Blog Comments

Thanks Steve! Hope to see you but I completely understand.
    Get plenty of rest and drive safely!

Good luck and have fun. I might drop in Sunday
    Yes sir. Lookin forward to it
    See you at Mt. Pleasant.
    Thanks Steve. Enjoy
    Nice workout!

I might work this one later when I have block access (except for the pulling).
    Lol Steve! I can do it but it may not be very pretty.
    You are lucky, I need fins for easy swimming with back . The stern sinks unless I kick at a not so easy pace.
    Haha Steve! It wasn't QUITE as bad as I thought and it was for a good cause. Standing on the cold wet sand was probably the worse. Ocean temp was in the low 50's and the air temp around 50. People do it in much more frigid condition than that and sometimes even sober
    Good luck with that jumping into cold ocean thing, it takes some courage. I did that once but I was a drunk teenager when I did.
    i work in the construction field and have been out measuring jobs most of the day. Almost ALL of the vehicles and people I see out and about are POW's (people outside working). Even on the ocean where the wind is always brutal. I little ironic isnt it?

You are correct Steve. The loss of power is what I am worried about. At least during hurricane season the weather is warm/hot.

Kirk, I am sure you are gonna get your fair share of winter eventually as well.

This is South Carolina people. WTH?
    Updated January 28th, 2014 at 01:38 PM by joel schmaltz (Multi tasking)
    We've had a warm and dry winter here in the west this year. I'm sure we'll get our comeuppance sometime!
    Yeah, I lived in Ogden Utah for ten years. I remember driving up brief 10% grades in my 2 WD pickup on the way to class through the avenues. If I didn't have enough momentum, I wouldn't make it to the top and would slide several hundred yards back down, backwards. I never shoveled the snow either, I guess I was lazy. I would just go back and forth until I was free. The snow there is powdery though and just blows right off the car once your moving.

Around here however, structurally things are not designed to handle ice build-up, we will have power problems, especially near oaks where power lines run through branches.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Regarding sleds, there was an amusing article in our paper a few weeks back on the variety of objects people were using to slide down hills after a snowstorm. The clothes basket looks promising!

http://nyti.ms/K75Ls0

Love the link! I really liked the "dangerous" catagory. We'll figure something out.
    People used to steal trays from the dining hall to take to Forest Park for sledding whenever it snowed in college. I bet a kickboard would work...
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    There is much freaking out down here in Mobile. The public schools are closed today and tomorrow and several universities have done the same. The one I work for has only closed for today so far. I've got what may be tonsillitis so I am perfectly happy to stay home! It's funny to see the freakout about this but at the same time like you said we are just not prepared for this sort of thing. I'm glad not to have to drive if we do get ice accumulation - especially since we have a lot of bridges in the area.
    I don't even know if the city has any salt down here. Stay home and get well. Watch the chaos from your couch.
    Regarding sleds, there was an amusing article in our paper a few weeks back on the variety of objects people were using to slide down hills after a snowstorm. The clothes basket looks promising!

http://nyti.ms/K75Ls0
    There is much freaking out down here in Mobile. The public schools are closed today and tomorrow and several universities have done the same. The one I work for has only closed for today so far. I've got what may be tonsillitis so I am perfectly happy to stay home! It's funny to see the freakout about this but at the same time like you said we are just not prepared for this sort of thing. I'm glad not to have to drive if we do get ice accumulation - especially since we have a lot of bridges in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Her reply "You weren't when you were 18".
    Guilty.
    I know. I cringe when I think about how much time I spend in the sun without using sunscreen when I was younger.
    Yes it is. I have told my dermatologist that I am good about using sunscreen.
    Her reply "You weren't when you were 18".
    Guilty.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast