PDA

View Full Version : Meat Week

CreamPuff
February 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
For those of you who love food, there is something called

MEAT WEEK that is celebrated in Atlanta and in other cities across the nation.

http://meatweekisreal.com/

It's a yearly event. 8 consecutive nights of as much BBQ meat that you can stuff into your face.

Some hype about the event:

http://www.meatweekisreal.com/media/main.php?g2_itemId=41&g2_page=4

Kurt Dickson
February 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm a vegetarian but for you, I may make an exception.:)

ALM
February 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
In Kansas City, EVERY week is "Meat Week." The waistlines prove it.

Anna Lea

3strokes
February 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
Oh! That kind of meat! When I first saw the title, my mind's eye saw
a "meat-market" in a swim "meet" where one meets the meat. Then I opened the thread.

:doh:

Iwannafly
February 1st, 2008, 02:06 PM
In Kansas City, EVERY week is "Meat Week." The waistlines prove it.

Anna Lea
I was just in Kansas City over the holidays and I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived there. Way too much incredible BBQ and steak!!! The whole cold and windy thing is a bummer though!
How about those Wildcats breaking the Jayhawks 24 year win streak in Manhattan?:groovy:

CreamPuff
February 1st, 2008, 02:55 PM
Oh! That kind of meat! When I first saw the title, my mind's eye saw
a "meat-market" in a swim "meet" where one meets the meat. Then I opened the thread.

:doh:

So sorry to disappoint! :lmao:

My husband joked that I get ready for my (swim) meets much differently from how he prepares for meat week.

ALM
February 2nd, 2008, 05:16 PM
I was just in Kansas City over the holidays and I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived there. Way too much incredible BBQ and steak!!! The whole cold and windy thing is a bummer though!
How about those Wildcats breaking the Jayhawks 24 year win streak in Manhattan?:groovy:

Well, the next time you're here, let me know so we can get you to some swim workouts. A single workout, however, can't begin to compensate for some of the BBQ meals you could consume here...

Anna Lea