Blog Comments

Thanks guys, it was nice to know I completed the set, rather than quitting after it got tough. Actually it started getting tough on #2 of 12. Lucky for me, John said I didn't have to do all 4 of the stroke ones Fly.
    The important thing is you persevered. A 2:11 is a nice way to finish the set. Nice job!
    If you never fail, you never know your limits!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Seconded. I bet James slept well last night!
    Kinda...I couldn't fall asleep till 11:30pm or so...maybe due to the tv and internet rather than actually getting in bed though. And this morning I'm feeling a little sore, but doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    That is when the wheels are supposed to fall off! But, congrats on being in shape!

Maybe he was saying you don't look like you live on fast food?
    Thanks Mike. Fast food is still good, but I'm learning to moderate as well...but I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    That is a tough workout. Nicely done.
    Tough in a way, yet still easier than other workouts. I can do 10x100s like that all day long.
    Seconded. I bet James slept well last night!
    This post started off so well.

Wah Wah...suck it up James
    TEST SET DAY. Yippie... (kill me now)
    Then you ruined it.

"James and Jared, I don't want you guys going 12:00 on this now..."
    finished 12:02
    That is when the wheels are supposed to fall off! But, congrats on being in shape!

I'm looking a lot better in the water.
    Maybe he was saying you don't look like you live on fast food?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yeah, age groupers don't like to lead.

300 breast kick. Definitely. That would take me forever if I had to use a board.

That was an easy kick set. The next set, however, was hard!

So you're going to Indy for sure?
    The kick set was easy, and that got me really wondering..."what's next?"

Indy is a go this year! I actually already got plane tickets/hotel set up if it means anything. I think I'm early enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain;
    He probably thinks it is great that you don't make him lead.
    Yeah, age groupers don't like to lead.

300 breast kick. Definitely. That would take me forever if I had to use a board.

That was an easy kick set. The next set, however, was hard!

So you're going to Indy for sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    If he was leading, I'd be on his toes and . When I'm leading, I try not to let him be in the draft zone, so he's still working to catch me.
    James,

With the workouts you're doing, you need to adjust that 1000 goal of yours. If you can get sub 5:00 on the 500, you need to be striving for sub 10:15 on that 1000! I suspect your times are going to be VERY fast this year ... especially in that sweet Indianapolis pool.
    1000 - check. Now it's a goal instead of a little babystep.

I'm sure I'll be fast this year, and I don't necessarily have to wait for Indy to do it. I've always been a go getter at most meets in season or end of season.

This year, my setback point is going to be the month of March. I may not be swimming too much with family plans and vacationing to El Salvador. But it's a good thing Indy is the 2nd week of May.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Same thing happens to me constantly!
    I was learning all about some new game for the PC or XBox last night from their conversation. It actually sounded pretty interesting with the different types of guns and upgrades available for them over the different levels.
    Wonder how Jared (15 year old kid) feels about having a 35 year old guy leading the workouts?
    James,

With the workouts you're doing, you need to adjust that 1000 goal of yours. If you can get sub 5:00 on the 500, you need to be striving for sub 10:15 on that 1000! I suspect your times are going to be VERY fast this year ... especially in that sweet Indianapolis pool.
    Funny thing is that he and the other guys were carrying on a continual conversation between every rep along the way through the main set. I was trying to regain my breathing to be ready for the next go.
    Same thing happens to me constantly!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    The only thing that stands out, after the reference to my 800 IM, and you're link, is that the 800 Free event has by far the most online entries of ANY other events...50s, 100s, even evilstroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    The only thing that stands out, after the reference to my 800 IM, and you're link, is that the 800 Free event has by far the most online entries of ANY other events...50s, 100s, even evilstroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I really wasn't too far "out of shape" when I started with the team, but yes it was a definite jump up increasing from 3-4 days a week @ 3000 yards to 5-6 days at 5500-6000 yards. I'm just waiting for the results of my labors. NW ZONE in Federal Way. I'm sure the 800 IM will be a good race to see what kind of shape I'm in.
    http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=3629

Notice anything odd?