View RSS Feed

bzaks1424

1. Hit the wall

For the first time ever I will completely concede that I'm probably over training. Today I had to leave work early, tried to work from home, ended up passed out for 4 hours. I still want to go to sleep again, but I know if I do I won't sleep at all tonight. I'm also frustrated - I constantly feel the need to go go go but this pool has been the great equalizer in my body. Times when I used to run on fumes for days now I just crash and shut down. I guess I liked doing that - it always gave a sense of "epic" in my head.

So I have a pretty regular schedule for my body:

5 AM Wake up, hit alarm.
    5:15 AM - Actually get up.
    --Sometime between now and 6, I make my 8 egg whites with veggies and my lunch for the day. I usually shower (if I didn't the night before)
    6:30-7 AM Get to my desk job where I climb ten flights of stairs (roughly 120 stairs) to my desk.
    8:30 Eat my protein shake
    10:30 Eat some yogurt
    11:30-12 Lunch!
    2 PM - eat my home made protein bar!
    3:00 PM Leave my job.
    4 PM Start my Lifting circuits at the gym. (3 circuits of 3-4 exercises (core always included) performed 3 times for each circuit)
    5 PM Go home and chill. Do something like laundry, work on my personal computer stuff, mow the lawn, etc...
    ---(T/Th) 7:45 PM go to the pool, swim my rear off for my coach.---
    10 PM get home, try to bring my body down as much as possible.
    11-11:30 PM Bed.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I'm usually pretty cool, I can go to bed early (like 9 PM). Life is good. Wednesdays USED to be the same way, except this Wednesday I had two consulting gigs back to back that lasted until 10 PM (then grocery shopping). So come today (Friday) I get to work just exhausted, burnt out, etc... and I just can't stay awake at my desk.

So what do people do when they're in these situations? My swim practice is late (which ironically was one of the reasons I wanted to go to this masters club...) but I get home from practice and my body is just roaring with adrenaline and I usually don't sleep worth anything those nights.

Some good news: I'm down to around 220 pounds. I haven't been this light since high school! Age 25 and in the best shape of my life! :-D

And if anyone ever reads this, I'd like to say: Thank you to the masters community. This community has made me feel more at home than any other community I've been in in a long time. Growing up I was always taught to say thank you to those who helped you. I will say everyone here has :-)