Blog Comments

Yeah, that's a lot of swimming. I'm impressed you had anything left at the end of the 500! Nice job!

Was there anyone else anywhere near you in the 500?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That's a survival type of meet even in the best of shape with all of those events. I'm impressed with the negative split and pretty pacing on the 500. Nice going.
    Thanks Patrick. One thing that helped is that the pool is 1.5 miles from my house, so I don't have to do the marathon driving to and from the meet like usual around here. The one time of year that we get lucky out here in Wenatchee.

As for the 500, I knew everyone else was complaining about being tired as we got on the blocks (along with me), so I just took it easy to start. But I'm not one to throw my hands up and totally surrender, so I pulled something respectable out of the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Good job! I'd critique your 2fly, but you saw my most recent effort in that event. I have no leg to stand on.
    Thanks! 200 Fly isn't something you just "jump into". You need to be trained and ready for that one.
    BTW, did your leg ever grow back?
    That's a survival type of meet even in the best of shape with all of those events. I'm impressed with the negative split and pretty pacing on the 500. Nice going.
    Good job! I'd critique your 2fly, but you saw my most recent effort in that event. I have no leg to stand on.
    Swim fast on Sunday! (If you can )
    Thanks! I'll give it my best!!
    Swim fast on Sunday! (If you can )
    oh no... look what you did to knelson! i'll get the smelling salts... in the meantime, good job on your 19:00 Davis Mile.
    Yeah...I did math wrong somewhere. I don't know where I was getting 2:30 (:10 x 15 I think, but why 15?) But it was good.
    11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 lengths with :10 rest between each. Total time minus 2:30 for time.
    oh no... look what you did to knelson! i'll get the smelling salts... in the meantime, good job on your 19:00 Davis Mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Congrats on the free suit!!!!!

On a completely unrelated note, I ate a leftover 2-day old McDonald's Fillet O Fish sandwich and thought of you. They accidentally gave me an extra sandwich with my meal deal!
    Thanks also!

That's funny about the McD's. It's probably not as good two days after fresh though.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Well done!
    Thanks!
    Congrats on the free suit!!!!!

On a completely unrelated note, I ate a leftover 2-day old McDonald's Fillet O Fish sandwich and thought of you. They accidentally gave me an extra sandwich with my meal deal!
    Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Next year...I'm thinking a 300 mile goal will be more realistic with my training schedule.
    I suggest 365 miles. Try to avg. one mile per day!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    putting on a tie is like riding a bike. You don't forget. I need to learn how to do a bowtie! Of course, I have no reason to wear one yet.
    When I was doing life insurance sales in Oregon years ago, I'd have to get dressed up for our weekly formal meetings (not sure why), but I did a tie back then. It's just been about 10 years since I've tied one...and I know I could hop on my bike and ride without issues, so bad comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Yeah, I think you're going to make it to 500!

I'm going to have to work for it:
    Yeah, for this year it'll be possible. Definitely helped swimming with the age groupers every day the past year until the end of July. That's where I built up my strong base. I knew swimming on my own would be tougher, and the GTD meter was gradually catching me throughout the past few months.

Next year...I'm thinking a 300 mile goal will be more realistic with my training schedule. I can always "throw in" 200 extra miles on Dec. 31st to retain my Nike sponsor, right?
    putting on a tie is like riding a bike. You don't forget. I need to learn how to do a bowtie! Of course, I have no reason to wear one yet.
    Yeah, I think you're going to make it to 500!

I'm going to have to work for it:
    25.61 miles (= 45,073 yards, = 41,215 meters) to next milestone (500 miles milestone).
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That is all I'm good for on home improvement projects ... unless, of course, there is a light bulb that is hard to reach and requires a tall guy to reach it.
    I'm good for the physical work and ideas with the project, but with knowing my dad so well, I know how much his idea is "King", and my ideas may be "listened to" and sometimes applied. I did get one of my thoughts into the build process today though.
    I think you'll be reported to the national office of the YMCA and be banned for bringing subversive, communist ideas into the organization. One person, one lane. That's the law of the land and don't mess with it, you radical.
    These are the chances we'll have to take. Usually when I swim on Saturday lap swims, I'll split the lane with my dentist, a 65 year old, who actually know what competitive training/lap swimming is about. Both he and I would rather swim together even if an open lane is available just on the YMCA principle that we'll end up with some Unknown factor wanting to split the lane with us within the next 30 minutes or so.
    lots of standing around looking.
    That is all I'm good for on home improvement projects ... unless, of course, there is a light bulb that is hard to reach and requires a tall guy to reach it.

WE WILL BE CIRCLE SWIMMING in a YMCA lap lane during YMCA lap swim time. OMG!!! What will people think!!???
    I think you'll be reported to the national office of the YMCA and be banned for bringing subversive, communist ideas into the organization. One person, one lane. That's the law of the land and don't mess with it, you radical.