Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    the SpMA Results are online, just not posted into the Results Database. You really exploded onto the scene with your LCM top tens and now, possible additional SCM ones. Nice going.
    Thank you. It really all goes back to my 11 years of age group swimming (I started when I was 7), 4 years during college, and continuing afterwards coaching and swimming until I was 24 yrs. old. It just took a little time to get back in shape, drop 20 lbs. or so, and start kicking butt in the pool again.
    What I really want to do is make some SCY Top Tens this year.
    the SpMA Results are online, just not posted into the Results Database. You really exploded onto the scene with your LCM top tens and now, possible additional SCM ones. Nice going.
    I did similar times on the IMs, ha! The lap swimmers do the same thing at my Y. I don't know why keep the temperature at a deadly 86 degrees. I guess that every Y has to be at 84 to 86 degrees to appeasse the older folks who complain to the local media when the pool is at 82 degrees(still insanely warm)!
    Looks like we're going to tie at Nationals if we swim similar events then!!
    I did similar times on the IMs, ha! The lap swimmers do the same thing at my Y. I don't know why keep the temperature at a deadly 86 degrees. I guess that every Y has to be at 84 to 86 degrees to appeasse the older folks who complain to the local media when the pool is at 82 degrees(still insanely warm)!
    After some research, I don't think that will be a problem for you to do even unrested.
    This year I don't think so either. The problem is there is a "new guy" swimming in my LMSC that is 30 yrs, and swims almost the same speed as me. He took my SCM 200 fly record in early Nov., and I took it back the next weekend.
    We will see who gets it on January 23rd. The meet is right here in town at the high school pool. I figure 200 fly, 500 free for sure. Maybe 200 or 400 IM depending on how the schedule is. After that I may just do 50s. I hate to travel 200 miles somewhere just to swim for a few seconds. Why not just do that at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Well, I did it. The fly wasn't too bad, just not pretty. I felt good afterwards. Goal is to make my 200 fly age group record for my LMSC.
    After some research, I don't think that will be a problem for you to do even unrested.
    Well, I did it. The fly wasn't too bad, just not pretty. I felt good afterwards. Goal is to make my 200 fly age group record for my LMSC.
    Those are some PB times. Were you annoyed that you couldn't break 4:00 in the 400 IM? Just wondering.
    Not really considering I wasn't a breaststroker, and could only split a 1:13 in the 400IM. My fly and free splits were fairly equal at 54/55, and backstroke just took up the 2nd hundred if you know what I mean.
    Those are some PB times. Were you annoyed that you couldn't break 4:00 in the 400 IM? Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Hey, if you ever want to travel to a meet and do the Brute Squad in Brutal conditions, there's a long course version hosted (generally) every June in Tucson. It's hot in the air and the water, which adds a double dose of pain. I've only done it once (2009), but will try it again next summer, schedule permitting.
    I don't mind the travelling part, but with my job schedule over the summer I rarely even get to swim practices, let alone compete.
    Hey, if you ever want to travel to a meet and do the Brute Squad in Brutal conditions, there's a long course version hosted (generally) every June in Tucson. It's hot in the air and the water, which adds a double dose of pain. I've only done it once (2009), but will try it again next summer, schedule permitting.