Blog Comments

Good luck in your meet!
    We expect details here of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Sometimes I wish I would have hung on to my LZR bodysuit. Though, it did end up with a pretty massive hole in the knee...
    Yeah I have a size M26 and M24 B70. I got a free replacement for my original that ripped, and they sent me a second by mistake. At 2010 Nats when I tried to return it, the vendor was like, “they aren’t street legal anymore. Just keep it.”

Nice to have a way to “feel” fast on demand
    Sometimes I wish I would have hung on to my LZR bodysuit. Though, it did end up with a pretty massive hole in the knee...
    Oooh, tapered mile... brave!
    Local 3-day meet Nov. 16-18. We’ll see how it goes
    Lookin' strong.
    Taper meet any time soon?
    the ruling on the field is under review.
    when I touched the wall you said 1.33.3. however these splits add up to 132.3 which is what I was hoping to go. when I touched and looked at the clock I saw the digit turn to 1.33 so I suspected you may have short changed me.
    are you intentionally trying to make me think I'm slowing down so you can continue to dominate when in fact I'm breaking out to the upside and headed toward lifetime best times?
    hmm
    not enough speed for the 100 and not enough grit for the 500.

is there a 300?

love,

your 60-year old training partner
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Where was Trip?
    So as to not embarrass him, I will not say... :P

EDIT: but it rhymes with Fort Horse Guards
    Updated October 18th, 2018 at 01:26 PM by Calvin S
    Where was Trip?
    trying desperately to find Calvin's temperature breaking point but in the cold water he is merely expanding his lead
    might be time to move to the baby pool (short course yards)
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    I just skim for errors and shout outs, mostly shout outs.

today the 150s were on 2.15. somehow you got confused with yesterday.

Calvin on pace for 500 miles this calendar year
    Fixed that interval. I probably was getting it confused with yesterday, you know, cause you originally wanted to do 16x150 today (hence the blog title...if you read this and kept up with our workouts you wouldn’t repeat sets...+2 reps... :P )
    I just skim for errors and shout outs, mostly shout outs.

today the 150s were on 2.15. somehow you got confused with yesterday.

Calvin on pace for 500 miles this calendar year
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    Calvin training like a beast and pulling me along with him. thanks Calvin!
    **A WILD TRIP STRAUSS APPEARS**

So he does exist...or I have a second account to post with that helps to perpetuate the myth of the training partner named "Trip".
    Calvin training like a beast and pulling me along with him. thanks Calvin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    I've yelled at for making waves swimming fly cause there hair might get wet.
    I got that complaint once too. From some lady who was right up against the lane line adjacent to my lane. I was doing fast FR kicking and she complained I was splashing her too much. I just ignored her and tried not to make it look like I was intentionally trying to kick harder every time I passed her.
    That's what happens when you get old and overweight - trust me I'm there. haha.

I've been yelled at for making waves swimming fly cause their hair might get wet.
    Updated August 8th, 2018 at 12:44 PM by Sojerz
    Oh, wow. That's some arm burn right there. At least the back squat down and hold is a semi-rest position if you have the mobility.
    I am just glad to see "Sally" is more universal. I thought it was a crazy torture method only my instructor used.

Other people should have to suffer as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Worst I ever did was a push-up one. But on the down and on the hold, we had to hold push-up “down” position hovering 3 inches off the floor.

Best one I have done was bicep curls. This one was comparatively speaking, pretty easy as well.

But that push up one? F*** that s***!
    Oh, wow. That's some arm burn right there. At least the back squat down and hold is a semi-rest position if you have the mobility.
    I did "Sally" with 135# back squats once. Never again.
    Worst I ever did was a push-up one. But on the down and on the hold, we had to hold push-up “down” position hovering 3 inches off the floor.

Best one I have done was bicep curls. This one was comparatively speaking, pretty easy as well.

But that push up one? F*** that s***!
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast