Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'd say that's more than enough.
    Believe me...I'm feeling it too, especially after the 3-4 days out of the water. I guess I'm not a kid anymore.
    5800 Yards for the day
    I'd say that's more than enough.
    I got a chuckle out of it for sure. If it's not important, then why are you there?
    Thats hilarious. We have a couple of Triathletes who work there tails off so I am not sure if the stereotype fits! "Nothing important, just putting in time." sounds like something a prison inmate would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Nice kick set; I am sure the old lady appreciated you not drowning her. Your such a nice guy!
    Thanks! It's another one of my "go-to" kick sets that I've done in the past. I just haven't done this since I started swimming solo again, and wasn't too sure if I'd be able to make it.
    Nice kick set; I am sure the old lady appreciated you not drowning her. Your such a nice guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I haven't touched a weight or tried P90X in so long I'm sure I couldn't do it either.
    I did the Ab Ripper again last night, and as soon as I laid down on the ground, I could feel the muscle "pain" from the night before. I still made it through the video okay...with my extra rest breaks of course.
    So true, especially since you've got 40, 50, or more years in the sport!
    Agree. I could never have trained like you used to (USA & meets) when my kids were young. In 10 years, you'll have much much more free time. In the meantime, just stay in decent shape. That's the ticket to a more serious comeback.

I haven't touched a weight or tried P90X in so long I'm sure I couldn't do it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddholmes
    Enjoyed your review of the meet - will have to time a NW trip to participate one of these years (swam at Linfield all four years before graduating in 1991)!
    Thanks! It's one of those meets that is serious, yet not so serious at the same time. The Alumni are all about having fun. A few more serious than others, but many are there just to see old friends and go to the afterparty. It would be really cool to have more folks from the 'old days' come back to the meet, but family life and other things have carried many people away from the area.
    I sure hope so!
    Enjoyed your review of the meet - will have to time a NW trip to participate one of these years (swam at Linfield all four years before graduating in 1991)!
    The life of a masters swimmer...always changing, just deal with it the best you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    it does get boring. Just get creative with sets or something. That is what I try to do.
    A lot of sets I do I think of as I start swimming. Like the fly set w/ fins I did today. I started out doing the first two 25s, then thought of a pattern, then later added to the pattern. It's also about how you're feeling as well if you want to push it more or less. This is one advantage of solo swimming as well. With a group, you're sort of stuck doing what the coach wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I do what I can...both at work and in the pool. Lately this seems to be about all the time and energy I have for workouts. Plus as you know, swimming on your own gets boring sometimes.
    it does get boring. Just get creative with sets or something. That is what I try to do.
    I do what I can...both at work and in the pool. Lately this seems to be about all the time and energy I have for workouts. Plus as you know, swimming on your own gets boring sometimes.
    I can't fathom wearing just one suit. Yeah, I did more than you today! Your family is going to have a good Christmas with all that overtime. Working on a late Sunday night. Man, you are a trooper.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Nicely done, James. Those fly swims are not too shabby at all.
    Thanks Kirk! I think fly is my go-to stroke, even when I'm not feeling my greatest. Somehow I'm able to dig down into my lifetime reserves and pull something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    He is one tough guy. I wish I had his mental toughness! Great job James, as per usual.
    I do what I have to. Thanks Leslie.
    Nicely done, James. Those fly swims are not too shabby at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Nice meet. That 1650,400IM,200Fly is one tough set of swims, let alone all those sprints mixed in for fun. Driving that long to and from a meet also adds to the challenge. You are one tough guy!!!
    He is one tough guy. I wish I had his mental toughness! Great job James, as per usual.
Page 7 of 159 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast