View RSS Feed

I swim, therefore I am

Frank D Totten

Swimming is an activity I just like to do. Participation and competition in organized events are good and so is the exercise. But most of all, moving through the water is what I like the best. After years of stroke skills development I am always striving to improve.

I swim at Fort Myers Aquatic Center, FMAC, Florida Gulf Coast University, (FGCU) Aquatic Center mostly on my own with guidance from Coach Chuck Slaght. When rare occasional circumstances require being close to home, I swim at the Catalina lsle Community HOA Pool. More about me...

1. Thursday, November 22, 2012

by , November 22nd, 2012 at 06:33 PM (I swim, therefore I am)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

SCY@Catalina Isle Community HOA Pool (1 Length/12.5 yards)
    Air temp of 60, pool at 77, 100% water clarity.
    Sunny skies with humidity at 51%

Warm Up
    200 yds FR

*Set 1*
    1x2000 FR
    • Build effort by 500, 1-4

*Set 2*
    10x250 FR on 1min rest
    did each 250 as:
    1. 100 smooth
    2. 100 strong
    3. 50 fast

200 FR warm down

Comments
    • Both FMAC and FGCU pools are closed today, tomorrow, and it is unlikely I will be able to get over to either one before Monday, so the neighborhood community pool is where I can swim the next three days.
    • Swimming in this little pool doing so many turns actually provides a good workout. However, it is mentally challenging to sustain quality stroke technique and turns with such repetition of laps.
    • It was a beautiful morning and the view is great as the pool & clubhouse overlook the first lake of the three small lakes in the Catalina Isle.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts