Blog Comments

I'd most likely be working on graveyard shift...
    That sounds like a very poor idea. There are lots of reports about how working the graveyard shift has serious healthy consequences. My wife and I frequently note how getting proper sleep is essential for a healthy, happy life. Good luck in your OW swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Nice job. Swimming with the kids is challenging and very rewarding on the waistline/scale front. Nice 200 fly, way to go out on top. Finals is a fun when you make it in your 30s. big or small meet.
    Thanks Tom. I'll have to see how it is next summer, if and when I sign up for the LCM meets with USA swimming again, but as an unattached swimmer. I'm sure I'll do it, since the pool is less than 2 miles from my house.
    Nice job. Swimming with the kids is challenging and very rewarding on the waistline/scale front. Nice 200 fly, way to go out on top. Finals is a fun when you make it in your 30s. big or small meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    Great swim, James!
    Thank you!
    Great swim, James!
    Thanks everyone. This truly was a memorable year for me, and a successful LCM season that I can be proud of. I'm not sure if I'll be able to equal these efforts any time in the near future, but who really cares, right?

Now, I'm just going to relax this week, and prepare for Longbridge Swim this weekend.
    Congratulations on the new record and PR's. I bet you had fun and as a result I suspect the kids you swim with will remember your last meet also. I can still recall a masters swimmer who swam with my team when I was a kid. I bet you will miss the kids, the training and the competition but you will now have lots of time with your own kids. Enjoy the extra time with your family and congrats on all your successes.
    A great finale! Congrats on the 200 fly PR double!

Kids. Ill be dry 3 days because of my youngest.
    Oh yeah...he doesn't have kids at home!
    Excuses, excuses...

Nice job. Swimming the 200 fly twice in a day--long course, even--and actually going faster in finals is damn impressive.
    Great job!
    Great meet, richly earned training with the USAS team! You'll have fun dialing back the racing now too. With all your new-found spare time I suggest playing with your kids in the water and eating fast food afterwards. Kids love that and clearly you do too
    So, were your parents at the meeting too today? Good luck this weekend.
    I forgot to tell them about it. THanks Tom, it will be fun!
    So, were your parents at the meeting too today? Good luck this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    My saving grace is I'll be in a slower heat since I had to enter with a SCY time. I'm just hoping there's at least someone in the heat who is around the same speed that I can race with a little.
    yeah, and they'll be talking amongst each other...."hey...don't let the old guy beat you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Good luck in the 1500, I'm sure you'll crush the competition!!
    My saving grace is I'll be in a slower heat since I had to enter with a SCY time. I'm just hoping there's at least someone in the heat who is around the same speed that I can race with a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Have fun! Good Luck!
    Thanks! will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Good luck James! I've got the PNS Champs this weekend as well. I'm only swimming the 1500 which is on Sunday (only event I qualified for).
    PNS has some tough qual. times for sure! I talked with one of the kids from Bainbridge when he was here two weeks ago, and he was trying to make the cut in the 100 Fly - a 1:01.something!!!! LONG COURSE!!! WTF?!?!?!??!? Luckily my LSC doesn't have a big population.

Good luck in the 1500, I'm sure you'll crush the competition!!
    Have fun! Good Luck!
    Good luck James! I've got the PNS Champs this weekend as well. I'm only swimming the 1500 which is on Sunday (only event I qualified for).
    good luck, Finals are a fun time since it just isn't logistical for masters meets. Plus, you will have a blast since you could beat all those young whipper snappers.
    Yeah, I'll have a blast. I'm in a small enough LSC that I already know most of the kids I race against, and they all know me, so it's all a friendly beat down anyway. I'm just hoping for some special comment from the announcer as they say my name at the blocks in finals.