Blog Comments

It was so much fun...have you ever done open water swim?
    I am so happy to hear that your 5k went well! Your time is awesome!!
    It was with a watch so I hope it was true. I will check when I get back from Fla. I a really psyched about the ocean 5k. Have you ever done such a thing?
    Paige that is awesome that you got your 50 under 35! You are working so hard and you are getting better each day. Good luck on your 5k swim. Keep us posted
    Thanks Bobi. I will check that out.
    If you poke around on usms website it will give you a listing of master's teams in the US. All you have to do is get the contact name of the team close to where you will be. Drop them an e-mail and I'm sure they would be glad to let you swim. I always swim w/St. Pete master's team when I go there. I have done this with a couple others too! It's fun!
    I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. I am very very sore today. I am also afraid of sharks in the warm fla water. I didn't use to be until I read about attacks.
    Good job Flip! You will do great at Amelia Island.
    Be sure to relax; don't get caught up in the size of the sea just focus on stroking and breathing and take it as it comes!
    Have fun!
    Great swim! I am so proud that you completed it!
    Good luck with the Amelia Island swim
    Quote Originally Posted by EricOrca
    Sorry to hear about your friend, I used to surf, long ago.
    Orca,
    Aren't you interested in cars too? Here is my friend's story with links to info about the super vee formula.
    Thought you might be interested

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Kuhn[/ame]

Flippergirl
    Thanks for the advice. I really need a coach to tell me what are the weaks spots in my stroke. You are correct gbrain, I was focusing on my kick for endurance and I feel like I put everything into my sprints. For example, I do 25yds x 10 @ 18 seconds on 25 sec interval.
    On my 50's I go around 40 and rest 10 seconds. At the end I am panting and rolling my eyes. Is that all out? Something though is missing as I don't see my time is improving.
    Thanks for the your offer of condolences Orca and Knelson.
    I still feel struck by the loss and confused about why these random things happen. The sea is so aluring with its power and beauty. I understand the desire to be caught up in its arms by riding the waves. I also know the last few times I went bodysurfing in water a bit surly something told me to be more careful than I would have been when I was younger. I wonder why that voice suddenly appears out of nowhere much more often than when I was younger.
    qbrain, you are the "conscience" of the swimming world!
    flippergirl, I get a lot more out of 2100 SCY with my Masters group than 3600 SCY on my own.
    I get even more when I visit other workouts and drop in, like my trips into Folsom to train
    LCM. Over half the swimmers are better than me there, so I find myself digging deep to push myself harder.
    Almost any coach is better than no coach and joining a team is more than finding the right coach, you will find people to train with, and make swim buddies. These people will help push you in the right direction as much as a coach will.

I swam 600 yards Saturday and 1000 meters Sunday. The distance isn't important, what you are trying to accomplish with your time in the pool is. Looks like your focus was kick and some sprints. Did you put everything into the sprints? What was your goal with the kick set? Did you do that?
    Holy cow! My condolences.
    Sorry to hear about your friend, I used to surf, long ago.
    Thanks fort! Go ahead and eat some pancakes for me! Check out mint julip for spearmint. Its a drink I am not sure how to make...it does require alcohol however. Ya can also just chew it...like cud!
    Never give up!

Have fun in Boston. I'm envious.
    No....I can't Katie...sorry.
    One more day...you can do it!
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast