Blog Comments

We just rented a kayak. But She took off in the kayak while I was still putting my cap and spot buoy on. She says “catch me if you can!” lol
    Maybe find someone with a light and scuba gear. Free diving to 40' won't leave you much time to search too. You should paint an x on the side of your kayak to mark the spot.
    Naval Weapons station.
    Friday was last day of season leaving me with one pool in 20 mile radius to rely on -Danny jones pool
    where is your 24 meter pool?
    Plan to go there again later this month. Water is clear too, compared anywhere else in SC. My favorite part about it however is not worrying about alligators or parasites. Been followed by a gator once in tail race canal
    My parents retired to house on lake keowee in Seneca just above jocassee. Did a lot of swimming and boating, skiing etc. on keeowe for about 10 or 15 years in the mid 80s and 90s. Great lakes for recreation - enjoyed hanging around Clemson too.
    Thank you Kenny,

I never lost much general conditioning. Maintained performing lactate production sets on the crossfit type of bikes (assault, rouge). Even though my pool time was spotty, sometimes over a month, when I did go I would typically do 200 IM kicks. This meet is experimental proof for importance of kicking (at least for me).

Another odd result I found, is from all 8 free turns I accomplished at the meet, every single one was good. It was a hit and miss before.

Good luck reaching your sub-minute 100fr. That is a good goal!
    I'd say those times are really good, especially for the amount of swimming you've been able to accomplish. I'm still working on getting my 100 yd freestyle close to 1 minute!
    Been doing 3 different types on the mill, not sure which (or if all) are responsible but I am definitely experiencing marked progression with these workouts, as well as in the pool kicking workouts. Aerobic system is being worked too since I’m seeing a 110-130 bpm recovery during the rest intervals and I’m pushing to 180 during the work.
    Wine yoga! Love it!
    I like your walk/run approach on the treadmill. I adopted that approach when I started to incorporate 2-3 runs per week as an aerobic-building and weight-control part of my training. It's really helped me, along with slow incremental volume, to gradually increase distance and speed without hurting my aging knees.
    It is solo yogo that works balancing systems a little more, maybe
    What, pray tell, is "wine yoga?" Is that where every time someone says "namaste" or "om," you have to chug?
    Thanks
    They are fun at times.
    Nice box jump there! Love me some leaping.
    I believe those might actually be helping with kicking
    Haven't done dreadmill intervals in a long time. They're fun, but this one looks ike a butt kicker.
    True that.
    We’ve all seen videos of treadmill fails, but mostly of victims much younger. There’s nothing funny about people our age crashing
    I don't think I've ever taken a Tmill over 7 mph or so (my speed and balance just aren't that good anymore in my 60s). So I saved hard running for outside on the track. Be careful, cause a stumble at that speed could really hurt on a tmill.
    Goal achieved in December 2016 - scored a 100% on USAF fitness test.

waist: 30.5" (20 pts)
    1 min pushups: 50 (10 pts)
    1 min situps: 50 (10 pts)
    1.5 mile run: 10:32 (60 pts)
    Updated June 29th, 2017 at 05:48 PM by __steve__
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast