View RSS Feed

Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!

My USMS Times

YouTube Videos of my swims

1. Tues, Oct. 23, 2012 7:45-9:00pm

by , October 24th, 2012 at 01:56 AM (Fast Food Makes for Fast Swimming!)
    Monday's practice ended up being cancelled due to a "fecal explosion" in the pool that apparently was extreme...

================================

Tonight, we were at the other pool in town, and we started off nearly the first hour with the coach talking about the age group meet last weekend and handing out the awards to all those who attended. Many of the kids with time drops in 7-10 out of 10 swims over the weekend. Lots of kids ended up swimming "new events" for the first time as well, 200s of strokes, 400 IM, 500/1650.

Got in @ 7:45 for a pretty easy day:

1000 Free DPS

800 Kick w/ fins (25 Dolphin/25 Flutter)
    - did 200 no board/100 board/200 no board/100 board/200 no board

10 x 100 Free Pull @ 1:50 breathe every 3, work on technique/body position/rotation/etc.
    • Odds used my TYR Catalyst paddles
    • Evens used some FINIS Agility paddles
    • With the TYRs I could really use the paddles more for strength and power, and the FINIS paddles, I had to think more about hand placement, pull pattern, etc. My personal preference are the TYR paddles, but I'll still play around with the FINIS paddles at times. I found I can do butterfly with them as well, but backstroke is a no-no with them...they won't stay on your hand during the backstroke entry.
    16 x 50 @ 1:00

4 groups of 4 x 50s each stroke
    • Odds Drill
    • Evens Fast Swim (Flys :30s, other strokes - whatever... )
    200 EZ and out

------------------------
    3800 Yards