Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Great 200 breast. To final at sectionals is a gig achievement. Congratulations.
    Thanks Stewart!
    Great 200 breast. To final at sectionals is a gig achievement. Congratulations.
    Very nice 100 Breast!
    So glad you finally got that monkey off your back! Very nice achievement and you should be thrilled.
    Thanks guys!
    Congratulations on both swims Calvin. Good luck with the rest of your swims.
    Well done Coach Calvin!
    Way to go on that breaststroke! That is a very significant barrier to get under.
    Good luck Calvin. Swim fast and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    It's getting there. I still have 8 days until I dive in for my first event so lots of time to improve!
    i can't wait to see you drop some big times at sectionals. I am very glad the taper is coming along.
    Is your taper feeling better?
    It's getting there. I still have 8 days until I dive in for my first event so lots of time to improve!
    Is your taper feeling better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Thanks, Stewart. I think the front half of the week started out crappy for me because Sunday evening was the start of my spring soccer season. I am going to probably drop soccer a week earlier than usually (starting with tonight's game) to avoid more fatigue and the risk of injury!
    yeah that would probably be a good idea. Perhaps treat it like weights which I am assuming you drop about a month out. That way you avoid injury and have time to fully recover. I am sure it's hard though since you enjoy it so much.

The EPL is shaping up like a chess match this season. Fingers crossed it will go like that all the way to the end of the season.
    1 week in sounds about right for the taper blues. You have tones of time and you have been here before I am sure. You will have a great meet in two weeks.
    Thanks, Stewart. I think the front half of the week started out crappy for me because Sunday evening was the start of my spring soccer season. I am going to probably drop soccer a week earlier than usually (starting with tonight's game) to avoid more fatigue and the risk of injury!
    1 week in sounds about right for the taper blues. You have tones of time and you have been here before I am sure. You will have a great meet in two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Crazy timing. That was a hop then jump to the thousandths
    Thanks, Steve. That start has taken me years to perfect (but it depends more upon who is swimming in on the finish...I have Chris's breaststroke timing down perfectly!).
    Crazy timing. That was a hop then jump to the thousandths
    With a drag suit and the week of training you have had I would say that's a good swim. I recall a 7k swim this week along with a lot of high intensity sets so a really good 5 with that background. What is your next rest meet?
    Thanks, Stewart. Next rest meet is Region VIII Sectionals in Jenks, OK next month.
    With a drag suit and the week of training you have had I would say that's a good swim. I recall a 7k swim this week along with a lot of high intensity sets so a really good 5 with that background. What is your next rest meet?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast