Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    The hamstring cramps can suck...even worse yet is somehow it happened to me in the middle of the night in my sleep!! Talk about an experience! I just cried out in pain and my wife had no idea what was wrong for a little while.
    You may have been doing a virtual workout in your sleep. I don't drink anything during practice, so that's something I'll need to change.
    The hamstring cramps can suck...even worse yet is somehow it happened to me in the middle of the night in my sleep!! Talk about an experience! I just cried out in pain and my wife had no idea what was wrong for a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I played a little water polo in college, the thing different there is that it doesn't matter how fast of a swimmer you are (you only get to move maybe 5 yards at a time), because most of the guys your play against are on the defensive line of the football team in the fall season! Yikes!! It can be a violent game too.
    LOL, they should call it Aqua-Gladiators
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    The kids(mainly at prep schools) are starting to get into water polo around here. Also, there is some Adult Water polo program at Villanova.
    I can't image playing water polo as an adult, whats interesting is they have some girls on one of the squads.
    I played a little water polo in college, the thing different there is that it doesn't matter how fast of a swimmer you are (you only get to move maybe 5 yards at a time), because most of the guys your play against are on the defensive line of the football team in the fall season! Yikes!! It can be a violent game too.
    The kids(mainly at prep schools) are starting to get into water polo around here. Also, there is some Adult Water polo program at Villanova.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    I often spend weekends at my sister's home just outside Sacramento. I treked over to the Sierra Marlins pool recently to check it out.... Most of our bloggers would die for a facility like it!

I'm hoping to drop in to one of their workouts soon.
    Let's connect and try to swim a technique session together!
    The Folsom (Lembi Aquatic Center) pool is really awesome, the water temp is constant year round. During the summer open rec swim (or kiddie time) they have 2-3 lanes just for lap swimmers, and a lap swim session before the kiddie session. http://www.folsom.ca.us/depts/parks_...uatic/fees.asp
    Saturday mornings they have Master workouts (Seniors take 4 lanes, Master's take 4), they alternate between SCY and LCM. Let me know in advance and I can meet you there someday.
    I often spend weekends at my sister's home just outside Sacramento. I treked over to the Sierra Marlins pool recently to check it out.... Most of our bloggers would die for a facility like it!

I'm hoping to drop in to one of their workouts soon.
    Let's connect and try to swim a technique session together!
    Quote Originally Posted by KEWebb18
    A great coach really makes a difference!
    Of all the coaches I have experienced, Janine seems to have the intuition that's more than a "posted workout" coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva O Fear
    Good workout, nice distance, I have a hard time getting water time to get that much distance in.
    I always wonder how some people can do these workouts everyday...hope your situation changes to allow you more time...
    A great coach really makes a difference!
    Good workout, nice distance, I have a hard time getting water time to get that much distance in.
    Tom, although you missed the college swim + 6 years, you got the age group years of development which stayed with you.Everyone I've met that has returned to swimming (being former age groupers) after years of neglect, still has "it". Seems there is a lot to be said for early year development, even if kids don't become world class athletes, they take with them that little extra that stays with them for life.
    Got to read that you are still training. I feel handicapped by not having 4 years of college swimming(1 year kind of equals 0 years in my mind) and a good 6 year hiatus.
    That is too bad about the problems you are having. Darn Water Polo and noodlers.
    Thanks for the support Tom. Life was good before the prima donna water polo peeps invaded and like in any invasion, there is rationing, hardships and sacrifice.
    What is it with Water Polo and the power trip? At Villanova, the Water Polo Masters gave better treatment than Masters and we lose water time to the college water polo team. But, of course, Masters could never get a 5:30 AM start time or maybe Friday night workout to commensate for our troubles. God forbid! Hello, does the Water Polo Masters have National Ranked Players or Nat Champions? I don't think so. Luckily, I have other options like a age group program nearby. That is too bad about the problems you are having. Darn Water Polo and noodlers.
    I am determined to keep it up too. I couldn't imagine going back to "just treadmills and lift a few weights". Swimming like this gives me structure and the social aspect helps me to stay with it.
    That is the best way to do alot of fly.
    Absolutely, for a relative beginner like myself, it helped to build confidence, and get good practice in. Coach said that we will do this set more often.
    That is the best way to do alot of fly.

A local Philly coach has his kids do 30 x 50 fly and I heard the interval isn't easy.
    Aquasol is just training in yards for the summer? Is it because there are more lanes than way than in LCM? I hate when traffic issues interfer with training. The other commuters should try to get out of your way!!!!
    Our pool is just a 10 lane SCY, no LCM here! I have to go to the Folsom workouts in the mornings for LCM on Tuesday and Thursdays, but LCM season is wrapping up out here, just USA J.O.'s, Sectionals and Zones. The Masters wrapped up 2 weeks ago in Santa Cruz....And thank you, those other people can be very inconsiderate, the nerve of them!
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast