View RSS Feed

AngieK

1. A Personal Best At Practice

The other day I wasn't feeling it for practice. I didn't feel like I had had anything particularly awesome about the swim itself afterwards, either. But, today. I had awesomeness. Today was the first Friday we were given the chance to do a long swim after our normal Masters practice to prepare for our 1 Hour Postal swim at the end of the month. So, we did 3300 yards for practice. It wasn't too demanding of a practice because we have several swimmers competing in a meet this weekend. But, it was still work. I tried to be very realistic about what I'd be able to do after the practice. I didn't want to completely fall apart, physically. So, I asked our Coach, Sue, to set her watch for 30 minutes. I decided I wanted to see how I'd do at that point. My hopes were that I would be at a mile or a little over. And, I felt really pretty good. I kept a pretty steady pace for the first bunch of 100s. I ended up with 1750 yards in 30 minutes! I'm so happy and proud of myself. I did a 250 yard cool down after for 2000 extra yards, which, added to the 3300 practice yards, is the most I've logged in a single practice in my adult swimming life. I am really excited to see how I do next week. I'm going to have Sue set the clock at 45 minutes for me. Hour Postal, here I come!! ~AngieKozblogs