Blog Comments

Be sure to post how you like the new P90. I just started my first week of the original P90 Lean version last week. Hopefully I can stay more consistent than the last time I tried it.

Nice yardage total!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I just hope they haven't run out of free Nike suits. Or at least still reward those that make the 500 mile mark late in the year like us.
    If last year is any indication, you should be fine. I hit 500 miles on December 31st and still got a suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    I didn't give an update today, but I'm now at 495.10. We'll see what Paul has in store for tomorrow. Maybe if I'm feeling good, I'll throw down a double
    With my hour long morning swims I get between 3000-3500 yards. I need a little over 7900 more to go, so realistically (unless I double) I should break 500 miles sometime Thursday morning. I may double Wednesday and that would also do it.

I just hope they haven't run out of free Nike suits. Or at least still reward those that make the 500 mile mark late in the year like us.
    As for swimming in my little informal gridge with AZTIMM:
    From my FLOG: My actual current pace: 495.47 miles as of today
    I didn't give an update today, but I'm now at 495.10. We'll see what Paul has in store for tomorrow. Maybe if I'm feeling good, I'll throw down a double
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I like the way you called it a hill set instead of a pyramid set!

What is different about plyocide?
    The hill is easier than a mountain. I've yet to do a "mountain set" in masters.

The P90X-2 series is just an all around new kick in the ass. While it has a lot of similar routines, everything is different in its own way. It's hard to describe it to you without actually seeing the video. In my opinion, the P90X2 series is a notch above the P90X series. Both are good. I'm going to give each DVD a go once before I pick my favorites. I was in a full sweat the other night with the X2 Plyocide workout, and the X2 COre is very very tough.
    I like the way you called it a hill set instead of a pyramid set!

What is different about plyocide?
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Excellent set! See, doesn't doing them in 4 x 4 make it go faster, too! I love McDonalds, especially the dollar menu items.
    Yes, the 4 sets of 4 was good. I was originally going to make it a descending interval (:20, :15, :12, :10s) but I just wasn't feeling it yesterday.
    Topped it off with 5 $1.00 Cheeseburgers and a $1.00 Large Coke. I think I was a little low on my protien/fat storage prior to workout...so I filled the tank up
    Excellent set! See, doesn't doing them in 4 x 4 make it go faster, too! I love McDonalds, especially the dollar menu items.
    Thanks! Normally I've done things earlier in the season so it's not as cold. I just didn't want to be tempted to turn the lights on earlier in the month and run the electric meter too much!! We've got cheapo electric rates over here, but still...money is money.
    Good job on the lights! I put some up last weekend and at some point I tweaked my shoulder. Probably while moving the ladder around. So the lights I put up might be it for this year, even though I only got through "Phase 1" so to speak.
    OMG...Just did the X2 Core DVD from the new P90X-2 series. It's a kick in the *ss hardcore...especially since I haven't done anything close to this since last summer. I can even admit that I couldn't do 1/2 the stuff on the program very well either.
    Good news...room for improvement, and I think I sweated out most of the Burger King combo meal too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Oh the joy you will have swimming in another local meet and not having 6 to 10+ hours of driving to/from!
    Most definitely!! Even the USAS meets in January and March are just a little over an hour away as well, so that's basically home meets too! I'll probably just do one day at each, and just focus on semi-"core" events.
    Oh the joy you will have swimming in another local meet and not having 6 to 10+ hours of driving to/from!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Go That Guy. Our next quest: First one to 2:00 wins...great personal satisfaction.
    False start and then stop at the 175, got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Congrats on your fly swims today and goofing off
    Thanks. I really only did one event today (yesterday). The other 4 were all goofing off, even the split request. I should've "turned and burned" on the 400 IM but that's in the past now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    I won't tell him I expect you to be close to 2:00, too.
    Go That Guy. Our next quest: First one to 2:00 wins...great personal satisfaction.
    Congrats on your fly swims today and goofing off
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Ok, I won't tell him.
    I won't tell him I expect you to be close to 2:00, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Sweet 200 fly and, yes, you should be targeting sub 2:00 in SCY at sea-level!

Enjoy Bend.

Did you like the pool? My recollection was that the 25M course should've been fairly deep (6'?) throughout?
    I really like this area as it reminds me so much of Wenatchee (aside from the higher elevation, which would be a training bonus). I'm not really out doing "stuff" here since that usually takes a little , and I'm by myself, so I'll just hole up in the motel with my TV and internet and be happy.

The facility sure had a facelift from the last time I was here in about 2002 or so. The former outdoor pool now is 50 Meter with a covered top, and the new lockerroom areas are a bonus as well. Yes the pool is 7 feet deep for the first 25 meters of the 50 meters, after that I think it's 4 feet deep to the other end.
    Sweet 200 fly and, yes, you should be targeting sub 2:00 in SCY at sea-level!

Enjoy Bend.

Did you like the pool? My recollection was that the 25M course should've been fairly deep (6'?) throughout?