If it makes you feel happier though:

:blah::blah::blah:

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Some people can not give up on this thread.

:blah::blah::blah:

JMiller
February 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I think Jonathan needs a sojourn on the TI forum. Or maybe he should do more dull boring breaststroke.

You know that's funny... I actually joined the TI forum just to get a better idea about the program. I asked a question about motivation, and although there was some interesting responses, they really didn't answer my question.

I still don't know why there is such a strong emotional response against TI, but then again I try not to hold grudges. After-all, the vast majority of people don't swim, so they need to start somewhere. Why not TI?
:rolleyes:

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 04:27 PM
You might as well start at the bottom, I am with you there Jonathon.

The Fortress
February 5th, 2008, 04:30 PM
You know that's funny... I actually joined the TI forum just to get a better idea about the program. I asked a question about motivation, and although there was some interesting responses, they really didn't answer my question.

I still don't know why there is such a strong emotional response against TI, but then again I try not to hold grudges. After-all, the vast majority of people don't swim, so they need to start somewhere. Why not TI?
:rolleyes:

I was merely referring to that forum's requirement of serious Mindful discussion and no frivolity whatsoever. :mooning: TI is good for beginners, no doubt. I just don't wanna hear about "mass delusion" or I'll get all :rant3:. Then I'll be forced to have a gridge with Dave Barra.

Iwannafly
February 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM
hmmm... motivating me can be hazardous to your ego...

My ego was bruised beyond repair long ago:toohurt: and I'm not fast enough to have a swimming ego. I AM, however, fast enough to beat you!:thhbbb:

aquageek
February 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
You think this thread stinks, just wait til a week from Thursday when I'm more than certain we'll see another round of forum destruction. Have the vomit pails handy for that day. At least there is a NSR section so we can avoid it. It's worse than a dutch oven after an all-you-can-eat chili buffet.

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I am now going to abandon this thread for 15 minutes. How about you Jonathon???

knelson
February 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
You think this thread stinks, just wait til a week from Thursday when I'm more than certain we'll see another round of forum destruction.

Does this mean I should cancel my order for the box of chocolates I was going to send you?

Allen Stark
February 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I knew you'd say that. You're so predictable. I guess that's what it takes to do nothing but dull boring breaststroke all the time.

Breaststroke is only boring if you don't know how to do it right.:thhbbb:

SwimStud
February 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Breaststroke is only boring if you don't know how to do it right.:thhbbb:

and also very comical to those of us that do...

geochuck
February 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Breaststroke can not be boring it is an ongoing struggle not to drown. Not only that it is ugly.

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2008, 08:26 AM
and also very comical to those of us that do...

It's good to know you feel this way because I will give you quite the laugh at zones when you see my 200 br! I have been working on changing up my stroke a little bit with my coach, but it feels pretty awkward at the moment. Hopefully by zones, it will have improved!

SwimStud
February 6th, 2008, 08:33 AM
It's good to know you feel this way because I will give you quite the laugh at zones when you see my 200 br! I have been working on changing up my stroke a little bit with my coach, but it feels pretty awkward at the moment. Hopefully by zones, it will have improved!

I hope for you it does too, or you'll feel pretty silly getting beat by a guy who has no coach!

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I hope for you it does too, or you'll feel pretty silly getting beat by a guy who has no coach!
I'm pretty fortunate that I live in a town with a Y that provides a Masters program and a coach. Not only that, but she actually enjoys coaching us old people!
And I don't have any problems feeling silly. I'm married, so I'm used to it!:D

SwimStud
February 6th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty fortunate that I live in a town with a Y that provides a Masters program and a coach. Not only that, but she actually enjoys coaching us old people!
And I don't have any problems feeling silly. I'm married, so I'm used to it!:D
Admit it you just go because it's a female coach...it's OK. I only swim b/c there are a few cute lifeguard chicks to impress..

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Admit it you just go because it's a female coach...it's OK. I only swim b/c there are a few cute lifeguard chicks to impress..

Liar. You just want to have more than one ab.

