Blog Comments

Good swims!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Geesh, those are good times considering. You are probably swimming enough to keep up these times. Not to mention all the other activities, you do outside the pool.
    Thanks Tom. I told people that my expectations weren't too sky high going into the meet, but when the BEEP goes off at the start of the race, all bets are off!! I'm a racer, no matter what condition I'm in, and yes...it does hurt!! I told Ellen Reynolds beforehand that I would be the best rabbit I could for her in the 400 IM, but had no idea how well I'd do. WR or not for her...I still had to try to beat her!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Holy smokes that's a lot of swimming in a short space of time. No wonder you are tired. Great job James.
    Thanks Stewart. Any normal person would sure be tired from this one. If I was in shape like I wanted to be for the meet, it would've been another walk in the park... kinda
    Geesh, those are good times considering. You are probably swimming enough to keep up these times. Not to mention all the other activities, you do outside the pool.
    Holy smokes that's a lot of swimming in a short space of time. No wonder you are tired. Great job James.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Good luck tomorrow. Load up on the Mountain Dew for the late night racing.
    Thanks!!! And you know my too well. BTW...Mountain Dew has come out with a new one: KickStart. Double the dose of caffeine!! Lime flavor is the best if you care to try it.
    Good luck tomorrow. Load up on the Mountain Dew for the late night racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That is a terrifying Friday night lineup even if you were in super-awesome shape. Good luck with that.
    Terrifying only for those who have terror of those kind of things. (I won't mention names here) I'm only planning to do an 800 split in the 1500, but if I'm feeling up to it, I may just keep going hard core to the 1500 anyway. I should have a few minutes extra to cooldown waiting for the final swimmer in my heat anyway. Plus it makes the 200 Fly that much more exciting not knowing if I'll be able to realistically get it accomplished!!
    That is a terrifying Friday night lineup even if you were in super-awesome shape. Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Wow, talk about going out of your way for a swim meet, I think you get the award for the weekend!

Not sure which of these is more appropriate...

Sounds like quite a good meet, to me at least.
    I wouldn't say this was too far out of my way for a meet! I normally do the 3-4 hour trips over and back in the same day. Now almost 700 miles of driving in a 30 hour period is a bit much. Going straight into an 8 hour semi-physical work day right afterward was just awesome too!

I did fly down for 1 day of a 2 day meet at Mesa once a couple years ago. At least it was SCM, and I did get to meet PWB in person as well, and raced quite a few good races in the late September 108 degree heat! That may be more crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Stevens Pass Ski Area is reporting they've gotten more than ten feet of snow in the last ten days. They've gone from a bad snow year to above average in the just the last two weeks!

Good for skiers, not so great for travelers...
    It was pretty heavy snow up there as I came across. As I did, I thought about what it may be like on the return trip...

Mission Ridge Ski Area in Wenatchee is also finally getting real snow. They've been making snow just to get people there, but finally we've had snow in the area, and a fair amount of it too, especially up there where the crazy folks go!!
    Wow, talk about going out of your way for a swim meet, I think you get the award for the weekend!

Not sure which of these is more appropriate...

Sounds like quite a good meet, to me at least.
    Stevens Pass Ski Area is reporting they've gotten more than ten feet of snow in the last ten days. They've gone from a bad snow year to above average in the just the last two weeks!

Good for skiers, not so great for travelers...
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    One of the Cascade kids was telling me yesterday that a timer had to jump in and rescue a kid at districts. I guess the swimmer had a heart condition. He finished the race and then went under! Hopefully he'll be OK.

Hopefully we'll see you next weekend, but I understand if you've got to work. There's always another meet down the road!
    It's a good thing people are paying attention to things like this. Even experienced athletes can have things happen!

As for the meet, provided the pass conditions are favorable for driving on Sunday, I may be "sick" at work.
    One of the Cascade kids was telling me yesterday that a timer had to jump in and rescue a kid at districts. I guess the swimmer had a heart condition. He finished the race and then went under! Hopefully he'll be OK.

Hopefully we'll see you next weekend, but I understand if you've got to work. There's always another meet down the road!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    That's an interesting strategy for CdA. If you do relay leadoffs in the 50 free and 50 back, you could post times in 14 individual events (including the 25's), with legitimate top ten chances in (I'm guessing) 9 of them. Plus if you do any 400 or 800 relays, those are good top ten chances as well.
    Very true...though I'm not sure if my swimming (or lack of) is going to get me where I'd honestly like to be as far as Top Tens. We'll just have to see though.
    That's an interesting strategy for CdA. If you do relay leadoffs in the 50 free and 50 back, you could post times in 14 individual events (including the 25's), with legitimate top ten chances in (I'm guessing) 9 of them. Plus if you do any 400 or 800 relays, those are good top ten chances as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Somehow I had it my head you were swimming SCM in your workout today and when i read 4.35 and 4.32 I thought OMG. Then I reread what you wrote and realized it was scy. I thought age group James was back in the pool!!! Still a very nice swim just not a SCM time.

You definitely get you monies worth out of the meet. Those are some serious lineups.
    Yeah...I may be pretty good at swimming, but not THAT good. I don't think I could do that in a practice setting either!

The meets should be a blast like usual. That's why we do them!
    Somehow I had it my head you were swimming SCM in your workout today and when i read 4.35 and 4.32 I thought OMG. Then I reread what you wrote and realized it was scy. I thought age group James was back in the pool!!! Still a very nice swim just not a SCM time.

You definitely get you monies worth out of the meet. Those are some serious lineups.
    I survived. It was actually easier than the last time I did 1000 fly and I was 5 seconds faster. Sounds like it was better that the Broncos lost and your shoulders were spared. I didn't much care who won but I was very disappointed in a blowout game. Seahawks fans will probably take a superbowl win no matter how it happens but I think the rest of us want drama until the last second. I'm racing the 1650, 200 fly, 200 free and 400IM in a couple weeks. A 1000 fly can only help get me through a day like that.