Blog Comments

No guys, I'll be JUST FINE this time around without the 800 or the 1500. They are later in the day on Friday evening, and I'll be gone by then (or at work if I have to work that day and not swimming anything). I have another chance in July to swim the 800 and/or 1500 Free at the 2nd home LCM meet. I can also do one then, and then another at the LSC Champs meet too. Ahhhhh...nice to have options! I'm just not going to kill myself this time.
    you aren't going to the "I really need to get high shakes" when the 800 or 1500 comes up and you aren't signed up?
    For anyone else, your Apple Capital line up would be a big lineup, but, yes, for you, this is Phelpsian. Are you sure you'll be happy bypassing both the 800 and the 1500?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Sounds very painful.

We have a few things in common; we are both incredibly good looking, we both are 6'5' and we both swim mid distance events.

Thats exciting about bout you registering for USAS meets. As you know, you and Kirk were my inspiration to compete against the kids. You will have a lot of fun.

i hope the toe gets better soon.
    A few things in common, but I'm not 6'5"!! Almost the reciprocal of that: 5'9", but I can swim like a 6'5" when I need to! I remember looking at those tall guys in college knowing I could beat them. Not so easy now!

The USA kids are fun to race with. My LSC is so small that everyone knows everyone pretty well, including them knowing me and how I swim. That's why I have to get into shape, plus the 200 LCM Fly hurts when you aren't ready for it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Gag on the toenail! That had to really hurt and feel strange being exposed to air.
    It sure didn't feel great when it happened, though I'm glad it was completely gone and not left hanging on a bit! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Back when I was heavy into running, I lost many toenails (usually the big toe, but once in a while another). They'd grow back eventually...usually in a month or so. I don't really remember it being an issue. But then again, my legs were always fried, so I'm sure any inconvenience was minor, comparatively.

And your, "gone cardio," still makes you much faster than me, and most people I swim with
    I know I'm still pretty good in the pool, but it still hurts just as much as the next person when I'm out of shape!!
    Sounds very painful.

We have a few things in common; we are both incredibly good looking, we both are 6'5' and we both swim mid distance events.

Thats exciting about bout you registering for USAS meets. As you know, you and Kirk were my inspiration to compete against the kids. You will have a lot of fun.

i hope the toe gets better soon.
    Gag on the toenail! That had to really hurt and feel strange being exposed to air.
    Back when I was heavy into running, I lost many toenails (usually the big toe, but once in a while another). They'd grow back eventually...usually in a month or so. I don't really remember it being an issue. But then again, my legs were always fried, so I'm sure any inconvenience was minor, comparatively.

And your, "gone cardio," still makes you much faster than me, and most people I swim with
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Just imagine that I'm right there and kick my @ss!!!
    Will do!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Sorry James. I think you would've been in my heat in every event I'm swimming!
    I'll get over it soon. I did just sign my registration form for USAS for the summer months. If you get a chance to come over to Wenatchee for one of the LCM meets you should! Lots of good competition from the kids over here. Starlight Invite in early July may be a good one!

Good luck racing my "ghost" tomorrow! It'll be like the Olympics where they put the red line in the pool ahead of the swimmer. Just imagine that I'm right there and kick my @ss!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Yoga might help . Could it be from something at work?
    Anyway, spending time with your kids will always be the best alternative
    It could be a combo of a lot of things. Work is definitely on the hit list for things that would do this. I do get into many awkward positions to see things, lift, pull, push, break nuts/bolts loose, etc. Sometimes it would be nice to have a desk job!

But yes, it will be nice to watch soccer this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That sucks. Any chance you've got a chiropractor friend who specializes in athletes? Back in 2008, I took the entire summer off from swimming and came back with huge pain that sounds similar to yours. The thing that worked was a former swimmer who's a chiropractor now; he knew exactly where to tweak, push and pull.

Good luck on the rehab.
    I'm thinking about a little of everything, but haven't decided if I'll do chiropractor, massage, or just plain old R & R to wait it out. It may be something from work too. Occasionally I'll stand up into something overhead I didn't see and hit my bump cap on framework, but it's just weird that is came about on a Monday morning. Or maybe it's just Monday.
    Sorry James. I think you would've been in my heat in every event I'm swimming!
    Yoga might help . Could it be from something at work?
    Anyway, spending time with your kids will always be the best alternative
    That sucks. Any chance you've got a chiropractor friend who specializes in athletes? Back in 2008, I took the entire summer off from swimming and came back with huge pain that sounds similar to yours. The thing that worked was a former swimmer who's a chiropractor now; he knew exactly where to tweak, push and pull.

Good luck on the rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Great job, James. You are definitely the most mentally tough swimmer I know. OK, the 200 and 500 were excellent. But I'm most impressed with that 23.7 you threw down in the middle out of nowhere!
    Thanks Leslie! We just wanted to win the overall of the 200 free relay, and wanted to give our more senior swimmers a good lead. Now I need a 23.x on a flat start race again!
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    WOW! The 200 free and especially the 500 were super fast! I wonder if it's a combination of your doing the 1000/1650, and mixing in some very fast sprint bits, and then it really helped the middle events! So you are conditioned for both! Too bad you don't have video of the 200 fly! I'd like to see your wall-time technique, hahaha!!!!
    Thanks Chow!! My 200 and 500 were pure but so swims, trying to stay ahead of competition. I don't like to lose no matter who, what, where or why we're racing.
    The 200 fly, I got told my turns were a little slow, probably something to work on. :-)
    Great job, James. You are definitely the most mentally tough swimmer I know. OK, the 200 and 500 were excellent. But I'm most impressed with that 23.7 you threw down in the middle out of nowhere!
    WOW! The 200 free and especially the 500 were super fast! I wonder if it's a combination of your doing the 1000/1650, and mixing in some very fast sprint bits, and then it really helped the middle events! So you are conditioned for both! Too bad you don't have video of the 200 fly! I'd like to see your wall-time technique, hahaha!!!!
Page 1 of 159 123451151101 ... LastLast