SwimStud
February 6th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Liar. You just want to have more than one ab.

So what's your motivation then, Hammertoe...Herculean thighs?

You and Julie should try some synchronised swimming...matching suits, caps, noseplugs and infate-a-boots!

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 12:33 PM
So what's your motivation then, Hammertoe...Herculean thighs?

You and Julie should try some synchronised swimming...matching suits, caps, noseplugs and infate-a-boots!

No, I wouldn't want Paul Smith to feel deprived of his tutu. But maybe it's weighing him down because I heard he got smoked in the 100 free at practice today.

Paul Smith
February 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM
No, I wouldn't want Paul Smith to feel deprived of his tutu. But maybe it's weighing him down because I heard he got smoked in the 100 free at practice today.

I reserve the phrase "getting smoked" for losing....not getting beat because Mr. Commings false started!

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I reserve the phrase "getting smoked" for losing....not getting beat because Mr. Commings false started!

I wonder if that cheater is touching the wall on his roll over flip turn on the 100 IM, eh?

It appears that Paul Wolf is so desperate to beat me in the 50 back, he's driving all the way down to Richmond to try again. Never happen Paul! That's a long drive just to mess up a start ...

Jeff Commings
February 6th, 2008, 06:33 PM
False starting is never an option!

All the trash talking you were dishing out bounced right off me, too.

pwolf66
February 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
It appears that Paul Wolf is so desperate to beat me in the 50 back, he's driving all the way down to Richmond to try again. Never happen Paul! That's a long drive just to mess up a start ...

Oh, you need to soooo get over yourself, Mrs Thing. :violin:

I'm driving down to try and score my 3rd NQT and 50 Back happens to be my best shot since I no whip kick right now.

As for beating you in 50 back? Bah. Maybe I can't beat you now with my whole 4.5 months in the pool after 19 YEARS off. But I would _think_ that it would be a pretty good match if I had 3 years of training. But since that'll never happen, you just have to be satisfied with being faster than an NFL Tight End. Go you. :party2:

Then again, who declared a gridge in 100IM back in Oct and FOLLOWED THRU??? I seem to recall smoking you by 2 seconds? With a whole, hmm..... lemme do the math here??? Carry, the 1, add 2, divide by 0, oh yeah, that's right 5 WEEKS in the pool after 19 YEARS off???? Puh-leeze. Then you lost to a 270lb, not in swim shape at all 40yo. Go you. :mooning:

Hulk 7, Puny Grrrrl 0

Game, Set, Match. :angel:

Please don't make me come back and strafe the survivors. :rant3:

Paul

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Nice try. But I went a 29.9 in the 50 back with 6 months training and a 24 year lay off. :duel:

Since you've tired of our 50 back duel and your inevitable losses, we'll have to go back to the 50 free vs. 50 fly duel. You got a ways to go. I suggest you actually make use of the monofin instead of letting it gather dust at 5:00 am.

And where is Sprinter Boy Roddin? Rocket scientists can't talk smack? So sad.

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2008, 07:59 PM
So, does this mean that I can put a face with the name in Richmond this weekend?

pwolf66
February 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Nice try. But I went a 29.9 in the 50 back with 6 months training and a 24 year lay off. :duel:

Since you've tired of our 50 back duel and your inevitable losses, we'll have to go back to the 50 free vs. 50 fly duel. You got a ways to go. I suggest you actually make use of the monofin instead of letting it gather dust at 5:00 am.

Ah, let's compare activities during say the last 10 years of the _layoff_ period. Hmm, I would guess that you were doing all that cardio stuff, like that running thing, while I was picking up really heavy weights. Yeah, I can see how what I was doing was really a lot better suited for swimming. Yup, yup, yup.

But, gee whiz then using your logic, I still have another 1.5 months to shave a whole .38 seconds off my 50 Back. Darn. I think that's impossible. It's not like I dropped 3 seconds JUST BY HAVING A DECENT START or anything. Hmm, .4 seconds. I should be able to shave that off just from the stunned reaction I had by actually not slipping at the start. So when I beat 29.9, what happens?

