Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Exactly ... either!
    Neither nor ablative.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Your 400 free drop really was quite awesome and unexpected. Who knew you could swim freestyle?
    Exactly the thoughts of the guy in Lane 3 of That Guy's heat of the 400 Free either!
    http://www.usms.org/comp/meets/heat....Lane=3&Event=1
    Thanks Fort, but the key to being a swimmer is training, and given the training times that are available to me, I need to be in town and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I am really hoping for 3 hours for my 5 events tomorrow.
    This meet used to have the 400IM and 1500 the night before and run about 4 hours. This year the 400IM was in the middle of the meet and the 1500 was replaced with a 800 at the end of the meet and they were done in well under 3 hours.

Five events in three hours is still brutal, but your line up sounds like a blast. You can live on adrenaline for the meet and crash on the couch!

Good luck tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Good job! Now you guys can get back to demonizing me for all the OTHER reasons besides my 400 free.
    Sigh. I am not sure I have the creativity for that.

Your 400 free drop really was quite awesome and unexpected. Who knew you could swim freestyle? Certainly not I when I suggested the gridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Excellent swims, q!
    I think that it is neat that you ran into so many other WCM alumns at your meet today.
    Thanks Mike, it was cool.

I don't think -19 is out of your reach next month, but you have a lot on your plate. Good luck!
    That's a nice series of swims, especiallly for a workout-type experience of a meet. Nice job!
    Thanks James.

I like all the UFC fights...I just watch them for what they are. But I'm not going to pay $50 to see it live when I can watch Oregon beat the pants off of Stanford tonight for free!
    We don't usually watch it live, but tonight we are heading to a sports bar with friends.

I have no idea what sport Oregon is going to be Stanford in tonight, but I am pretty sure it isn't swimming. Enjoy the game/fight/off road rally.
    Perfect! A little disappointment and some solid swims when you were tired. Just the tonic to further entice you to become a Swimmer in lieu of Vacationer.

I am really hoping for 3 hours for my 5 events tomorrow.
    Good job! Now you guys can get back to demonizing me for all the OTHER reasons besides my 400 free.
    Excellent swims, q!
    I think that it is neat that you ran into so many other WCM alumns at your meet today.
    That's a nice series of swims, especiallly for a workout-type experience of a meet. Nice job!

GSP or Condit? I am a GSP fan, but I don't hate Condit
    I like all the UFC fights...I just watch them for what they are. But I'm not going to pay $50 to see it live when I can watch Oregon beat the pants off of Stanford tonight for free!
    Ye of little faith. I have this thing in the bag.

You dropped .15s right?
    I agree, ham and cheese would be a far better solution.
    James' time was embarassing enough, I did want anyone who is doing worse than him considering Seppuku (hari-kiri).
    Pretty sure Kirk beat me on the negative time drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    No one mentioned my split request from last weekend. Is this gridge thing about absolute change in time, since, for the record, I'm +12 or so.
    James' time was embarassing enough, I did want anyone who is doing worse than him considering Seppuku (hari-kiri).

The gridge was time dropped from your best time on record.

It looks like you are +15.09 to me
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Winnar
    Ye of little faith. I have this thing in the bag.

You dropped .15s right?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You must not hang out with either 8 & unders or 11-12 year olds. Forget THAT GUY, you might need to start trolling summer league mini-meets for worthy gridge partners with your current approach to training.
    That is a good idea, and they have 25s at those meet too!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    (maybe I can bribe LW into messing with your alarm clock)
    Sadly, my alarm clock went off. Hopefully in a few hours I will have a 400 time at least .03 faster.
    No one mentioned my split request from last weekend. Is this gridge thing about absolute change in time, since, for the record, I'm +12 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    You must not hang out with either 8 & unders or 11-12 year olds. Forget THAT GUY, you might need to start trolling summer league mini-meets for worthy gridge partners with your current approach to training.
    Winnar
    And that is a 11-12 time, not an 8 and under geez.
    My time last year was 5:16.45, I think I was only ahead of you by .02 sec. I think your chances of beating me are very high, unless you sleep in
    (maybe I can bribe LW into messing with your alarm clock)
Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast