Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Just imagine that I'm right there and kick my @ss!!!
    Will do!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Sorry James. I think you would've been in my heat in every event I'm swimming!
    I'll get over it soon. I did just sign my registration form for USAS for the summer months. If you get a chance to come over to Wenatchee for one of the LCM meets you should! Lots of good competition from the kids over here. Starlight Invite in early July may be a good one!

Good luck racing my "ghost" tomorrow! It'll be like the Olympics where they put the red line in the pool ahead of the swimmer. Just imagine that I'm right there and kick my @ss!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Yoga might help . Could it be from something at work?
    Anyway, spending time with your kids will always be the best alternative
    It could be a combo of a lot of things. Work is definitely on the hit list for things that would do this. I do get into many awkward positions to see things, lift, pull, push, break nuts/bolts loose, etc. Sometimes it would be nice to have a desk job!

But yes, it will be nice to watch soccer this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That sucks. Any chance you've got a chiropractor friend who specializes in athletes? Back in 2008, I took the entire summer off from swimming and came back with huge pain that sounds similar to yours. The thing that worked was a former swimmer who's a chiropractor now; he knew exactly where to tweak, push and pull.

Good luck on the rehab.
    I'm thinking about a little of everything, but haven't decided if I'll do chiropractor, massage, or just plain old R & R to wait it out. It may be something from work too. Occasionally I'll stand up into something overhead I didn't see and hit my bump cap on framework, but it's just weird that is came about on a Monday morning. Or maybe it's just Monday.
    Sorry James. I think you would've been in my heat in every event I'm swimming!
    Yoga might help . Could it be from something at work?
    Anyway, spending time with your kids will always be the best alternative
    That sucks. Any chance you've got a chiropractor friend who specializes in athletes? Back in 2008, I took the entire summer off from swimming and came back with huge pain that sounds similar to yours. The thing that worked was a former swimmer who's a chiropractor now; he knew exactly where to tweak, push and pull.

Good luck on the rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great job, James. You are definitely the most mentally tough swimmer I know. OK, the 200 and 500 were excellent. But I'm most impressed with that 23.7 you threw down in the middle out of nowhere!
    Thanks Leslie! We just wanted to win the overall of the 200 free relay, and wanted to give our more senior swimmers a good lead. Now I need a 23.x on a flat start race again!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    WOW! The 200 free and especially the 500 were super fast! I wonder if it's a combination of your doing the 1000/1650, and mixing in some very fast sprint bits, and then it really helped the middle events! So you are conditioned for both! Too bad you don't have video of the 200 fly! I'd like to see your wall-time technique, hahaha!!!!
    Thanks Chow!! My 200 and 500 were pure but so swims, trying to stay ahead of competition. I don't like to lose no matter who, what, where or why we're racing.
    The 200 fly, I got told my turns were a little slow, probably something to work on. :-)
    Great job, James. You are definitely the most mentally tough swimmer I know. OK, the 200 and 500 were excellent. But I'm most impressed with that 23.7 you threw down in the middle out of nowhere!
    WOW! The 200 free and especially the 500 were super fast! I wonder if it's a combination of your doing the 1000/1650, and mixing in some very fast sprint bits, and then it really helped the middle events! So you are conditioned for both! Too bad you don't have video of the 200 fly! I'd like to see your wall-time technique, hahaha!!!!
    James, that is truly an awesome meet. I'm damn impressed with everything, but particularly the 200 and 500 free. You need to bottle and market your training program like the USRPT folks - Ultra James Adams Get Up And Race Training Program (U-JAGUAR-TP)!
    Thanks Patrick!! The 200 and 500 Free were definitely the best races of the weekend, and usually those are some of the toughy ones to do right!

The U-JAGUAR-TP is simple, but most people couldn't handle it. It's harder than P90X!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    That's awesome James. A lot of fast swimming and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congratulations.
    Thanks Stewart, and yes it was a lot of fun, especially surprising results in fact!!
    James, that is truly an awesome meet. I'm damn impressed with everything, but particularly the 200 and 500 free. You need to bottle and market your training program like the USRPT folks - Ultra James Adams Get Up And Race Training Program (U-JAGUAR-TP)!
    That's awesome James. A lot of fast swimming and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Good luck! Swim fast! Who cares if your training hasn't been consistent! You do alot of cross training at work and with the home construction.
    ...and I'll be shaved down and wearing my speed suit as well. Can't blow away any opportunity, right!??
    Good luck! Swim fast! Who cares if your training hasn't been consistent! You do alot of cross training at work and with the home construction.
    Today, we tied.
    If we factor age into it...you won. !!!!!
    Today, we tied.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    The latter part needed to get done so I suppose it was justifiable.
    I guess so... ???
Page 1 of 158 123451151101 ... LastLast