Unlike others, I actually play well with others so I'm pretty sure my lane mates would be a little perturbed if I broke out the MF during TEAM practce.

As for 50 Fly vs 50 Free, yeah well, that's gonna have to sit on the table for a bit as it don't look like it's happening this season.

pwolf66
February 6th, 2008, 08:18 PM
So, does this mean that I can put a face with the name in Richmond this weekend?

That might not be a good thing, but I'm hoping to be there for Sunday. Saturday has all that horrible 'distance' stuff.

Then again, I just realized that I CAN'T FIND MY USMS CARD!!!!!! AUUUUUUGHHHHHHHH.

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Dear Hulk: Let's not forget the 3 kids I popped out over the years whilst I was simultaneously slaving away in the sweatshop, puh-lease. I wasn't bebop-ing off to the gym 24/7.

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Speaking of distance, and how utterly dreadful it is, I received this horrible smack talk in the mail courtesy of jaegermeister.

Are you gonna share the horrible smack talk with us? Did you have a senior moment???

The Fortress
February 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Are you gonna share the horrible smack talk with us? Did you have a senior moment???

Sorry, I deleted it when the image was too big too load. My usual senior moments involve loss of keys.

Smack talk via mail, courtesy of jaegermeister:

"Leslie: Every sprinter's dream is to be a distance swimmer. Janet Evans, Olympic DISTANCE swimmer."

pwolf66
February 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Dear Hulk: Let's not forget the 3 kids I popped out over the years whilst I was simultaneously slaving away in the sweatshop, puh-lease. I wasn't bebop-ing off to the gym 24/7.

PPPPPPPPPBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTT!

A salient point, true. But still, it boils down to this. You're gloating cause you can beat a guy who is _literally_ TWICE your weight. Go you. :thhbbb:

Julie Roddin
February 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Then again, I just realized that I CAN'T FIND MY USMS CARD!!!!!! AUUUUUUGHHHHHHHH.

On behalf of us taller backstrokers, thanks for calling Leslie "puny"!!!!!! I think I know why she backed out of the 100 back in October. Too many "puny" people who would have beaten her.

Don't use your USMS card as an excuse to not go on Sunday. I think we all know someone who can help you with that! And could even hand deliver it to you at the meet.

Hope you make it to the meet. I'll be there. Obviously not swimming.

Iwannafly
February 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Saturday has all that horrible 'distance' stuff.

That's funny. The distance stuff is good too. I get to 'enjoy' the pain for minutes rather than seconds! Although the 200 br I signed up for could take minutes too!:mad:

cdrcld
February 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
This thread is retarded
JM,
re your comment - I'll jump on and say innappropriate these days. You never know the IQ of those reading this threat and comments like yours will offend them... Off the soapbox now - and would like to say to those that have spent hours reading and writing this stuff --- GET A LIFE!!!!

SwimStud
February 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
:lolup:

Iwannafly
February 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM
JM,
...and would like to say to those that have spent hours reading and writing this stuff --- GET A LIFE!!!!

Perhaps this is our life! You should be careful for you never know who you may offend:thhbbb:! I'm pretty sure it's possible to work full time, spend quality time with a family, enjoy all sorts of activities on top of swimming, like whitewater kayaking and mountain biking, and still enjoy a little time poking fun at each other on a goofy thread.

Chris Stevenson
February 7th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Off the soapbox now - and would like to say to those that have spent hours reading and writing this stuff --- GET A LIFE!!!!

Very mildly curious: what in the world are you like when you are ON the soapbox? :soapbox: Wait, please don't answer...

geochuck
February 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
JM,
re your comment - I'll jump on and say innappropriate these days. You never know the IQ of those reading this threat and comments like yours will offend them... Off the soapbox now - and would like to say to those that have spent hours reading and writing this stuff --- GET A LIFE!!!! Go for a swim.

The Fortress
February 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
JM,
re your comment - I'll jump on and say innappropriate these days. You never know the IQ of those reading this threat and comments like yours will offend them... Off the soapbox now - and would like to say to those that have spent hours reading and writing this stuff --- GET A LIFE!!!!

This is nothing compared to the "masters horror flick" thread. http://forums.usms.org/showthread.php?t=8010&highlight=masters+horror+flick

Nothing wrong with a good laugh. :thhbbb:

cdrcld
February 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
both are sort of funny.

i was just goofing on people because it is a trash talk string.

sorry if i hurt any one's feelings.

geochuck
February 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
No one gets offended they just get even.

pwolf66
February 10th, 2008, 08:03 PM

Since you've tired of our 50 back duel and your inevitable losses, we'll have to go back to the 50 free vs. 50 fly duel. You got a ways to go.

Not so fast, Monofin Girl. Seems I just happened to post a 29.66 this weekend after a little less than 5 months of training. Hmm. Looks like there might be a 'gridge' there after all.

Paul

SwimSpud
February 10th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I have lost I.Q. points just looking at this thread.

I agree with JMiller. It's retarded.

Chris Stevenson
February 11th, 2008, 06:27 AM
The previous poster echoes the feeling of some this is a completely useless thread. I agree (and that's what makes it fun)...perhaps matched only by publicly commenting on useless threads...so I thought I would post some ANTI-trash-talking and praise two swims of Jeff Roddin's from the past weekend meet in Richmond. Since I called him that most wicked of terms (sprinter) in this thread, I figure I owe it to him.

First, our 400 IM race

Jeff: 26.90 57.36 1:32.65 2:07.43 2:44.98 3:22.09 3:53.62 4:23.47
Chris: 26.57 56.93 1:29.21 2:01.21 2:41.35 3:22.66 3:54.05 4:23.70

I'm told it was a fun race to watch; I'm glad our pain was amusing to some -- I felt the effects of this race well into the next day. Fortress, I think we can all agree that there can be no doubt that I lay claim to the crown of worst breastroker around...keep in mind that breaststroke is Jeff's WORST stroke and his split on that leg was almost 7 seconds faster than mine.

Anyway, given that Jeff is such a (ahem) sprinter, I expected to be able to chase him down in the free even though I was absolutely spent, but no dice. So my hat's off to him :bow: and I'll never publicly call him a sprinter again.

(As an aside, I was cursing Jeff all through the subsequent 500 free, which followed this race by about 20 minutes or so. My original intent was to get a "fresh" 500 free time. And somehow Jeff's entry in that event was lost in the mail...go figure...!:dunno:)(sorry, needed to inject a LITTLE trash talk...)

I did get to be a spectator for Jeff's Sunday 100 IM duel with Murphy Halasz, the 25-year-old stud of the meet:

Murph: 25.16 54.37
Jeff: 25.38 54.89

Unlike myself, Murph actually has a very nice breastroke...not to mention a killer butterfly. Oh, and did I mention he is 25? So I thought this was a very impressive race for young Jeff! (Jeff, I think he knows your name by now.)

Iwannafly
February 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I'm told it was a fun race to watch; I'm glad our pain was amusing to some
It was very fun to watch, except for the breaststroke portion. Perhaps exciting is a more apt description. I can't really say anything bad about Chris' breaststroke because his br is considerably better than my bk!

The Fortress
February 11th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Not so fast, Monofin Girl. Seems I just happened to post a 29.66 this weekend after a little less than 5 months of training. Hmm. Looks like there might be a 'gridge' there after all.

Paul

Good job, Mr. Tight End! Now, you just have to drop 2 seconds in your 50 fly! :laugh2: I'm sure you can do that once you don't weigh twice as much as me. :joker:

Bravo to Chris and Jeff too! What a race. Glad I didn't have to swim it. :bump: But I'll still take on Chris for the worst breaststroker around title.

SwimStud
February 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
:bump: But I'll still take on Chris for the worst breaststroker around title.

Sure Fort... whatever you say... *cough*sandbagger*cough*

tjburk
February 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
It is impossible for me to have a battle of the minds with an unarmed person!:toohurt:

Allen Stark
February 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Fort is a Zone Champion in breaststroke,she just refuses to acknowledge her inner frog.

Chris Stevenson
February 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
But I'll still take on Chris for the worst breaststroker around title.

Puh-leeze. I know you have had shoulders problems, but let me know when you've had 3 knee operations :cane: and then we we can talk. Until then, there is just no contest.

Though I do admire your trash-talking versatility: you trumpet your ability fast AND slow...:applaud:

The Fortress
February 11th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Puh-leeze. I know you have had shoulders problems, but let me know when you've had 3 knee operations :cane: and then we we can talk. Until then, there is just no contest.

Though I do admire your trash-talking versatility: you trumpet your ability fast AND slow...:applaud:

I have no excuse for my lousy breaststroke technique. My knees are just dandy. It's the other joints that are more problematic. And as I now have tendonitis in my foot (WTF?), I can't even rag on Julie for being a klutz anymore. We'll have to limp around together and pick on Tall Skinny Girl.

fastjack
February 11th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Pretty meek on your trash talk you guys. Gotta pep it up and get nasty, I am dissapointed Fort you are not the Old Fort I used to know.

You used to be nasty, nasty, nasty.

You have mellowed and are almost silky soft in your trash talk.

You have to be bad.

I remember when...

spiderman
February 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I agree Fastjack meek and mild is the word. It seems rather than trash talking these guys are really patting each other on the back.

fastjack
February 11th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Spiderman havent seen you around since May 2007 at the Masqerade Ball. How you doin?? Are you also dissapointed in the way these people trash talk. The only decent trash talker is Geochuck. He is the best.

Julie Roddin
February 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM
And as I now have tendonitis in my foot (WTF?), I can't even rag on Julie for being a klutz anymore. We'll have to limp around together and pick on Tall Skinny Girl.

Excuse me? As of today I am walking normally again, no limp and no pain in my foot at all. And don't pick on the tall skinny girl, next thing you know YOU'RE going to have whiplash from turning too quickly to see the clock at MAC only to find out you and your tendonitis got smoked by a broken foot and whiplash in the 50 back.

March 15th...see you there.

SwimStud
February 11th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Excuse me? As of today I am walking normally again, no limp and no pain in my foot at all. And don't pick on the tall skinny girl, next thing you know YOU'RE going to have whiplash from turning too quickly to see the clock at MAC only to find out you and your tendonitis got smoked by a broken foot and whiplash in the 50 back.

March 15th...see you there.

Does this mean no more inflat-a-foot?

Julie Roddin
February 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Does this mean no more inflat-a-foot?

No, at least another 10 days in the sporty boot. I can still swim, so I won't be getting out of shape because of this. It will be fine. I'm not worried one bit!

The Fortress
February 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Pretty meek on your trash talk you guys. Gotta pep it up and get nasty, I am dissapointed Fort you are not the Old Fort I used to know.

You used to be nasty, nasty, nasty.

You have mellowed and are almost silky soft in your trash talk.

You have to be bad.

I remember when...

George, you like talking to yourself more than anyone I've ever seen. Do you have trouble keeping track of all those aliases or do you just use the same password for all of them? :mooning:

geochuck
February 11th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Do I have multipule names??? I think you are now trash talking to me.
So I have a few friends here and you think they are me now you are getting nasty.

I like fastjack because he swims fast, I can tell that by his name.

Spiderman a good friend also, he is a swinger for sure and a good guy. He comes to everyones rescue.

I truly admire these two very close friends of mine. I will not trash talk to those two guys they are class acts.

That Guy
February 12th, 2008, 10:14 PM
he is a swinger for sure

George, how does your wife feel about this?

geochuck
February 13th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I have not asked however she always said I have a multi personallity.

3strokes
February 13th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I have not asked however she always said I have a multi personallity.

I should say so................ from sprinter to H2O-Marathoner and back to sprinter (managing interval sit-turns at the swim-up bars).